The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
The doctor told Jon he didn't have to fast for the A1C test-he said it didn't matter-unless he's wrong :dunno:
The a1C is a test for your blood sugar average over the last three months. It wouldn't matter if you fasted 12 hours or if your breakfast 2 hours before the test was a double helping of strawberry shortcake with an entire bag of Hershey Kisses as a chaser, it's not going to change the 3 month average.

I am trying to rotate my images I uploaded but they won't rotate the way I save it...gonna upload via my phone..be back soon.
How I do it is open Paint, rotate the picture, resize the picture so it will fit into the upload maximum size and then resave.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have paint or any image editor on here. I tried using an online one-resaved as a new file-nope-still sideways. I have to use it from the phone which is a pain-screen too small. I know I know get bigger glasses LOL.
Do you have a Mac or a PC? Paint is bundled into the Windows operating system.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have paint or any image editor on here. I tried using an online one-resaved as a new file-nope-still sideways. I have to use it from the phone which is a pain-screen too small. I know I know get bigger glasses LOL.
I know how you feel. I am addicted to movies with subtitles and can't watch them on my phone without getting a headache. Can't read small print at all.
My cats have never had catnip. They are so crazy already that they need no help.
Years ago I had a cat who hated catnip. I got him a bag of it from the bulk herbs in the organic foods section of my store. He stuck his nose in the bag and when he was done he just sat in one spot for a few hours and drooled. After that he wouldn't go near it.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
You wouldn't need to download anything. When you open the Start menu, scroll down to Windows Accessories and Paint will be found there. The other way to find it is to open File Explorer, open your C: drive, and all the way to the right where there's a search bar, type Paint.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really, really, REALLY loathe fly season. With a passion. Because I go and sit on my porch several times a day, and because four or five flies get in every time the door opens, and because I can't swat worth a flip, there are probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 flies in my apartment right now. They keep getting into my iced tea, where I fish them out and set them to dry off (oh stop laughing). I have had a long talk with the flies today and carefully explained that while I am not comfortable allowing them to struggle and slowly drown in my tea, I have no issue with spraying them out of existence, and am purchasing fly spray tomorrow during my monthly shopping trip. DIE FLY!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am addicted to movies with subtitles and can't watch them on my phone without getting a headache. Can't read small print at all.
If you like to read your movies, you should see Amistad. Awesome movie.

I really, really, REALLY loathe fly season. With a passion. Because I go and sit on my porch several times a day, and because four or five flies get in every time the door opens,
We are having a moth problem. Good thing Samai can catch them in mid flight. MAN that cat can jump.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe it or not, a1C isn't foolproof. Shortly after my husband was diagnosed with diabetes I read a personal account from someone who was adjusting to having diabetes. He was still having too high sugar issues despite a normal a1C, and it was finally tracked down to his bad highs and bad lows being equal in onset and duration.
Oh, I know that. That's how averages work, and wild blood sugar swings will do them in. That's why, for those of us who have diabetes, a blood test kit (and the willingness to use it) is absolutely essential. But for diagnosing diabetes an a1C is the first step.

After I graduated high school DD gave me (as a grad gift) a '95, '96', '97 (different parts were different years, which made maintenance a nightmare) Oldsmobile Achieva. I had mold growing in places I had no idea could mold, a trunk that leaked for rain but not the carwash :)dunno:), and a colony of tiny ants (I think--the tiny black dots moved like ants, so I like to think that they were ants) that I couldn't kill (and I tried, believe me), and a whole host of other problems. However--never had rats set the engine on fire, not in the whole time I had the car. That's a new one.
Of course, the Car Guys would have recommended setting the car on fire to get rid of the ants. (Then they'd have come up with something more useful, but setting the car on fire was always pretty high on their list.) :evilgrin:

All right, some background might be necessary here. When I was in my senior year of high school, I was part of a play (which was amazing, because the school had no drama club), but the play was part of a competition of local schools in the area (pretty much every high school in the county were competing), and DD couldn't go. Not a problem. I rolled with it. When I had the commencement ceremony for my associates degree, DD couldn't go. Again, rolled with it. This is nothing new in the family--I just don't understand why it's bothering him now.
Ah, but this was a death, of someone you both loved. He figured you could handle success and adulation on your own; for the death of your grandmother you probably needed him. Also, he probably feels like he should have been there for his own comfort, and he couldn't. That's the kind of thing it can be hard for a macho man to admit to himself. Easier to feel guilty because he couldn't be there for you.

The orchids in the first row look like people to me. Maybe I'm just too tired.
No, they look like people to you because they really do look like people.

You want a kitten? I know people. Lots of people...
Now why do I find this so easy to believe? :lol:
:flail: (And by the way--that's a duck, not a goose.)
Thank you. I wasn't sure. :paperbag:

Try setting a timer for the dishes. It might help you not get caught again.
Good idea.

People have been talking about diets, and I've been trying to change mine to something healthier. Some time ago when AWM was at Sam's Club she picked up a huge thing of cashews with the intention of putting them in salads. (Salad tends to stay an "intention" at this house. We all--with the exception of RB--like salads, but rarely have the energy to throw one together.) Since that was the case, I started taking them to work as part of my "salty" snack (I need to have an intake of salt during work, or my deficiency starts acting up) and I noticed something: when I snack on the nuts, I eat less candy and keep going longer. All good things. However, budget is really, really tight, and cashews are kind of expensive. Is there a cheaper nut I can go with? (And no, peanuts and sunflowers will not work. I think they taste awful and work is hard enough without choking down something whose taste I can't stand.)
For salt, try some salted pistachios. $12.99 for 24 ounces of shelled pistachios at CostCo. You should be aware, however, that the other thing you're getting from the cashews is carbohydrates, which the pistachios won't be as high in.

The test is to see if you are spilling sugar and protein into your urine. I don't know why they don't do a urinary analysis like they do for our feline cats..would make sense...
Thank you.

He is correct. You do not have to fast for the a1c.
The fasting blood glucose is for something else.
:doh: I should have known that. However, they may want a fasting blood glucose at the same time; it will tell them more than a naked a1C would..

foxxycat foxxycat , Honeybee is gorgeous!

Margret

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I really, really, REALLY loathe fly season. With a passion. Because I go and sit on my porch several times a day, and because four or five flies get in every time the door opens, and because I can't swat worth a flip, there are probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 flies in my apartment right now. They keep getting into my iced tea, where I fish them out and set them to dry off (oh stop laughing). I have had a long talk with the flies today and carefully explained that while I am not comfortable allowing them to struggle and slowly drown in my tea, I have no issue with spraying them out of existence, and am purchasing fly spray tomorrow during my monthly shopping trip. DIE FLY!
I feel exactly the same way about flies. Nasty disease-carrying things. And that irritating buzzing thing they do. :mad: As much as I despise the little :censored:s I can't watch them drown either.:dunno:

If you like to read your movies, you should see Amistad. Awesome movie.

We are having a moth problem. Good thing Samai can catch them in mid flight. MAN that cat can jump.
I would really like to see Amistad sometimes. That was such an amazing story.

Jeez, I just realized that I don't have moths anymore. I wonder where they went? I know the old slam the hands together trick isn't that effective.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. Some horrible person broke into a cat shelter near where I live, stole a cat, and killed it. I cannot even imagine how horrible a person you would have to be to do this. 'Every bone looks like it's broken': Cat stolen from shelter found dead in nearby dumpster

On a different note, does anyone know a good peanut butter cookie recipe to use with natural peanut butter. I have tried a lot of recipes with my Adam's Peanut Butter, but none of them work.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a great PB cookie recipe. I didn't know that natural PB was different though.

Added: It's from the Better Homes cookbook, I tweaked it a tad.
If you would like it I can type it out for you later. Right now I have an Onsa on my chest.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
I have a great PB cookie recipe. I didn't know that natural PB was different though.

Added: It's from the Better Homes cookbook, I tweaked it a tad.
If you would like it I can type it out for you later. Right now I have an Onsa on my chest.
I ate natural peanut butter a couple of times, I don't think a standard cookie recipe would work. The oil and the solid separate just sitting there, and even after you stir it (and it has the consistency of half dried concrete) it re-separates when left alone again. It also doesn't have molasses and the other stuff making it creamy, again concrete.

I suggest Pinterest. They have recipes for everything.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 196849

Tuxedo Mask using the keyboard as a pillow this morning.
Like the Sailor Moon character?! Does he have roses too?

Oh, I know that. That's how averages work, and wild blood sugar swings will do them in. That's why, for those of us who have diabetes, a blood test kit (and the willingness to use it) is absolutely essential. But for diagnosing diabetes an a1C is the first step.

Of course, the Car Guys would have recommended setting the car on fire to get rid of the ants. (Then they'd have come up with something more useful, but setting the car on fire was always pretty high on their list.) :evilgrin:

Ah, but this was a death, of someone you both loved. He figured you could handle success and adulation on your own; for the death of your grandmother you probably needed him. Also, he probably feels like he should have been there for his own comfort, and he couldn't. That's the kind of thing it can be hard for a macho man to admit to himself. Easier to feel guilty because he couldn't be there for you.

No, they look like people to you because they really do look like people.

Now why do I find this so easy to believe? :lol:

Thank you. I wasn't sure. :paperbag:

Good idea.

For salt, try some salted pistachios. $12.99 for 24 ounces of shelled pistachios at CostCo. You should be aware, however, that the other thing you're getting from the cashews is carbohydrates, which the pistachios won't be as high in.

Thank you.

:doh: I should have known that. However, they may want a fasting blood glucose at the same time; it will tell them more than a naked a1C would..

foxxycat foxxycat , Honeybee is gorgeous!

Margret
The only reason I didn't consider setting the car on fire was because the ants didn't bite (and I had no other means of transportation).

Adulation, success, death. Point is, I got used a long time ago to DD not being there at turning points in my life. Which is fine--stuff happens and no one knows that better than I do. So--how do I help him with guilt?

:flail:

I might try that.

I feel exactly the same way about flies. Nasty disease-carrying things. And that irritating buzzing thing they do. :mad: As much as I despise the little :censored:s I can't watch them drown either.:dunno:

I would really like to see Amistad sometimes. That was such an amazing story.

Jeez, I just realized that I don't have moths anymore. I wonder where they went? I know the old slam the hands together trick isn't that effective.
One summer I was at DD's and, in the middle of my visit, the room was full of Japanese potato beetles for three days. There didn't seem to be any way for them to have gotten in, they didn't seem to be eating anything, and on the fourth day they were all gone. Still bizarre.

Ugh. Some horrible person broke into a cat shelter near where I live, stole a cat, and killed it. I cannot even imagine how horrible a person you would have to be to do this. 'Every bone looks like it's broken': Cat stolen from shelter found dead in nearby dumpster

On a different note, does anyone know a good peanut butter cookie recipe to use with natural peanut butter. I have tried a lot of recipes with my Adam's Peanut Butter, but none of them work.
That's so sad. :bawling:

Status
Not open for further replies.