The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, heck, @Lari, you put a cat on anything and some people will buy it. ;):winkcat::beerchug:
I would, and I do't even drink the stuff. But it would make me happy, seeing the cans in the fridge!

My dreams are so weird.
Gotcha. One of my stranger ones...well...the dream wasn't SO strange, but it had an odd outcome... I had been binge-watching the PoC movies. Not a huge Depp fan, but I do adore Jack Sparrow. Watched ALL of them, back-to-back, three times over (binge, remember?). SO...I was dreaming that Jack Sparrow and I were running from the Redcoats across a field, hand in hand...we reached the edge of a cliff and threw ourselves over, into the sea. I woke up in MID-AIR, coming down face-first onto my bedside table! I jerked my head to the side, but still clipped my cheek, bruising it and blacking my left eye. BOY did I have fun explaining that one!

Always proactively untwist octagonal hippopotamus pants. - Millicent Mudd.
That is just bizarrely profound!

Anyone else notice the grin on the gator's face?
Having had a LOT of experience with alligators, I can tell you that the child is perfectly safe if she stays away from that tail. ALL of a gator's power is in the CLOSING of the jaws. You can hold their mouths shut with your thumb and two fingers.

I fully recognize that this is petty, but today I found my first grey hair and I'm a bit upset. I'm only in my early 30s :(
I started going gray (well, silver) about then. I now consider each and every gray hair as a merit badge of a youth well misspent, except for those that have the names of my son's engraved along their length. In gold. In Old English font.

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@ShowMeYourKitties, definitely go with your gut on that. I quit a job in mental health before because it was just so toxic for me.

I've started back to school and it feels just so right. Unfortunately for me, the stress rashes have already started and I'm running low on my anxiety meds, had to order more, and right now am stuck rationing them until they hopefully comein on Saturday. Luckily for me, spraining my rib back in June meant I signed up for yoga instead of tabata, and today was the first class. We spent it deep breathing. Out homework all week now is to practice meditation at night to turn off the anxiety mode of our brains. I think the rib injury has definitely been a blessing in disguise!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I fully recognize that this is petty, but today I found my first grey hair and I'm a bit upset. I'm only in my early 30s :(
I had my first white hair when I was 25 and assumed that I would have a full head of grey or white hair in my 30’s or 40’s like others in my family. Well, I will be 68 in October and while I am now have white hair starting to come in pretty heavily, I am still clearly a brunette.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Tobermoy It's so sad, confusing, concerning--when that happens.
Show Me Your Kitties Show Me Your Kitties And when you think that these "health care providers" have people's LIVES in their hands, it's truly horrific.
@Tobermoy It's so sad, confusing, concerning--when that happens.
Show Me Your Kitties Show Me Your Kitties And when you think that these "health care providers" have people's LIVES in their hands, it's truly horrific.
I work for a cleaning company separate from the hospital. Thankfully this horrible man doesn't have any actual lives in his hands. He just cleans up sh*t like the rest of us.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have hair that has switched between wiry curly to stick straight about half a dozen times in my life. I don’t mind either but I just hate when I have half and half. Currently my mostly still brown hair is stick straight but all of the rapidly incoming white is really curly and I just can’t seem to find a haircut that works with both. I am tempted to go very short just to get rid of the straight stuff.
You might look really cute with short hair. You never know! And it'll grow back eventually if you end up not liking it. But that sounds pretty frustrating, honestly.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
segelkatt segelkatt *Echoing Mia6 Mia6 's thoughts* and also complimenting you on the pretty necklace. IMHO white/silver is very similar to blonde anyway -- they are all very pale shades -- and since grey is a very popular color to tint right now, you're doubly fashionable!
@Mother Dragon -- no, I don't have that. I just let it go to machine or on the iPhone, to voicemail, and block the number and delete the call.

The stone on the silver necklace is called Larimar, a volcanic stone from the Dominican Republic which was first found in the 1970s and is now being mined there. As the mine produces less and less the price will go up. I love the clear sky blue with white and I have quite a few pieces, also bought some beads and chips and made my own Larimar jewelry. Unfortunately as the mine keeps churning it out the quality of the stones found is getting worse with brownish streaks and inclusions and the blue is not as intense anymore, what I've seen lately is much lighter than what I have. This one is Larimar with liquid silver that I wrap or hang loose.
larimar & liquid silver.jpg

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and family are making the move to St. Louis tomorrow. I haven't been able to see Shane. I had a sore throat for almost a week. It was most likely caused by my allergies. Stuffy nose and breathing through my mouth at night. But, since I wasn't 100% sure, it wasn't worth the risk to him. And Aedan has had a little bit of a cold for the last few days. So that sucks.

And someone is stirring up drama. Telling people that my sister is using the money donated to Shane's fundraiser for the move. First of all, she isn't. Her husband's uncle loaned them the money for the down payment on the little house they're buying just outside the city. Secondly, even if she was using the donations for the move, that's what they're for. They are to help with necessities for Shane's health. Moving is what is best for him. As it is, if he gets so much as a fever, he has to be life flighted to St. Louis. If they live there, he'll be able to get to the hospital much more quickly in case of emergency. And he won't be separated from his siblings all the time. He was getting depressed in the hospital. Since he's been home, he's been much better. And it will be easier for them to get back and forth for his treatments. And my sister and brother in law won't have to be separated from the younger kids all the time. This is what's best for all of them.

Why do people have to be so dumb and petty?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt My oldest and dearest friend has a heart pendant made of larimar, and I liked it so much I bought a larimar ring from TheAnimalRescueSite.com. It isn't as pretty a stone as my friend's -- it's kind of insipid light blue and white -- but I like it.
artiemom artiemom Me, too!!!
Alicia88 Alicia88 People can be very short-sighted and inimaginative, among other things! Of course this entire matter is because of Shane. Anything and everything that can facilitate his having less stress, more comfort and joy is what needs to happen, by whatever means. All of the naysayers would agree, I have no doubt, if they had something similar happening in one of their loved ones' lives. It seems to be necessary more often these days to look over what others think, do, and say, and follow one's own guiding Light. In your family's case, that Light shines very strongly and clearly.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and family are making the move to St. Louis tomorrow. I haven't been able to see Shane. I had a sore throat for almost a week. It was most likely caused by my allergies. Stuffy nose and breathing through my mouth at night. But, since I wasn't 100% sure, it wasn't worth the risk to him. And Aedan has had a little bit of a cold for the last few days. So that sucks.

And someone is stirring up drama. Telling people that my sister is using the money donated to Shane's fundraiser for the move. First of all, she isn't. Her husband's uncle loaned them the money for the down payment on the little house they're buying just outside the city. Secondly, even if she was using the donations for the move, that's what they're for. They are to help with necessities for Shane's health. Moving is what is best for him. As it is, if he gets so much as a fever, he has to be life flighted to St. Louis. If they live there, he'll be able to get to the hospital much more quickly in case of emergency. And he won't be separated from his siblings all the time. He was getting depressed in the hospital. Since he's been home, he's been much better. And it will be easier for them to get back and forth for his treatments. And my sister and brother in law won't have to be separated from the younger kids all the time. This is what's best for all of them.

Why do people have to be so dumb and petty?[/QUOTE

Alicia,

When is Shane's next surgery? Will he need radiation and chemo?
There will always be people who love drama and with social media
it's even more rampant.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't go to class or work today. My depression decided to rear its ugly head and won't let me. I'm lying in bed like the useless lump I am.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't go to class or work today. My depression decided to rear its ugly head and won't let me. I'm lying in bed like the useless lump I am.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you feel better. :redheartpump:

Can I ask you something? Do you have issues with adrenaline rushes as well? Because I have depression too but also anxiety. When my brain is on high alert, I have adrenaline rushes over little things. It's been so bad, I've considered beta-blockers.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you feel better. :redheartpump:

Can I ask you something? Do you have issues with adrenaline rushes as well? Because I have depression too but also anxiety. When my brain is on high alert, I have adrenaline rushes over little things. It's been so bad, I've considered beta-blockers.
Sorry you have this as well. :hugs:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have generalized anxiety. I've never thought of myself having adrenaline rushes. That's something to consider.

Aw.....Katie, I'm so sorry. Have you spoken with doc about this?:alright:
I have an appointment coming up. I've been on the same dose of antidepressant for a while now, so maybe it's not working anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.