The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
No, no, no. It's not MY birthday, it's Samai's. She's a year old today. But I'll tell her you wished her a happy birthday.
When I first got her she was so small she could fit in my hand with room to spare. Now I can't pick her up without a crane. We honestly didn't know if they were going to make it. It was touch and go for awhile. But just look at her now.
What a gorgeous girl! She was just making up for lost eating time.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just checked. I haven't received a single email notification in the last week. I checked my settings, and they all seem to be okay. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Margret
I've asked the Admins to look into this. :)

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked. I haven't received a single email notification in the last week. I checked my settings, and they all seem to be okay. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Margret
That was happening to me. I never did figure it out completely, but it stopped after I was careful to make sure I clicked "See this thread" in the emails, even if it happened to be a post that was made while I was on the site and I already saw it. Kinda annoying to read something a second time, especially if a second new post came in and I have to click that link as well, but it seems to work.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Spring is in the air and it has driven my 15 year old cat crazy. He ran into the living room at full speed, leaped onto the cat tree, jumped onto a platform that has one of those sisal posts and started scratching like crazy, his ears back and his eyes huge. He looked like some kind of crazed rabid animal. I walked over to open the blinds for him and he dropped into pounce mode, staring at me with those huge eyes and those ears back. I opened them, remembered I needed to clean the cat boxes and walked away while watching him. He looked at me, looked at the window, back and forth, like he couldn't figure out if he wanted to pounce and attack me or look out the window.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've asked the Admins to look into this. :)
Thank you so much.

That was happening to me. I never did figure it out completely, but it stopped after I was careful to make sure I clicked "See this thread" in the emails, even if it happened to be a post that was made while I was on the site and I already saw it. Kinda annoying to read something a second time, especially if a second new post came in and I have to click that link as well, but it seems to work.
Thanks, arouetta arouetta . I just went to the week-old last notification I got for this thread and clicked on it, as you suggested.

Spring is in the air and it has driven my 15 year old cat crazy. He ran into the living room at full speed, leaped onto the cat tree, jumped onto a platform that has one of those sisal posts and started scratching like crazy, his ears back and his eyes huge. He looked like some kind of crazed rabid animal. I walked over to open the blinds for him and he dropped into pounce mode, staring at me with those huge eyes and those ears back. I opened them, remembered I needed to clean the cat boxes and walked away while watching him. He looked at me, looked at the window, back and forth, like he couldn't figure out if he wanted to pounce and attack me or look out the window.
:lol::dizzycat: :happycat: :devilcat2:
* * * * * *​
:bunnydance: :woohoo: I'm mobile again! I woke up this morning with a brainstorm: I should attach some of that non-slip shelf liner (the kind from the Dollar Store, that I also use to keep area rugs in place and open jars) to the stick shift in my car. I just gave it a try, motor off, parking brake on, and I can get the car into and out of all 5 forward gears and reverse (the hard one), without causing further injury to my wrist (I'm not having to try to fight the cast in order to grip the stick shift; instead I can use the cast as if it were my palm, and the cast takes pressure off of the wrist). Such a relief! It will be for Fred, too. He's the friend who's been helping me get to important doctor appointments, which has taken some fairly large chunks of time from his days recently. I really need to think of something very nice I can do to thank him. He refused to accept gas money, on the grounds that he drives a hybrid car and isn't using that much gas, and yesterday he treated me to lunch at Tokyo Joe's. Maybe a Tokyo Joe's gift card, so he can take his whole family out for dinner? :headscratch:

Margret

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I just checked and there was indeed an issue with your email. I'll send you a private message about it.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
I talked with my grandma today. Two weeks exactly since the stroke, it was 9pm her time Friday the 9th. The day after the stroke she had no vision in her left eye and she could wiggle her left toes and left fingers. Today she told me that she's walking, though someone is holding her, but still walking. She can raise her left hand over her head and hold it. She's got some vision back, though she has to move her eyes around to actually really look to the left. I've never heard a problem in her speech that would indicate mouth paralysis, never heard her say anything to question alertness and memory, and she said today that when asked about all the grand kids and great-grand kids she could identify each picture and remembered not just names but birthdates accurately.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm out of the dentist, minus one tooth.
Oh, good! I was worried about you. I know you feel better, or will very shortly!

she said today that when asked about all the grand kids and great-grand kids she could identify each picture and remembered not just names but birthdates accurately.
For

Lord, she is doing better than I am! This is terrific news.

I've quit worrying about notifications. I find it much faster to come here, click on my name next to the PM icon in the banner, then go to the left and click on "watched threads." It has actually cut almost an hour off of my total time online.

SIGH...I feel like I'm living in a remake of "Ben Purr." Hekitty stands at the prow and says, "We keep you alive to serve this cat. Pass out treats and live!"

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I made a huge vat of spaghetti sauce last night and got it all into freezer bags in individual servings last night. Tonight I'll do the same thing with two pounds of spaghetti. I love being able to cook and freeze.

Just got signed up (between that last paragraph and this one) for my Medicare supplemental plan. I got a really, really good one that will cover my prescriptions, and the premium is WAY low. This is good stuff! In fact, I may not have a premium, we aren't completely sure on that, but there is an excellent chance. Cross your fingers!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got signed up (between that last paragraph and this one) for my Medicare supplemental plan. I got a really, really good one that will cover my prescriptions, and the premium is WAY low. This is good stuff! In fact, I may not have a premium, we aren't completely sure on that, but there is an excellent chance. Cross your fingers!
What is the name of the plan? Do you have a link? My mom pays $200/month for her supplemental and it doesn't cover much of prescriptions.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Is it possible to be allergic to catnip? I went upstairs and gave Montressor some catnip. I had it in a pie pan, steep sides to keep it from getting all over but lots of room for whiskers and he was suspicious. Suspicious enough that he sniffed and then rubbed up against me like he did when I was trying to sneak pills into the treats. I stayed a little to coax him and now I have a blinding headache that feels like a sinus headache. Very sudden onset almost as soon as I left the room.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the name of the plan? Do you have a link? My mom pays $200/month for her supplemental and it doesn't cover much of prescriptions.
For prescriptions you need a Part D plan ("D" for "Drugs"), which you have to buy separately from your hospitalization/medical supplemental insurance plan. It helps immensely to get assistance from an insurance broker during your Medicare Open Enrollment period; you'll have to check when that is for you. (I really mean "your mother," of course.) For each month that you don't have a Part D plan you face a penalty when paying for it in future, and the penalty is in effect for the rest of your life. The penalty isn't huge, but it can definitely add up.

Insurance brokers get payment from insurance companies, so they don't charge you for the assistance, and (in my experience) they don't try to push more expensive plans upon you; I gather that they're paid no matter what you decide to go with.

Is it possible to be allergic to catnip? I went upstairs and gave Montressor some catnip. I had it in a pie pan, steep sides to keep it from getting all over but lots of room for whiskers and he was suspicious. Suspicious enough that he sniffed and then rubbed up against me like he did when I was trying to sneak pills into the treats. I stayed a little to coax him and now I have a blinding headache that feels like a sinus headache. Very sudden onset almost as soon as I left the room.
It's possible to be allergic to just about anything, including yourself (drat it!). However, given Montressor's reaction I have to wonder whether there wasn't something actually wrong with that batch of catnip. You may want to buy some fresh catnip, possibly a different brand, and see whether you have the same reaction; that's the cheapest way I know of to test it.

Margret

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible to be allergic to just about anything, including yourself (drat it!). However, given Montressor's reaction I have to wonder whether there wasn't something actually wrong with that batch of catnip. You may want to buy some fresh catnip, possibly a different brand, and see whether you have the same reaction; that's the cheapest way I know of to test it.

Margret
This is the same container that Montressor was so attracted he became super aggressive towards Midway. I really think that since I served it in a pie pan instead of on a plate he thought I was sneaking pills into it, or the pie pan had such a strange smell (metal, maybe a remnant of dishwasher detergent, kept with other metal pans) that it just weirded him out too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.