The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was listening to coast to coast last night. They had on a guy who wrote a book called Treknologies.
He was talking about all the Star Trek stuff and how we are either getting it or that we already have this stuff. Did you know, that the Motorola flip phone was based on the communicators in the show. He also talked about warp drive and how it's almost possible, we just haven't found the anti-matter for it. We also have a medical tricorder that is still in experimental stages.
I need to get this book and read it. It was so interesting.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Sharing? What is that? MINE! These are all mine!"

:redheartpump::flail:

Pumps still feels crappy...I have been using drops/ointment in her eye-got to go to tractor supply and try terramycin. They said its ok-my vet. they are going to check with the vet who examined her last week...but he leaves for vacation tomorrow after surgery...GRRRR. so hopefully they will prescribe some antibiotics or other cream? She's got a URI and didnt' get her dental last week due to wheezing...at least this vet is willing to help. They were ok with not having to bring her in since he examined her Last Tuesday. X rays and convenia shot. They didn't charge me for the shot or tell me she got it until I emailed them on Thursday letting them know she's got eye boogers and looks puffy- I didn't start the ointment 3 times a day until late Saturday. I was giving it every morning-not paying attention.

We already give her 3 to 6 meds a day=so I give myself a tiny break. She's taking Flovent inhaled meds without too much fuss. Hoping it helps her lung bronchitis. The pred seems to help her walking-she's still poking around out in the back yard every day and eats all her tuna every morning. Lysine too- so much to remember!
:alright::grouphug: We're all rooting for you!

Toad's visit to the shelter ended up being uneventful. She was a little annoyed that her breakfast was later than usual, but other than that she just chilled out while I worked, and then got her shots. She's happy to be back home, but didn't seem upset by the whole thing at all. :)
:woohoo:

Holy (bleep)! I just saw the news. 130 million years ago on my birthday two neutron stars collided - and we saw it on my birthday this year!!!! Lots of confirmations of existing theories, a few new facts, a new way to directly measure the expansion of the universe, and the question of what was left after they collided (a bigger neutron star or a black hole)....and it was on my birthday!!!! Talk about the universe giving me a big surprise party!

Edit: Yeah I know the stars didn't collide on August 17th, 129,997,983 BC. But they said 130 million years, not 130 million 2 years, 4 months and 13 days. So I'm claiming it.
:woo: Complain away!

Egads--I ended up closing my eyes for a minute last night and ended up sleeping for almost five hours, then later went to bed to sleep for almost sixteen. I didn't realize I was getting that tired and worn out. Good news though--I've been typing in Magic School and Egg again and hope to have enough to post an excerpt soon! :rbheart:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I couldn't find the terrymycin at tractor supply. in fact the guy who is the manager was quite rude. I asked the girl at register if she can look it up and it says they have 2 on the shelf. So I said it must be out back. She said no but I can't leave and I said who can I speak to? She says some guy over there. So I repeat and he gets rude says we can order but it takes 14 days. I said I don't understand why you guys don't stock 10 tubes. He just looks at me like I am annoying him. I said the computer says you have 2 in stock.That's probably why you never have any. I said I am always looking for it but you never have it in stock. I said you need to change the inventory otherwise it will never reorder..I should have said I bet someone shoplifted it. Otherwise why would it say 2 on the shelf?!!
I should call the corporate office but most of those people are drones too so I won't waste my time. Good thing I got some off Amazon. This is why stores are closing. When we need products and stores refuse to stock it then why would I waste my time shopping there? Too bad my cats need the food they stock. I think the guy they sent me to had a bad day-I would cringe if this is how all employees acted like him. He should have said-you are correct-I am sorry for this inconvenience. I said what if I paid online to pick up in store? I would have been out $16 that you guys stole from me!! Why are people such morons?!?!!

Last night I used both eye meds on her-2 hours apart each=this morning looks much better. I didn't have time to do both meds again-but got drops in her eyes. her eye boogers were less. her nose wasn't running either...I will do the same tonight and every night for a week. I also boosted the lysine=I think that's helping too.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't find the terrymycin at tractor supply. in fact the guy who is the manager was quite rude. I asked the girl at register if she can look it up and it says they have 2 on the shelf. So I said it must be out back. She said no but I can't leave and I said who can I speak to? She says some guy over there. So I repeat and he gets rude says we can order but it takes 14 days. I said I don't understand why you guys don't stock 10 tubes. He just looks at me like I am annoying him. I said the computer says you have 2 in stock.That's probably why you never have any. I said I am always looking for it but you never have it in stock. I said you need to change the inventory otherwise it will never reorder..I should have said I bet someone shoplifted it. Otherwise why would it say 2 on the shelf?!!
I should call the corporate office but most of those people are drones too so I won't waste my time. Good thing I got some off Amazon. This is why stores are closing. When we need products and stores refuse to stock it then why would I waste my time shopping there? Too bad my cats need the food they stock. I think the guy they sent me to had a bad day-I would cringe if this is how all employees acted like him. He should have said-you are correct-I am sorry for this inconvenience. I said what if I paid online to pick up in store? I would have been out $16 that you guys stole from me!! Why are people such morons?!?!!

Last night I used both eye meds on her-2 hours apart each=this morning looks much better. I didn't have time to do both meds again-but got drops in her eyes. her eye boogers were less. her nose wasn't running either...I will do the same tonight and every night for a week. I also boosted the lysine=I think that's helping too.
:alright: I hope today is better for you.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And now--for a little more in Magic School and Egg. :)

Ban'cha rolled his eyes. “That sounds like Rhyssa.”

“It sounds like you know Rhyssa,” commented Odandi casually as she daintily scooped some of her eggs with her fork.

Ban'cha shrugged, but Yarey could see that he was uncomfortable. “He knows my mom,” he said.

Yarey decided to change the subject. “So, where is the red boulder? I didn't see one yesterday, and he spoke like it's easy to find.”

“That's because everyone wonders why we have a red boulder next to the fish pond,” Shysera explained.

“Fish pond?” asked Anba with puzzlement.

“We do grow some of our own food,” said Shysera wryly. “If you become students, you'll learn about all about it.”

Yarey looked down at the make-shift sling on her chest, where her egg was. There it was again—the warning that they might not become students. Not becoming a student could be much worse than simply going home in disgrace; it could be fatal—and everyone was aware of it. They accepted it, and it colored everything they said or did. That felt—wrong, somehow, although she couldn't put her finger on why.

“Yarey?” asked Ban'cha. She looked up to see he was concerned, and frowning. “Are you all right?”

“You're probably exhausted,” Anba said. “Why don't you go take a nap after you've spoken with Rhyssa?”

Yarey smiled weakly at her friends. “I'll think about it,” she said as she picked at her food. To her surprise the eggs were all gone and Ban'cha scooped some off Shysera's plate to put on Yarey's.

“Hey!” protested the student.

Ban'cha rolled his eyes. “It's not like you're still hungry, and she doesn't like the bread,” said Ban'cha. He turned to Yarey. “Eat,” he ordered firmly. “A good breakfast can make any day seem better.”

There was a surprising note of bitterness in his voice. Should she address it? Better to simply pretend she hadn't noticed. “If you say so,” she said with a smile as she ate the eggs. Most cooked eggs, when cold (except for hard-boiled eggs), weren't very good. These were. The cold made the cheese crystallize slightly, and it was very tasty.

“So,” said Odandi once Yarey was eating again, “where's the fish pond?”

“It's at the back of campus,” said Shysera. Oskald, whom Yarey hadn't noticed before, yawned and stretched from around Shysera's neck. Shysera grinned at him. “Good morning, sleepy-head,” she said fondly.

Oskald sniffed. “Mornings are a barbaric ritual that you humans insist on going through for reasons that I, for one, never intend to understand.”

“I didn't even know he was there,” said Odandi as she stared at Oskald with awe.

Yarey was glad that she wasn't the only one who hadn't noticed him. It made her feel slightly better, and she watched as Shysera picked food up from her plate to feed her soulling. “How did you know what to feed him?” she asked. Suddenly she was the table's center of attention, and she flushed. “I mean,” she clarified, “when he hatched, how did you know what he could and couldn't eat?”

“I didn't,” said Shysera calmly as Oskald dropped to her lap, pulled himself onto the table, and began to feed himself from the plate. Shysera met Yarey's eyes as she explained, “None of us do. The first week you spend with your soulling you're learning all of that; what they can and can't eat, what they can and can't drink, whether you can take it to the garden for the inevitable result of all that eating and drinking, or whether you have to get a specially spelled pot because the soulling's messes will eat right through anything living and poison the drinking water.”

Odandi blinked in surprise. “That sounds—very specific,” she said slowly.

Shysera chuckled. “That's because it is,” she told the girl. “One of my roommates for my exam had that exact problem. She actually,” the student added with a grin, “poisoned most of the campus by accident, because the poisons from her soulling's waste ended up in the drinking water.”

“Is she a student here?” asked Yarey with wide eyes.

Shysera nodded. “She most certainly is. It's not like they killed anyone, after all.” Shysera looked pointedly at Yarey's plate. “If you're finished with breakfast,” she told the girl, “it might be a good idea if you get yourself down to Rhyssa's.”

“Right,” said Yarey as she grabbed her tray and stood up. “Which way do I go?” she asked.

“Just follow the path right outside. You'll get there.”

“Don't stray from the path,” advised Oskald. “The advanced magic class is practicing today, and the paths don't change.”

“Does that mean the rest of the campus does?” asked Odandi.

“Not the buildings,” said Shysera as Yarey made her way to return her tray.

Yarey kept one hand securing the egg as she walked down the path. She was afraid of failing. She couldn't help but be worried by the multiple colors on her egg—no one else had that. Then again, only the majority of the soullings she'd seen were single-colored. There were still some, like the Headmaster's that were multiple colors. She was happy that her egg wasn't the same colors of his soulling, but she was still nervous. Something about the colors made her uneasy, and she didn't know why.

She was also worried about Ueni. She knew, without being able to explain how, that what she'd seen was the truth. Ueni was in trouble—and there was no doubt about it. There was that strange man in the—the whatever-it-was that Yarey had experienced. She also had no doubt that the man was trouble, and dangerous. She was certain that the man was going to mean danger, specifically for her, one day—and she didn't know how she knew that either.

Somehow she knew these things without knowing how she knew them—and it was terrifying. Everything else she knew, she understood why and how she knew it, and how she'd learned it. Things were changing that she hadn't expected, and she found it frightening.

She looked up after being absorbed in her thoughts to see a giant red rock next to a relatively large pond. She supposed the pond was the fish pond that Shysera had mentioned earlier. The rock itself was huge, dominated this part of the landscape, and was unmistakable.

Still, Rhyssa had said that he'd be in the rock—how did that work? He didn't appear to have door in it. She stepped off the path and circled the boulder to find a way in. It appeared to be solid rock. She reached out and tapped a section—and it felt like rock. It sounded like solid rock when she tapped it. Just as she was wondering if perhaps she'd been caught in some kind of joke, a door appeared and opened right next to where she'd tapped.

Rhyssa stood inside the door and looked out past her. “Most people knock on the side closest to the path,” he said calmly. “Please, come in.” He stepped aside and she, a little warily, followed the order.

The inside was brightly lit. In addition to the glow sand walls there were large crystals hanging from the ceiling producing a clear, bright light. She wasn't certain, but she thought there might have been a slight hint of blue in it.

“Those are sun crystals,” said Rhyssa. “According to Zachi they work along the same principle as the glow sand in the walls, and as long as they're not magical lighting I don't care.”

“Were you also in the war against the Drar?” asked Yarey as she looked around. There appeared to be several desks, complete with chairs, and odd chairs that looked like oversized footstools in front of them. She'd never seen a chair without a back before, but she supposed that there were some fairy races that had tails and traditional chairs wouldn't be comfortable for them.

“Hmm. Yes. Your uncle and father were as well, I believe? I heard your father never returned, and I am sorry to hear that.”

He didn't sound sorry, as if it grieved him, but sorry, as if it had once been something to grieve over. Yarey looked at him. “Did you know my father?” she asked him.

Rhyssa's features contorted into a grimace. “I wouldn't know,” he told her. “Humans all tend to look the same to me. The healers back home say it's a result of a head wound I took in the war.” Rhyssa shook himself all over in a manner similar to the animals back on the estate when they were wet. “Well, please follow me,” he said leading her past the desks and stools towards the back.

In the back was a large desk that was just at the right height for a comfortable chair for Rhyssa. The desk itself was wider than any of the other desks, and appeared to have different slots built into it that he seemed to be using to sort his paperwork.

Rhyssa sat at the desk and gestured with a hand towards the stool in front of the desk as he reached for some of the papers. “Don't be nervous,” he said, “I just have a few questions about what happened last night.”

Yarey nervously sat on the stool. It was low enough that when she sat her knees were slightly above her waist. It was not a comfortable seat for her. “With Ueni?” she asked nervously.

“No need to be nervous,” Rhyssa assured her. “This is just to help clarify some issues.” He looked at the paper. “Now, Rarta said you had a vision?”

Yarey blinked, confused. Had she had a vision? Was that what had happened to her called? If it had a name, then she couldn't have been the first one.

Rhyssa looked up at her from his paperwork. “You were minding your own business when her hands wrapped around your throat,” he prompted.

Yarey swallowed and described everything she had seen, and how it had made her feel. Especially the man that had never aged.

Rhyssa frowned. “Is it normal for humans to use their offspring for gain?” he asked.

“I don't think so,” said Yarey. She knew it wasn't on the estate, but she didn't know about the rest of the world. She shook her head. “That's not the important part,” she insisted. “The important thing is the man. He's dangerous!”

“Well, you were watching the whole thing from Ueni's point of view, were you not?” asked Rhyssa. “It would make sense that she wouldn't notice him aging and only remembered as she saw him the last time.”

“Her parents aged,” protested Yarey. “The house changed. The man did not.”

“It is concerning that someone with such clear wealth is so determined to ruin the life of a young woman,” said Rhyssa. “However, I stay out of politics as much as possible, so I will give this information to Zachi to deal with.” He looked at the potential student in front of him and quickly moved to reassure her. “It's probably nothing more than someone trying to do some social climbing at court. Humans at that level seem to be especially vicious.”

Yarey didn't think that was it. The answer felt wrong somehow, in a way she simply couldn't articulate clearly. “I—guess,” she said timidly.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My day was fine until I had to deal with the idiot in the store who looked at me like I had two heads. I guess they don't care to up their sales...gonna poke around on their website and see if I can send an email. I don't want to see anyone get in trouble but if they don't stock items they can't make any money. Don't know how hard that is to understand? As someone who has been selling items since I was 19 it's all in stocking what people WANT. not what you THINK they need.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My day was fine until I had to deal with the idiot in the store who looked at me like I had two heads. I guess they don't care to up their sales...gonna poke around on their website and see if I can send an email. I don't want to see anyone get in trouble but if they don't stock items they can't make any money. Don't know how hard that is to understand? As someone who has been selling items since I was 19 it's all in stocking what people WANT. not what you THINK they need.
It might be a good idea to send a message to the company. Speaking as a clerk myself, the problem might be shoplifting--or it might be that someone is skimming and thought the medicine you need was a good place to start. Either way, the company should know.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little more. Not sure where I left off last.

Rhyssa nodded and made notes on the papers in front of him. “I think I'll make sure that Zachi, Rarta and Shy'entha,” he muttered. He looked up at her. “You can leave now,” he said.

Yarey got up to do that very thing—and hesitated. “Excuse me,” she said timidly. “What's going to happen to Ueni?”

“We currently have her isolated in one of the magical containment cells while we wait for her soulling to hatch,” Rhyssa said. “We're concerned that when it hatches it might be dangerous to outsiders, but at the same time we can't allow her in with the potential students. She's already failed.”

Yarey wanted to know what would happen with Ueni's soulling if both of them survived, but wasn't sure she wanted to hear the answer. “Um, won't it be worse if she's alone?” she asked.

Rhyssa looked up with a frown. “What?” he asked his purple brow ridges drawing closer together.

“Humans need people around them,” Yarey pressed. “Shouldn't there be someone with her, at least part of the day?”

“Humans are social creatures,” muttered Rhyssa as he rubbed the space between his eyes. “Yes, I'll make sure to assign one of the final year students to it.” He pinned Yarey with a look. “The person who goes to keep her company,” he said firmly, “can't be you.”

Yarey wilted a little. She felt both relieved and disappointed, but wasn't sure why. “Why not?” she asked.

“It is clear from what you have told me that, however rightfully or wrongfully, Ueni blames you for her fiancé deserting her. Having to see you every day until her soulling hatches—well, would kill any chance of her turning around before then.” Rhyssa waved a hand towards her and the wall to their left opened to show field. “Off with you. Go play, study, or whatever the potential students are doing today. Enjoy the day.”

Yarey hesitated, but obeyed. As soon as she stepped out of the room the door closed and the building looked like nothing more than an oddly shaped boulder next to a pond. Out of all the buildings that she'd seen on the estate, Rhyssa's building was the strangest one she'd seen.

She wondered where the others were, and what they were doing. She got on the path and started back towards the dormitory. She didn't think that they would be there, but it was possible that someone there would know where they were.

She reached the resting area along the path with the benches that she and the others had been sitting on yesterday. Just yesterday? It felt longer than that. She couldn't believe all the things she had seen.

Her mind flashed back to the healing building, shaped like a shoe. To the windows in the “laces” that blew in the breeze. Would she ever be able to just accept strange architecture like that? Would she ever be able to make strange architecture like that? Rarta had said that the buildings were gifts from graduates, but how did that work?

A breeze from the wrong direction shocked Yarey out of her thoughts. For a moment the colors of most of the world around her shifted to be a shade off from what they were supposed to be. The only exceptions were the path, the benches, and the building that she could see from where she was standing. Another breeze and everything returned to normal.

Yarey stared into the direction the breezes had come from with horror. What could the magic class have possibly been doing to have caused that? That shouldn't have been physically possible!

She felt uneasy. She remembered a time when she overheard Isdel talking about how the new generation of mages were less powerful than the previous one and how that worried him because he had fought in the war against the Drar. He knew how powerful those enemies were and how close the battle had been. So if her generation was less powerful, just how powerful had the previous generation been? And if it had been so close a battle last time—what would happen when the Drar returned?

“Yarey?” asked a voice. She turned to see Virik and her soulling. Kough was floating around Virik's head. The older student looked concerned. “You're not looking very well. Are you all right?”

Yarey shook her head. “Just a little tired,” she assured the older girl. “Do you know where the rest of my group is? I had to—do something.”

Virik nodded. “I understand. Well, I haven't seen them myself, but maybe they're in the lecture building. It's the one shaped like a giant, open book,” she added.

Yarey stared at her for a moment. “Are there any normal buildings here?” she asked.

Virik laughed. “I know,” she said putting a sympathetic arm around Yarey's shoulder. “It's a little overwhelming. Honestly, the most normal building on campus is the one you were in for the introduction ceremony.” She hugged the potential student for a moment. “Don't worry—by the end of the week you'll barely notice the weird designs.”

Yarey smiled. Virik was the first person that day to not mention how there was a possibility of failing the exam. She rubbed the sling where the egg was distractedly.

“Oh, now that's clever,” said Virik looking at the sling. “I don't think I've ever heard of another student doing that.”

“I got the idea from Ban'cha,” Yarey explained. “He did it first; I just copied it.”

Virik released Yarey to rub the top of her head. “And modest too. I see good things in your future.”

Yarey blinked. “Can you see the future?” she asked Virik. She had known people who could, on the estate, but she hadn't heard of anyone on campus that could. It would make sense if there were; surely such a talent wasn't confined to the estate.

“Not me,” said Virik cheerfully before waving and walking off.

Oddly, Yarey felt a little better. She smiled and went on her way. She came to a stop in front the building, and she knew it was the right one immediately. The bottom of the building looked like a platform for books to be propped up on, and the main part of the building itself looked like an old book that had been left open. The “covers” appeared to be made of leather, complete with the slight imperfections that most leather-wrapped books had in their covers. There even appeared to be writing on the “pages” of the building—it was remarkably detailed.

Yarey stared at the building. She knew that every building had some kind of defensive capability, and most of them showed it. Rhyssa's rock-like building was hiding in plain sight, the headmaster's tower was—somewhere no one really wanted to go, and even the twisted towers that the students lived in looked as though there were some hidden secret that could be used to defend them. This building though—she wasn't sure. There was something about it, unlike the other buildings on school grounds, that made her nervous, edgy. Something about it seemed almost—sentient, like it was watching her. She didn't want to go in.

Well, there was always the practice yard with the weaponsmaster. She didn't feel out of place there. Well, not nearly as much. More importantly; the practice yard didn't feel as if it was actively trying to repel her and the book building did.

She turned and headed towards the practice yard. The weaponsmaster watched her trot up to the class and nodded, as though she'd done something expected. “You said you have staff experience?” he asked. She nodded and he pointed her towards two students. “They need some. Teric! Mist!” he barked. The two drifted over.

The two of them looked almost exactly alike; they had the same hair (color and style), were the same size, and had the same build. One, who looked rebellious, had a thin scar cutting across the eyebrow and down to the cheek. The other didn't appear to be scarred at all. “Yes, Weaponsmaster?” asked the one that wasn't scarred.

“This young woman will be teaching you the very basics of staff,” said the weaponsmaster.

“She's not even a student!” protested the one with a scar.

Yarey winced. Even she knew better than to talk back to the weaponsmaster. True to his nature he turned his glare on the students. “She,” he said coldly, “is not a new student to staff fighting. You are. You will learn, or you will leave and I will tell the Headmaster why.”

The two bowed, as was proper, and then faced Yarey with irritated expressions. She looked at their staffs. She was at a loss; she'd never taught anyone before. “Okay, why don't you show me what you're doing.” The two turned and began clumsily trying to hit and block each other with the staff. “Stop!” she said. She could see why the weaponsmaster said they needed help. They did. “Have you ever used a staff before?” she asked them, pretty sure she knew the answer.

“Of course not,” said the one with the scar. “The staff is for peasants.”

Yarey looked at them. When she and her cousins had been learning the staff one of the servants had made a similar comment and the weaponsmaster. He had tartly informed them that it was important to know how to use all weapons—no matter how base. The weaponsmaster had taken the servant in front of Isdel, and Isdel had insisted that all people on his estate would know how to fight with whatever they could grab. Isdel's reaction had been frightening in its cold rage. Everyone had stayed out his way for moons.

She didn't think telling them about the incident would change their minds. “The weaponsmaster said you have to learn the staff,” she reminded them. “He must have a reason.”

The one without a scar punched the one with a scar in the shoulder. “We don't argue with the weaponsmaster,” he said. He sounded like he was quoting someone. He turned Yarey. “What should we do first?”

How was she taught? “First,” she said, “we have to stand correctly.”

“We know how to stand,” said the one with the scar cynically. “Everyone knows how to stand.”

“Standing to fight, and standing because you're about to start walking are different,” Yarey said patiently. She couldn't get upset with them for saying what she'd thought when her cousins and her first began their own training. She went over to one of the walls, grabbed a sleekly polished wooden staff, and grinned as she hefted it. She couldn't help but give it a bit of a twirl—the heavy stick was perfectly smooth and balanced.

“Are you going to spin that all day, or teach us?” demanded the boy with the scar. She turned to see that the one without a scar was watching her carefully. He wasn't glaring, or acting superior—he was watching and judging her for her actions.

Which were horrible. No matter how wonderful a weapon the staff was, she shouldn't have gotten absorbed in it when she picked it up. She walked back over to the two boys and gently used the staff to position their feet. “Placement is important,” she told them as she remembered the words of her own weaponsmaster. “Placement of your feet and placement of your hands.” She gently poked one errant foot. “Toes straight ahead,” she ordered.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might be a good idea to send a message to the company. Speaking as a clerk myself, the problem might be shoplifting--or it might be that someone is skimming and thought the medicine you need was a good place to start. Either way, the company should know.
I figured you would understand. I found their site for complaints/comments and sent them a brief issue and the conflicting computer issue. It's a small enough item someone could shop lift it. It's sad that in this day of electronics that they don't rfid all products. That would eliminate stolen goods much better. Of course then people would rip them off...so annoying!! I HATE shoplifters!!! I hate the games people play with stealing small items...it hurts the business and makes the employees have to deal with suspicious bosses because they don't know if someone is "skimming" like you said or just flat out letting their friends steal products. Also cameras in every aisle don't do any good if you don't have someone watching the screen at all times..that's another cost added on. Such an annoyance!!

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Rfid can easily be circumvented. You won't believe the number of tags I find near daily at work. Some genuinely fall off, but others are stolen items. One day I was helping ship from store look for a pair of pants, we went in circles so she pulled out some special equipment that beeps when you are near the item. Turned out the tag was stuffed in the pocket of another pair of pants. Baby items that are in regular packaging are affected as well, more than once I've picked up a box and found it was empty. Sometimes obviously opened, but a couple of the pricier items were very carefully opened and resealed and placed perfectly, I moved them to put in other merchandise or to make the shelves more attractive by pulling them forward and the box was suspiciously light. And the clothing area seems to be a favorite dumping spot for the packaging of stolen electronics items, along with more than one empty pregnancy test box.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
arouetta arouetta here's the difference in how it looks once the system processes it -

Yours looks like this - I have to add extra spaces so you can see it

[ MEDIA=facebook ]type=video[ /MEDIA ]

Mine looks like this -

[ MEDIA=facebook ]id=1803403799899091;type=video[ /MEDIA ]

However you are copying the link, you aren't getting the id# for the video.
I think part of the problem is Cats Planet shares very few outside videos and hosts most of them. I can click "so-and-so Video" on some of them, but most of the videos don't have that at the top like your screenshot showed.

I don't want to be one of those people who share every cute cat picture they see, spamming their friends' feed. Maybe I'll share to myself only, and see if I can get that "so-and-so Video" that way. And no, I won't spam you guys either.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went the the new TSC in the town my parents live in. I wanted 3 large Seresto collars for my dogs. I looked online and it said the local store had 5 in stock, and I had a coupon. Perfect! They weren't on the shelf. They had 2 small collars on the shelf but no large ones. I asked the clerk. She ran it through her computer and it said they had 5 in stock. She grabbed the floor guy and made him go look for it. He looked in all the locked cabinets, on the top shelf, etc. He tried to find the key to the locked cabinets and couldn't. Finally! they found the key and started opening the cabinets and found the collars on the top shelf of the 3rd cabinet they unlocked :doh:. A shelf you can't see from the outside. So. They probably had the terramycin somewhere! But good luck getting them to find it, lol.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Test.

Edit: While it looks horrible, I know a fall like that will only injure a cat's pride, which is why I laugh at it. Bad me.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pumps looks a bit better this morning..the runny eyes slowed down. The vet had me give her Zithromax tablets-they cut them up for her. She sneezed this morning but hopefully it will help the secondary infection..she always seems to get them..and her on pred isn't helping but she is so much more comfortable now on daily pred. She's walking better and seems to feel much better.

This morning she didn't hiss for her shot of Adequan. I may have to return the needles they sent home-I looked them up-these are 22G and the ones I used on Floey are 18cc. I found her medicine box in the back of the cabinet-had 4 needles left over from doing the daily injections. So hopefully they will allow exchange of these because the ones they sent me home seem to be huge. I only need to give .25ml of liquid. Those are 3ml syringes-not sure why they sent me home with such huge needles. Poor Pumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.