The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennifurr

To err is human, to purr is feline
Young Cat
Purraise
I may be taking a break from here.

There are too many personal issues in my life. My husband has to go to the ER for the second time this month; the first time he went, it was for a broken hand in an accident at home. This time, he withdrew from his meds and becoming dehydrated at the most, and I don't know which hospital he is in, or if he's getting out tonight. My heart is in a trillion pieces, and I want to be so close to him really badly, it hurts. I am in so much anguish, I have no idea what to do anymore. I just can't take another second of it. So if you don't see me posting regularly, that is why.:frown::sigh::sniffle::bawling:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
It has been a month since I put Feliway into Patrick's room where he hangs out at night, during the day he has the run of the place. There is absolutely no difference in his behavior, so that was a waste of money. He still hangs around my legs when I'm at the computer but runs when I try to pick him up, I can pet him as long as he hangs around but no picking up. He runs whenever I come near him or come into a room where he already is, he acts like he is in a total panic. He actually seems to be reverting to something from a year ago. He now pees in the litter box but has decided that his poops go on the floor. At least they are hard enough that I can just pick them up with a paper towel and they leave no mark on the carpet. I give up. He will be here forever, I will fight with the adoption program regarding the expenses and if and when he has another episode of severe constipation where he needs to be cleaned out I will reluctantly have him sent to the rainbow bridge. I have done all I could and can't take the mental and monetary strain anymore. He is unadoptable. I am sorry.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I have completely cheated on my barely-existent diet. This morning I started off eating not one but two Salisbury Steak patties for breakfast. They were each the size of half a tennis ball but still. That should have filled me up until dinner. Nope, two hours later I ate two Eggo's before work. At work I was starving and not feeling well by 3pm so I took a break (rare for me) and had my usual Hostess Cupcakes for a snack (yes, I'm losing weight while eating those every 6+ hour shift I work). Normally I also get a Coke and sip just enough for taste but the rest of the bottle goes to waste. I decided to save the $1.25 by putting some SodaStream in a Coke bottle I had hanging around and sipped on that. Came home and ate a cereal bowl of spaghetti and have been craving SodaStream instead of my usual water (which means I'm not thirsty in the slightest).

So I figure I ate Eggo's, half the spaghetti and a couple of glasses of SodaStream more than I should have. Oh well, dust myself off and quit the over-eating tomorrow. No, not tomorrow, I'm going to be a good girl and dump out the SodaStream and refill the glass with water.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know which hospital he is in, or if he's getting out tonight.
If he was picked up by ambulance, you can call the police non-emergency number and ask what hospital the ambulance went to. They will need to know the location and time of pick-up. If he walked in, call the local hospitals, ask to speak to the ER department, and state clearly that you are the spouse, you do not want information about his condition over the phone, you simply want to know if he is there so you know where to go. They really aren't supposed to give even that out, but most people are pretty understanding of a worried spouse and will say if the patient is there or not.

Be prepared for some miscommunication. When my husband went by ambulance to the hospital, the hospital said no such ambulance existed and none were on their way even though the police non-emergency number confirmed there really was an ambulance and I had simply beaten it to the hospital.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah my notifications don't always work either.
I need to go back to my original deodorant. Dove SUCKS. All I smell is BO!! :crash: I take a walk most days at lunch..today was warmer than usual...

I usually use the one that's blue...Secret? I don't remember..but I have tried several more expensive ones- $5 a piece! :angryfire: And they don't work for crud. Neither does Degree. Sigh...at least I have some baby powder to "powder my nose" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Honeybee was too hot last night. Got mad at me when I tried to get her to sleep on me-I even put a pillow between us and she was having none of that. This morning she came up to me swishing her tail and licking me meowing at me...they didn't eat their kibble yesterday..too hot. I am going to get some KRM/KMR? and try mixing with fancy feast...I doubt they will eat it but my sissies cat loved it yesterday.

I went to my sisters to see everyone. She has a kitty who has an abscess in her mouth and their vet gave them clavamox and she wasn't interested in kibble..so I had a bag of wet food and kitten milk cause my girls wont eat it..she loved the milk..she lapped it up. Got to get a few more cans for them and drop them off. Then I mixed the KMR with wet food and both kitties ate it up. I told them they really need to put out wet food when it's hot like this. It was 85 yesterday. Luckily she has a basement and they can hang out down there but it's kind of dark and well just not where I would want to be. Plus this kitty is afraid of the dogs-but she's been around dogs all her life=evidently in her old age she's decided she's had enough. :bawling2:

Still more BS rumors at work. I just can't wait to get the vote done Wed night but I don't expect any miracles. We have half of us who have no fear and know we can find employment elsewhere then we have a mixed bag of people who don't have much skills but for whatever reason they were hired on permanently after their trial period. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to some meeting with one of the VPS. rumor is KEpco may be interested in us. I don't see that happening. I think the government is going to step in and make it a Local buyer of the USA..time will tell!:argue:
:grouphug::hugs:

There are too many personal issues in my life. My husband has to go to the ER for the second time this month; the first time he went, it was for a broken hand in an accident at home. This time, he withdrew from his meds and becoming dehydrated at the most, and I don't know which hospital he is in, or if he's getting out tonight. My heart is in a trillion pieces, and I want to be so close to him really badly, it hurts. I am in so much anguish, I have no idea what to do anymore. I just can't take another second of it. So if you don't see me posting regularly, that is why.:frown::sigh::sniffle::bawling:
It has been a month since I put Feliway into Patrick's room where he hangs out at night, during the day he has the run of the place. There is absolutely no difference in his behavior, so that was a waste of money. He still hangs around my legs when I'm at the computer but runs when I try to pick him up, I can pet him as long as he hangs around but no picking up. He runs whenever I come near him or come into a room where he already is, he acts like he is in a total panic. He actually seems to be reverting to something from a year ago. He now pees in the litter box but has decided that his poops go on the floor. At least they are hard enough that I can just pick them up with a paper towel and they leave no mark on the carpet. I give up. He will be here forever, I will fight with the adoption program regarding the expenses and if and when he has another episode of severe constipation where he needs to be cleaned out I will reluctantly have him sent to the rainbow bridge. I have done all I could and can't take the mental and monetary strain anymore. He is unadoptable. I am sorry.
We all get stress. We do. :grouphug: You have done the best you can. :hugs:

I have completely cheated on my barely-existent diet. This morning I started off eating not one but two Salisbury Steak patties for breakfast. They were each the size of half a tennis ball but still. That should have filled me up until dinner. Nope, two hours later I ate two Eggo's before work. At work I was starving and not feeling well by 3pm so I took a break (rare for me) and had my usual Hostess Cupcakes for a snack (yes, I'm losing weight while eating those every 6+ hour shift I work). Normally I also get a Coke and sip just enough for taste but the rest of the bottle goes to waste. I decided to save the $1.25 by putting some SodaStream in a Coke bottle I had hanging around and sipped on that. Came home and ate a cereal bowl of spaghetti and have been craving SodaStream instead of my usual water (which means I'm not thirsty in the slightest).

So I figure I ate Eggo's, half the spaghetti and a couple of glasses of SodaStream more than I should have. Oh well, dust myself off and quit the over-eating tomorrow. No, not tomorrow, I'm going to be a good girl and dump out the SodaStream and refill the glass with water.
You'll survive! And tomorrow is another day...

If he was picked up by ambulance, you can call the police non-emergency number and ask what hospital the ambulance went to. They will need to know the location and time of pick-up. If he walked in, call the local hospitals, ask to speak to the ER department, and state clearly that you are the spouse, you do not want information about his condition over the phone, you simply want to know if he is there so you know where to go. They really aren't supposed to give even that out, but most people are pretty understanding of a worried spouse and will say if the patient is there or not.

Be prepared for some miscommunication. When my husband went by ambulance to the hospital, the hospital said no such ambulance existed and none were on their way even though the police non-emergency number confirmed there really was an ambulance and I had simply beaten it to the hospital.
:yeah:

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Never rains but it pours.

I checked the mailbox and jury summons. Blech. No reporting time so I called them. Earliest is at the courthouse 8:30 in the morning. Hmmm, so I get home from work at 11:15, and even if I skip the wind-down and go straight to bed I'll be taking my medicine at 11:30. I'm not safe to really do anything, even walking down the stairs, especially driving, for about 8.5 hours, yet I have to get up, showered, eat, drive to the courthouse and arrive at the courthouse 9 hours later. That means I'll be driving when I'm so doped up that I shouldn't be driving. Last time I did that (my husband absolutely insisted I bring him something) I didn't see the car I hit until I hit it. Yet the lady at the courthouse was laughing when I said "This ain't cool". She acted like it was just a case of late-to-bed and late-to-rise, but said if I can get a doctor's note I can send that in and request a medical exemption. If they don't grant a medical exemption and I get into an accident or pulled over, I'm going to be suing. No one should be forced to drive when they simply aren't safe on the road.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Break out the champagne!

Got the results of the stress test and echocardiogram. After Googling all the terms, basically all that's wrong with my heart is a small area probably has a small bit of blockage in an artery, nothing serious, and one of my valves is just a tad little bit leaky, again nothing serious. No previous heart attack, no wall thickening, the EKG machine and I just didn't get along that day.

Since I broke the MRI machine, the other part of that test is on Thursday. If that reveals I'm just being a baby and there's nothing wrong with the rotator cuff I'll probably throw a party or something.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Never rains but it pours.

I checked the mailbox and jury summons. Blech. No reporting time so I called them. Earliest is at the courthouse 8:30 in the morning. Hmmm, so I get home from work at 11:15, and even if I skip the wind-down and go straight to bed I'll be taking my medicine at 11:30. I'm not safe to really do anything, even walking down the stairs, especially driving, for about 8.5 hours, yet I have to get up, showered, eat, drive to the courthouse and arrive at the courthouse 9 hours later. That means I'll be driving when I'm so doped up that I shouldn't be driving. Last time I did that (my husband absolutely insisted I bring him something) I didn't see the car I hit until I hit it. Yet the lady at the courthouse was laughing when I said "This ain't cool". She acted like it was just a case of late-to-bed and late-to-rise, but said if I can get a doctor's note I can send that in and request a medical exemption. If they don't grant a medical exemption and I get into an accident or pulled over, I'm going to be suing. No one should be forced to drive when they simply aren't safe on the road.
Your doctor will know how to write a note that will hit all of the right buttons and get you out of this. It isn't the medication that is the disqualifying factor: it is the illness for which you are taking it.

Break out the champagne!

Got the results of the stress test and echocardiogram. After Googling all the terms, basically all that's wrong with my heart is a small area probably has a small bit of blockage in an artery, nothing serious, and one of my valves is just a tad little bit leaky, again nothing serious. No previous heart attack, no wall thickening, the EKG machine and I just didn't get along that day.

Since I broke the MRI machine, the other part of that test is on Thursday. If that reveals I'm just being a baby and there's nothing wrong with the rotator cuff I'll probably throw a party or something.
Great news about the stress test and echocardiogram results. When do you actually meet with the doctor to go over all of the results?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Well yesterday was interesting to say the least. More bad news. From work. The salary people lost their severance package if they get laid off. So now watch the mass exodus of people. Disgusting. How much money are these animals stealing from the business coffers?! my group has to take care of an issue this week. It is going to get interesting to say the least. The good news is the other big companies around us are hiring. My resume building will begin very soon. I am not expecting anything from these animals. The same people who got us into this mess now ask us to trust them. Yeah I would trust a bear before we trust you people EVER again!

margd

Veteran
Purraise

This sounds awful. Remember we are here for you so if you need to vent, we're here to listen. How is your husband doing now? Going off/changing medicines can really throw people for a loop so I hope he's doing better.Don't forget to take care of yourself! :hugs::redheartpump::hugs::redheartpump::hugs::redheartpump::hugs:

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Great news about the stress test and echocardiogram results. When do you actually meet with the doctor to go over all of the results?
They said they would call to set up an appointment if he decided he needed to follow up. As of today no call yet. I think I'm going to drop it all in my PCP's lap. After all the cardiologist gave such wonderful instructions for lowering my blood pressure.

I got serious about dieting and downloaded a calorie tracker. And I'm confused as :censored:. Calories are energy, right? So you take in food to get energy, and you spend that energy on doing stuff, right? If you do nothing, you aren't burning energy so you aren't losing calories, right?

I set it to an average diet of 1368 calories (the middle of the choices). So to maintain my weight I need to burn 1368 calories a day, and to lose weight I have to either burn more or eat less, right? Yesterday's tracker ended with me being allowed to eat 2568 calories more than the 1108 I actually consumed. Today (less hours at work) I can eat 1830 more calories than the 1377 I consumed. Huh?

It's almost like it's taking the exercise calories and throwing those on top of the allowed amount. But that doesn't make sense. If I sat all day not really moving, there would virtually be no calorie expenditure at all. I'm not moving. So I would have to exercise enough to burn off whatever I ate. It's not like breathing burns calories. I only expended (according to it) 1839 calories today so to me that means I have less than 500 calories I can eat, not 1830.

Can someone who knows about this diet stuff explain the discrepancy in really simple English?

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well yesterday was interesting to say the least. More bad news. From work. The salary people lost their severance package if they get laid off. So now watch the mass exodus of people. Disgusting. How much money are these animals stealing from the business coffers?! my group has to take care of an issue this week. It is going to get interesting to say the least. The good news is the other big companies around us are hiring. My resume building will begin very soon. I am not expecting anything from these animals. The same people who got us into this mess now ask us to trust them. Yeah I would trust a bear before we trust you people EVER again!
:clover: and :redheartpump:. :hugs:

They said they would call to set up an appointment if he decided he needed to follow up. As of today no call yet. I think I'm going to drop it all in my PCP's lap. After all the cardiologist gave such wonderful instructions for lowering my blood pressure.

I got serious about dieting and downloaded a calorie tracker. And I'm confused as :censored:. Calories are energy, right? So you take in food to get energy, and you spend that energy on doing stuff, right? If you do nothing, you aren't burning energy so you aren't losing calories, right?

I set it to an average diet of 1368 calories (the middle of the choices). So to maintain my weight I need to burn 1368 calories a day, and to lose weight I have to either burn more or eat less, right? Yesterday's tracker ended with me being allowed to eat 2568 calories more than the 1108 I actually consumed. Today (less hours at work) I can eat 1830 more calories than the 1377 I consumed. Huh?

It's almost like it's taking the exercise calories and throwing those on top of the allowed amount. But that doesn't make sense. If I sat all day not really moving, there would virtually be no calorie expenditure at all. I'm not moving. So I would have to exercise enough to burn off whatever I ate. It's not like breathing burns calories. I only expended (according to it) 1839 calories today so to me that means I have less than 500 calories I can eat, not 1830.

Can someone who knows about this diet stuff explain the discrepancy in really simple English?
I tried to diet once, in high school (when I got so sick), and it just ended up making everything worse. I finally decided that, ignoring high-sugar/salt/fat cravings, my body knew what it needed, even if I didn't. Good luck! :clover:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my training starts next payweek (which starts tomorrow) for the new position which is a whole quarter of an hour more! :rolleyes2: (Seriously; I do not get paid enough for this.) As to how my manager worked the schedule when I'm on the one shift that is totally solo--I'll be working ten hours on all three (oh, :please: let there only be three of them) training days. The good news is that I'm only working four days this upcoming payweek--the bad news is that most of them are ten hour shifts. :doh: Still--there's a (small) chance that I'll actually come in under forty hours (for the first time in months), because I'll be working with the manager for the last two hours of my lead clerk training. I should be excited about getting a promotion, but all I can think of is how much :sleep: and :sleep2: I'm going to need when I get off those days. (Not to mention all the other little issues!) Still. Even if the raise is only a quarter more, it should help. I think.

On the bright side, one of my customers gave me a free box full of cat treats last night! :)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting findings in my work. Last night people stood together and we won this part. Still long way to go.

Jon took my picture last night because Bee Kitty was sleeping upside down on my chest...and I looked hilarious.

I am hopeful that there will be a resolution at work. If not I have other places to put in bids and see what happens.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

You are expending energy when just sitting still - it takes energy for your body to operate. That's called your Resting Energy Expenditure and for women can be determined by multiplying your body weight by 10. For example, if you weigh 130 pounds, you'll use up 1300 pounds just by sitting still. If your intake is 1368, that means you took in an extra 68 calories but anything physical that you do burns up those calories so if you're exercising, you should have a net loss.

The formula above is a very general guideline since as you age, your Resting Energy Expenditure goes down, although I don't know the formula.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are expending energy when just sitting still - it takes energy for your body to operate. That's called your Resting Energy Expenditure and for women can be determined by multiplying your body weight by 10. For example, if you weigh 130 pounds, you'll use up 1300 pounds just by sitting still. If your intake is 1368, that means you took in an extra 68 calories but anything physical that you do burns up those calories so if you're exercising, you should have a net loss.

The formula above is a very general guideline since as you age, your Resting Energy Expenditure goes down, although I don't know the formula.
Exactly this. You do burn calories by breathing, digesting foods, and much more. When I run two miles in the morning, I burn 250 calories. The rest of the day I sit at a desk. I still get to eat more calories than that.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
So wow, despite the fact that I really hurt I'm just a really big wimp.

I got the MRI report today. No rotator cuff tear. The tendons are completely fine, so I guess that means no tendonitis. A teeny bit of fluid in the bursa sac, so I guess that means a very mild case of bursitis. The MRI picked up an abnormality that the doctor who read it says is a partially healed broken bone, but my doctor started by taking x-rays and there was nothing wrong with my bones. I guess that's an abnormality that is normal for me, I really seem to be racking up the false positives.

I almost didn't even bother with a follow-up appointment with my doctor. But I do really hurt so I guess I've got a nasty pulled muscle in there and maybe he can suggest something.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes a MRI cannot show everything. I had a lot of shoulder issues, with constant pain, and pulling..
My MRI only gave a possible suggestion of a cartilage tear, a minor bursitis and minor tendonitis, and a bone spur.. The tear was in the 'could be, could not be' territory.

I ended up having a small, but painful, cartilage tear, chronic bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, bone spur.

I suggest you keep up with the orthopedic doctor for a treatment plan..

I will say that ICE was and still is my best friend.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well heard bad news about work related "Stuff". Now I have to decide if the new conditions are enough to make me seek employment elsewhere...or roll over.

I messed around with welding yesterday. I still have more practicing to do but I could actually run a bead without blowing up the machine. I just need to get into the swing of it. I have found several LARGE companies are seeking workers. I just don't want to leave my job. It's kind of boring but you know I like the people I work with. I just don't like the changes that corporate is pushing. There's other companies who treat people much better. Then I forgot that I used to be a store manager for a year. Maybe I can seek out that position...there's so much on my mind...just scared for my future...and loosing the vacation time really ticks me off. BUT I have to make a decision May 1 on whether to stay or leave.

I have a few people in my networking group that are helping me with contacts and just give me support wherever I decide to move on to. I never expected to leave here. Guess I should have seen it coming. Removing Severance pay for salary people is a real low blow in my opinion. Guess I need to shut up too. Sorry. So MAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.