The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Marcy has already climbed on Kirby's lap for pets! It was months before she did that with us. I guess her time with us made her quicker to trust.
I knew when I saw that picture that she'd be fine with the little one eventually. That bed (kid sheets) is saturated with his scent, and she's quite relaxed there.

Cuz cats have the ability to become liquid at will. That's why they can get inside anything. And they want to be liquid every time it is inconvenient for their human slaves.

Yep.

That kid is huge! He's probably going to end up 6½ feet tall or something like that.
My elder was 6'6" when he was 16 years old. He topped out at just shy of 6'10" which disgusted him as he wouldn't be able to qualify for the Navy SEAL program. Too tall. He went army, and became a medic.

Shoes are another nightmare.
Above son at 16 wore 14EEE. Now, he's up to 16EEEE. Thank GOD I don't have to buy his shoes anymore! Even back then, a decent but basic pair of athletic shoes cost over $120. Nothing fancy, just...shoes.

John wasn't being serious. But it will be funny if Aedan is towering over him by the time he's 15. Lol
God knows, mine did. Thankfully, by then, the habit of respect was well-entrenched, and we only had one episode where he tried LOOMING. I dealt with it quickly and decisively.

I wish I knew how to stop Connor from kidnapping and molesting stuffed animals. He was neutered at 5 months old.
:crackup:I knew another cat like that, but the object of his affection was my friend's (Shannon) left bedroom slipper. Fuzzy and pink. ONLY the left one. At least he was faithful. Best advice? Get him his own stuffed "girlfriend," gently remove the others from him and give him the appropriate one, and let him have at it. It won't hurt a thing. I do advise something washable.

We've been having storms all day, and I think that's why my vertigo is finally clearing up. The barometric pressure is normalizing again, and all the rain has laid the pollen, and since my vertigo is linked to my allergies and my sinusitis, a good storm can work wonders! AND it is noticably cooler out there!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aedan had a major poopsplision in his swing and now he's throwing a fit cuz he can't use it. I washed the fabric but I was afraid to put it in the dryer so it's still damp. He's a very stubborn child. He wants his swing and nothing else will satisfy him.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm off on holiday tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it, it's going to be a well deserved break. But I can't help but worrying about my two furbabies. They're incredibly affectionate and often crave for company. We've made arrangements with a neighbour and I posted a thread about it in the Cat Behaviour section last month, where I got some reassuring responses. With some neighbour cuddles and company hopefully they'll be alright.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you find the generic? Or am I thinking of another member?

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My computer is making me crazy. I typed out a letter today, printed it and opened the file for my envelopes. I drew the text box, and addressed it. Went to print, and my Office insisted that I do a mail merge. It has NEVER done this before, and I don't know why it is doing it now, and I don't know how to MERGE to begin with and HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP! I don't DO mass mailings. I just address one envelope at a time. Stoopy Office 360.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not in front of a computer, so fuzzy on steps, but you should have a selection somewhere called "labels and envelopes". It might be a new document. Labels will be the first to show in the pop up box, but there should be a tab for switching to envelopes. You can address it in the pop up box, print from there too, and not need a separate file.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I may resort to that, but...I have this stationary pattern that I kept from an old Office version. It's a Victorian pattern, and I really like it. I don't mind just doing a new, plain envelope for my business corrospondence, but for personal, I would love to use "mine!"

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So random question, hope you guys don't mind me asking here.

So I took my two kittens to a different vet yesterday cause they were both sick and had roundworms.

They got treated and I brought them home.

I then went to an animal shelter to hang out with some different cats. Probably physically touched close to a dozen cats, in petting, holding, etc.

Went home and didn't really go out afterwards.

Today when I woke up I noticed two flea bites on my right arm...

I had dealt with fleas for months last year before I had cats. I mostly got the bites on my legs and didn't really get any on my arms until fairly late in.

Do you think I just may have gotten bite at the shelter and I should be safe at home?

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Possibly at the shelter. But even if the bites happened at the shelter it doesn't mean you or your kittens are safe. All you need is one pregnant flea getting caught up in your socks and making the trip home with you.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Possibly at the shelter. But even if the bites happened at the shelter it doesn't mean you or your kittens are safe. All you need is one pregnant flea getting caught up in your socks and making the trip home with you.
Yeah I got two doses of revolution from the vet just now, and I'll spray knock out in my apartment tomorrow.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason last night, I charged my phone in the bedroom instead of the living room. A little before 1am, my sister called. She was stranded just outside of town with all 6 kids. Blown radiator. I was getting ready to go get her, but John offered cuz he doesn't have the means to make the baby happy if he wakes up. So he very illegally stuffed my sister, my brother in law, and 6 kids into my little 6 passenger car. Don't ask me how he pulled it off. But, they made it safely to my brother in law's dad's. So that was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.