The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popping in real quickly to say that I should be here tomorrow as usual, and that Margret Margret 's internet is down. She hopes to be back online tomorrow, but isn't sure yet. She's fine, just incommunicado.
After I called Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and asked her to post I went to the store, because Comcast had said the internet would be down until morning and there were a couple things I needed. When I got home I discovered the internet was back. :dunno: (Not complaining.) I've missed BookBub as it's too late for that now, but I did get on eBay to find out that I've won my auction and pay for the new fountain pen that should arrive next week.

And now I'm going to check out my BookBub and Early Bird Books emails to see whether I missed something good that I want to put on my BookBub wish list for next time around. Good night, all.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I think I'm not adult enough to plan a wedding. :ruminating: I haven't even managed to lock down a date/venue yet.
It isn't about how "adult" you are; it's about how difficult the job is, and there are all sorts of things that can make this job difficult, starting with where you live and the time of year. I can't believe that trying to do this near Christmas time makes it any easier. So jettison the self-doubt, which I'm sure is unwarranted, and start looking at what it is that's getting in the way of this task and see whether you can think of ways around those barriers.

Blaming yourself, when it isn't actually your fault, can only get in the way of seeing the real problems so that you can deal with them.

Margret

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Margret Margret - you have very valid points. My fiancé has been working a lot of extra hours lately because he wants a good amount on his work project done before the holidays, and there's a lot going on for me at school as well, and there's so many little fiddly things involved and I want to get started, but it's so overwhelming sometimes.

It'll be easier once we're both less tired and busy and can collaborate. And I need to focus on one step at a time, which isn't always easy for me.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Well this week is strange. I took my truck in to fix a minor leak and find out it's gonna cost 1000 or more. So i started looking for vehicles. I dont like anything that's around here...or too expensive. Too many miles on them for what they want. So last night I got an offer of help and was floored. I dont know if it's worth dumping another grand into this money pit. I already spent 1800 this fall for various things that gone wrong. I was going to finance the vehicle since my savings is now depleted by all the repairs and vet bills from Pumps. And not having overtime really annoys the hell out of me. The last 2 weekends they had us work...now if they would get us back to working 7 days a week I could build my savings back up....and yes life can be challenging.

Lari Lari I have no patience for girl stuff with weddings or home decorating. I would be like yeah flowers are fine, just make them prettty...the only thing that I would be interested in wedding planning is the food. Lol. Got to have good food. And music at the reception. The rest of it I totally agree with you....piddly fiddly details....good luck! I understand your frustration!!!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone taken milk thistle (silymarin) for themselves before? I bought it for Felix but I heard its good for acne so I decided to try it. Took 2 pills last night and it gave me insomnia. I'm 75% sure my acne is caused by my digestive system. It's like a curse. I have so much little scars and hyperpigmentation. Milk thistle is supposed to detox your liver so I thought it would help. Has anyone had acne problems at all? It has wrecked my self-esteem. People tell me that it's not even that bad but in my mind, it's the worst and life would be more bearable if I had clear skin 24/7.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had acne problems at all? It has wrecked my self-esteem. People tell me that it's not even that bad but in my mind, it's the worst and life would be more bearable if I had clear skin 24/7.
I have clear skin now. But I can only use 2 products on my face or it breaks out. I can't use makeup or creams/lotions, just these 2 products:

My cleanser:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clean-Cl...Face-Wash-for-Sensitive-Skin-8-fl-oz/10801463

My moisturizer:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Pack-Fruit-Of-The-Earth-Aloe-Vera-Gel-12-oz/892848134

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
foxxycat foxxycat , I really like your new profile picture.
Thank you kashmir64 kashmir64 it was one of my rare moments of getting the artist bug. It was drawn from a photo of pumps in our backyard.

IMG_20181205_181252_522.jpg

She wouldn't look at me. The nut. I really miss her. She was a friendly kitty.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Has anyone taken milk thistle (silymarin) for themselves before? I bought it for Felix but I heard its good for acne so I decided to try it. Took 2 pills last night and it gave me insomnia. I'm 75% sure my acne is caused by my digestive system. It's like a curse. I have so much little scars and hyperpigmentation. Milk thistle is supposed to detox your liver so I thought it would help. Has anyone had acne problems at all? It has wrecked my self-esteem. People tell me that it's not even that bad but in my mind, it's the worst and life would be more bearable if I had clear skin 24/7.
My daughter had terrible acne and she was already past 30. Some of it was caused by stress but not all of it. Her face, chest and back were so broken out it looked like she had chicken pox or measles. Due to her heart condition she also had a low immunity to infection which did not help. I kept seeing those ads on TV about ProActive which showed all these before and after pictures. So I bought her that and the results were unbelievable. All those red spots and oozing places healed up in about 6 weeks and she hardly ever broke out after that. Sure, she was left with little scars and pits after that but it was ever so much better than what she had before. I even asked her doctor what caused her to clear up so much in such a short time when nothing else had helped. He said the main ingredient in ProActive was the same as what dermatologists used and a lot less expensive. Before using the ProActive she used to put on makeup very skillfully to hide all those breakouts but that certainly did not help the breakouts.
Here are two pictures of her before and after. The second picture shows her after a thyroid surgery (tape on her throat) and you can also see her open heart surgery scar running vertically on her chest. She was not happy that I wanted to take a picture of her then but I wanted it for her medical history.
all smiles.JPG
parathyroid surgery.jpg
there are still a few blemishes visible on this pic but nothing like on that previous picture.
She really was past 30 on these pictures but she always looked much younger than she was, people even asked if she was old enough to drive and forget about being carded, she would have her ID out before she was even asked.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari
If Michele would have had her way, we would have eloped, but her mother had other ideas.
Ouch! Roger and I got married in the mountains, an hour after sunrise in a pretty little meadow that has since been taken over by a housing development. We had a friend play "In the Garden" on his guitar rather than "The Wedding March" (horrible song). My father-in-law thought it was horrible that we weren't having "The Wedding March" and put a huge effort into trying to find a sound system so he could foist "The Wedding March" on us; fortunately he was unsuccessful. But he also hired a bus to bring family members up to the mountains, which made good sense, but the driver thought that at altitude he might not be able to restart the bus if he turned the engine off so we have these horrible noises in the background of the audio tape of our wedding. And at our reception my grandmother said to me, in a surprised voice, "It was a nice wedding after all!" I don't know what she expected, maybe that we'd wear blue jeans and promise to hate each other?

If the mother of the bride has certain expectations, you're doomed before you start. I suggest that it's time to ask her for her assistance in planning the wedding and booking the venue, etc..

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 is the resident expert on herbs....

Margret

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I think I'm not adult enough to plan a wedding. :ruminating: I haven't even managed to lock down a date/venue yet.
So, JUST did this less than 2 years ago. My best advice? Try to relax and not get too worked up over it. My whole wedding fell down around my ears. My bridesmaids didn't bother getting their dresses, half of the groomsmen didn't show, my mother rolled her vehicle on her way there (she was fine and made it, but late), the phone we had the wedding playlist on decided to go kaput - absolutely nothing went according to plan. I still ended up married. I still got to be a beautiful bride. At the end of the day, the rest of it didn't matter that much.
I was so stressed trying to get our wedding planned, I developed an eye twitch. Literally. As soon as I got there, even though everything fell apart, the eye twitch was gone.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also would have to say that with weddings just relax and go with the flow. We had all kinds of little mishaps. Pick a venue first and pick the date from that unless you have a specific date that means something to you. From there book everything that fills up far in advance (caterers, music/dj, officiants, photographers, ect). Get your dress or whatever you're wearing as early as possible because so much goes wrong in this area.

This is our Christmas card photo for this year:

IMG_7817.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.