The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't realize that. I love peanut butter but it gives me real bad chest pains. So I can only eat it in things like cookies. Which means I don't buy the natural stuff.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't realize that. I love peanut butter but it gives me real bad chest pains. So I can only eat it in things like cookies. Which means I don't buy the natural stuff.
Do you know why peanut butter gives you chest pains? Natural peanut butter might work for you, if it's one of the other ingredients giving you heartburn or something. All that's in it is pureed peanuts and a bit of salt.

And I heard (but never bothered to test it myself) that if you turn natural peanut butter upside down half an hour before you want to use it, you just need to give it a couple of stirs as the oil mixes itself trying to get back to the top.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had problems with it separating again. We mix the whole jar with a mixer at the very beginning and then just give it a stir each time we use it.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I really, really, REALLY loathe fly season. With a passion. Because I go and sit on my porch several times a day, and because four or five flies get in every time the door opens, and because I can't swat worth a flip, there are probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 flies in my apartment right now. They keep getting into my iced tea, where I fish them out and set them to dry off (oh stop laughing). I have had a long talk with the flies today and carefully explained that while I am not comfortable allowing them to struggle and slowly drown in my tea, I have no issue with spraying them out of existence, and am purchasing fly spray tomorrow during my monthly shopping trip. DIE FLY!
There's a terrific fly swatter called Sergeant Swat that really works. It's fairly stiff so when it connects, it kills instantly. We use it to kill the hordes of giant red wasps that keep invading our house. We found ours in the BBQ section of Walmart.

I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to encourage a cat to chase and dispatch a fly.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had problems with it separating again. We mix the whole jar with a mixer at the very beginning and then just give it a stir each time we use it.
Is it just peanuts and salt in the ingredients? It's been a few years since I bought natural peanut butter, but those were the only ingredients then and it separated every time it was left alone for a day or two.

The one above will get revenge of a different sort.
Possibly :p

I thought the video looked odd and when I tried to do another one I realized why. Using just the link was cutting off parts of the video. I'll research a better way to link to it later.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
>big, hairy SNIP<
I should have known that. However, they may want a fasting blood glucose at the same time; it will tell them more than a naked a1C would..

Margret
I just got the funniest visual of a little naked a1C, hands crossed strategically, hiding behind a bush.

There's a terrific fly swatter called Sergeant Swat that really works. It's fairly stiff so when it connects, it kills instantly. We use it to kill the hordes of giant red wasps that keep invading our house. We found ours in the BBQ section of Walmart.

I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to encourage a cat to chase and dispatch a fly.
No encouragement is necessary. She's dispatched a good many, but they out-number her about 45-to-1.

I'd so enjoy breaking every bone in the abuser's body....I wouldn't end it

I'd let him suffer...:argh: :argh: :angryfire: :angryfire:
I am entirely with you. I would have no issue if all abusers of both animals and humans were treated exactly the same way they treat others!

Here you go :) Cute photo of a beautiful girl!

.View attachment 197001
She is just phenomenal!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am entirely with you. I would have no issue if all abusers of both animals and humans were treated exactly the same way they treat others!
I vaguely remember an old Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode where the person who did the deed had to relive the last 5 minutes of their victims death every hour. From the victims point of view.
Too bad we can't do that.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you happen to visit an animal shelter, please do not say any variation on the following: "I could never work here because I just love animals too much." "I could never work here because my heart is too big." "I could never work here because I care too much." Etc. etc.

You don't have to justify why you don't work at an animal shelter. Most people don't have that job. I promise you, I am not wondering why you don't. I will assume you care about animals unless you give me reason to think otherwise.

It gets really old to have customers bragging about how they are (by implication) so much more compassionate than me. I mean maybe they are, I don't know, but announcing it to me doesn't make anybody's day better. I don't expect praise, but maybe don't knock shelter workers down to feel better about yourself, either?

And for the record, this happens a lot.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vaguely remember an old Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode where the person who did the deed had to relive the last 5 minutes of their victims death every hour. From the victims point of view.
Too bad we can't do that.
Tamora Pierce did something similar in one of her books, Squire in the quartet Protector of the Small. And another iteration in Lady Knight. I think it's something all people wish they could do at one time or another.

If you happen to visit an animal shelter, please do not say any variation on the following: "I could never work here because I just love animals too much." "I could never work here because my heart is too big." "I could never work here because I care too much." Etc. etc.

You don't have to justify why you don't work at an animal shelter. Most people don't have that job. I promise you, I am not wondering why you don't. I will assume you care about animals unless you give me reason to think otherwise.

It gets really old to have customers bragging about how they are (by implication) so much more compassionate than me. I mean maybe they are, I don't know, but announcing it to me doesn't make anybody's day better. I don't expect praise, but maybe don't knock shelter workers down to feel better about yourself, either?

And for the record, this happens a lot.
I could never be a vet--I'm not smart enough to do the instant math for prescriptions. I know my limitations. (And honestly, I don't think they're saying they're more compassionate--I think they're saying you're braver. Everyone knows, intellectually, that sometimes you have to hurt to heal, but it takes real courage to actually practice it.)

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All right, Spot's got a wound on his ear that's bothering me, but I can't take him to the vet until Monday to get it looked at. What can I do at home (in addition to keeping the wound as clean as possible)? Can I use Neosporin on a cat? (The wound is in the middle of the ear and punctured the ear, like he got bit by something.)

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, it's okay to use Neosporin as long as you only use it for small cuts and don't leave it on for too long. The concern is that it's not meant to be ingested and Spot will probably be rubbing his ear with his paw and then licking off the sticky stuff. I've always heard that the best way to use Neosporin on cats is to apply it to the injury and then wipe most of it off after a few minutes. During those few minutes, try to prevent Spot from going to town on his ear. Poor baby.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son loaded Audacity on my computer and showed me how to use it.
I am having a blast taking my favorite songs and making 45 second ring tones for my new smart phone when I get it. Problem is, even with everyone having their own personal ring tone, I have more ringtones than I have people calling me.
I guess I'll just have to rotate my default tone every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.