The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MAX is still angry with me for spanking his fuzzbutt for sneaking outside last weekend! Talk about hold a grudge, he takes after my mother, SHE NEVER FORGETS, EVER!!!
MY little boy will not even sit on or near me as long as I'm awake. When I am asleep he is a snugglebug though....

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
MAX is still angry with me for spanking his fuzzbutt for sneaking outside last weekend! Talk about hold a grudge, he takes after my mother, SHE NEVER FORGETS, EVER!!!
MY little boy will not even sit on or near me as long as I'm awake. When I am asleep he is a snugglebug though....
Did you really spank a cat? Never physically punish a cat, they don't take kindly to that, they think you are now the enemy who hurts them. Good luck on gaining his trust again.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A lot of cats do hate belly rubs. Allowing it goes against instinct. It takes a really tight bond between cat and human to get the opportunity.
Leroy lets me poke and prod him wherever I want. He's not too keen on the vet doing the same but tolerates it it. Emma is definitely a "no touchng my belly or I'll claw you" cat:devilcat2:.

I have a second interview tomorrow and have no idea what to wear. I'll be asked to demonstrate some skills and it can be a little messy so I don't want to wear "good" clothes. But I also don't want to dress like I would at work (in scrubs) or wear old jeans and a shirt. I imagine I would be provided a lab coat to wear :think:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leroy lets me poke and prod him wherever I want. He's not too keen on the vet doing the same but tolerates it it. Emma is definitely a "no touchng my belly or I'll claw you" cat:devilcat2:.

I have a second interview tomorrow and have no idea what to wear. I'll be asked to demonstrate some skills and it can be a little messy so I don't want to wear "good" clothes. But I also don't want to dress like I would at work (in scrubs) or wear old jeans and a shirt. I imagine I would be provided a lab coat to wear :think:
Dress professional. A pants suite and nice shoes or a dress/skirt and heels. Please do not wear jeans.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They kinda make you wonder why people think cats hate belly rubs. Marcy would never allow it, but she's less lovey in general. And that might change when she gets older.
A lot of cats do hate belly rubs. Allowing it goes against instinct. It takes a really tight bond between cat and human to get the opportunity.
You took the words out of my mouth.

This has been a weird December when each morning temps when I leave for work are in the 30's, so I dress like Nanook of the North and when I leave for the day, it is almost 80s and I look ridiculous! I bet people think I'm homeless and am wearing everything I own!!!!! Did I mention, I'm so happy I have air conditioning in my car........
Somehow I find that last sentence to be very believable!

Not sure what happened to my previous posting but it didn't show up.
Actually, it did. Sometimes they don't show up on the poster's screen immediately; I don't know why. This problem seems to have arisen since the site change.

Translation: "You're not out of the doghouse yet, but I love you."

Dress professional. A pants suite and nice shoes or a dress/skirt and heels. Please do not wear jeans.
However, you may want to take jeans along so you can change to the to do the dirty work. You don't want them to think that you're a slob, or unprofessional, but you also don't want them to think that you're too stupid to keep your good clothes looking nice.

Margret

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mickey loved belly rubs from day 1 and he was found on the street. I guess he's just extra trusting. Connor and Murphy came to like them after they got some of the kitten out of their systems and could hold still long enough to receive them. They were about 3 months old when they left their mama and came to us. I've always had a way with cats, though. I've never found one that didn't eventually love me.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ended up wearing my good clothes. I did wear sneakers because it was cold and icy out but switched to dress shoes in the lobby (the bathrooms off the lobby are apparently kept locked). I got a lab coat to wear so I didn't get messy at all. I think I did ok with demonstrations. I had a little difficulty with one thing but it's been years since I've had to do it. The staff were busy working intensely so I didn't get a chance to talk to any of them.

The manager said there are two other candidates for the position. One still has to do a demonstration next week. So I won't hear back until then at least. I know the manger said they're really short staffed so one would think there would be more than one position available :think: Maybe their budget only allows for the one position and unpaid interns, as they are available from the local college, fill in as many of the gaps as possible

I probably have somethng that trumps the other candidates: I live nearby so I can easily get to work for any early morning stuff or emergencies as they happen. I haven't written a thank you note for today's interview yet but I plan to include my living nearby as a potential plus for the company. Not quit sure how to word that :think:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Just catching up-how is everyone? This morning it was 2°F at my house and 0°F on the hill I drive up and down to get to the highway...needless to say I didn't ride my bike this week=but those pants I purchased on Walmarts site are the warmest thinnest material I have owned..glad I purchased 12 pairs-they are sold out in most colors..except grey and red. I have some in grey in a smaller size for when I need them. I always buy a ton of things in a particular style/size if I find something I really like-cause you know each season is the only time they have that particular style available then it's gone.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't written a thank you note for today's interview yet but I plan to include my living nearby as a potential plus for the company. Not quit sure how to word that
"Thank you so much...blah blah blah...I am very pleased that a company I respect so highly is also so very convenient to my home, which would allow me to get there on a moment's notice." Just a thought.

I am supposed to be doing something, and can't remember what it was. It will come to me.

Suzanne came over last night. We popped popcorn and watched "White Christmas," which is our little traditions. With my family so far away, and not having time off to allow holiday travel, it's so good to have a friend with whom to build those little traditions that mean so much! It really feels like Christmas to me now!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I took the time, this afternoon, to watch the original black and white, DVD version
of: The Bishop's Wife... Cary Grant, Loretta Young, David Nivens... a Christmas tradition.

I intend to make time this week-end and during the week to continue watching my Christmas DVD'ds... It is not Christmas without them...

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well tonight SNOOP DOG aka Snoopy is coming over to visit THE CATS! Please keep in mind that the dog only knows chihuahuas which are much too fat to be a cat!! And MAX just thinks chihuahuas are homely "creatures" and are not svelt and limber like he and MOUSE are!! And dogs make different noises than cats....MAX is very smart now the test will be the NEW KID ON THE BLOCK! LOL!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you really spank a cat? Never physically punish a cat, they don't take kindly to that, they think you are now the enemy who hurts them. Good luck on gaining his trust again.
I agree. Cats should not be physically punished. I also agree that it's going to take time and a lot of work to regain that cat's trust.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My job interview went well. They're going to run a background check and call references, but they've conditionally offered me the job. Now I just have to decide if this is something that I want to do. Going in today and getting to play with all of the dogs is a lot of fun. I sent an email thanking them and asking a couple more questions about the position.

Also I have never given two weeks notice at a job before (having had the same job since I graduated college). How do I do this?

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up wearing my good clothes. I did wear sneakers because it was cold and icy out but switched to dress shoes in the lobby (the bathrooms off the lobby are apparently kept locked). I got a lab coat to wear so I didn't get messy at all. I think I did ok with demonstrations. I had a little difficulty with one thing but it's been years since I've had to do it. The staff were busy working intensely so I didn't get a chance to talk to any of them.

The manager said there are two other candidates for the position. One still has to do a demonstration next week. So I won't hear back until then at least. I know the manger said they're really short staffed so one would think there would be more than one position available :think: Maybe their budget only allows for the one position and unpaid interns, as they are available from the local college, fill in as many of the gaps as possible

I probably have somethng that trumps the other candidates: I live nearby so I can easily get to work for any early morning stuff or emergencies as they happen. I haven't written a thank you note for today's interview yet but I plan to include my living nearby as a potential plus for the company. Not quit sure how to word that :think:
:goodluck:

Just catching up-how is everyone? This morning it was 2°F at my house and 0°F on the hill I drive up and down to get to the highway...needless to say I didn't ride my bike this week=but those pants I purchased on Walmarts site are the warmest thinnest material I have owned..glad I purchased 12 pairs-they are sold out in most colors..except grey and red. I have some in grey in a smaller size for when I need them. I always buy a ton of things in a particular style/size if I find something I really like-cause you know each season is the only time they have that particular style available then it's gone.
The last time I tried to get warm clothes from Wal-Mart I was looking for thermal undershirts--and they had these thin, black shirts available. I thought, oh, these must be warmer than they look. Nope. Not at all. They insulate nothing. (The insulated shirts I have now were not only gotten at another company, but were made for men.) Congrats on finding something that is actually warm! :) Oh, and :welcomeback2:

"Thank you so much...blah blah blah...I am very pleased that a company I respect so highly is also so very convenient to my home, which would allow me to get there on a moment's notice." Just a thought.

I am supposed to be doing something, and can't remember what it was. It will come to me.

Suzanne came over last night. We popped popcorn and watched "White Christmas," which is our little traditions. With my family so far away, and not having time off to allow holiday travel, it's so good to have a friend with whom to build those little traditions that mean so much! It really feels like Christmas to me now!

Well tonight SNOOP DOG aka Snoopy is coming over to visit THE CATS! Please keep in mind that the dog only knows chihuahuas which are much too fat to be a cat!! And MAX just thinks chihuahuas are homely "creatures" and are not svelt and limber like he and MOUSE are!! And dogs make different noises than cats....MAX is very smart now the test will be the NEW KID ON THE BLOCK! LOL!!
:crossfingers:

My job interview went well. They're going to run a background check and call references, but they've conditionally offered me the job. Now I just have to decide if this is something that I want to do. Going in today and getting to play with all of the dogs is a lot of fun. I sent an email thanking them and asking a couple more questions about the position.

Also I have never given two weeks notice at a job before (having had the same job since I graduated college). How do I do this?
How to Quit a Job | How to Give Two Weeks' Notice | The Art of Manliness

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we sort of finally have heat again. (One of AWM's friends allowed her the use of a storage space--for the winter--so we now have enough room to use the fireplace, but the actual unit is still broken.) This morning, after getting home from work, I sighed and thanked AWM for having the house so warm--and she gave me a hard look because she had just started the fire and it was less than fifty inside the house. However, it was colder at work and colder outside. Colder at work? Tally, how is that possible? Remember how I mentioned that they turn off the heat in the middle of the night? Well, last night they never turned it back on again. (The other lead, who took the store over from me, was on the phone with maintenance as soon as she realized the heat wasn't on.) AWM told me I should threaten to quit unless they stop turning the heat off.

Status
Not open for further replies.