The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My previous doctor knew about my anxiety and depression but he didn't want to put me onto any medication. I have a feeling he was a secret holistic doctor. He hardly gave me any medication for anything at all when I went to him when I was sick. But I will look into it. Thank you for the help, guys! :)

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The cute cat bowls/saucers I ordered online came in the mail today!

20170719_175252.jpg

Some of the reviews online had said they were too small, but I think those people fed their cats primarily dry food. Just holding them in my hand, I can tell they will hold quite a bit of wet food. And since they are much flatter than most pet bowls, they should be more comfortable for their wiskers!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
So, a long time ago, I talked about leaving my day job. Well, I gave my notice this past Monday. Starting the middle of August, I'll be focusing completely on my cat sitting business. I'm a lot nervous but even more excited. Days like today tested me a bit, but also reaffirmed that I'm doing the right thing. Even the bad parts of pet sitting make me feel like I'm doing the right thing. I had to take a kitty to be put to sleep two weeks ago, and don't even ask about today (just a very sad situation) but goodness, it never felt so right.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm dreading starting my second year of college this September. Last semester did not end on a high note. I've been bullied, used, and picked on for literally my entire life. Middle school were some of the worst years. I was left with a dark view of how people should treat other people they care about.

I thought high school would be better but I was wrong. From the very start, a girl started rumors about me and everyone believed her. Especially a girl who I considered to be my best friend. She stopped talking to me for an entire year and some months. Everyone else followed her lead except for a few people. Because of all the rumors which were obviously not true, I was left isolated and my depression and anxiety only got worse.

I spoke to the guidance counsellors at my school but they didn't do much to help me. People eventually started being friends with me again when they discovered that the rumors weren't true but it was never the same after that. I never left like I truly fit in. Then, there was one incident where a guy started being really nice to me. He was running for school president. He won the election and soon after, he pretended like he had no idea who I was. That's just some stories. I could write a whole book if I put them all together.

Anyway, I thought college would be different since I was doing what I love, art. It started out great but slowly got worse as the weeks progressed. I had a friend, a very close friend. We were almost the same in how similar we were and we shared a lot of the same values so we got along very well. But she was very depressed and stressed out so she dropped out of the program. I haven't heard from her since.

I've hardly made any friends the first semester so when the second one came around, the anxiety took over. I didn't talk to anyone and I could see them staring and talking which made my anxiety worse. I eventually became friends with those people through mutual friends but it was short lived. I never really "belonged" in their group. Most of their conversations surrounded drinking and smoking. I did go out with them once but there was too much alcohol. I felt very uncomfortable because I neither drink nor smoke and I have no interest whatsoever in doing so.

Right before the end of the second semester, I left the group chat. I had a bestfriend but she disappeared around the same time. Without explanation. She just stopped reading my messages. I felt broken.

One girl messaged me promptly and asked why I had done so (left the group chat). I told her the truth, she read my message, and never responded. I have so much fear about starting my third semester. I'm afraid it will be worse. I love the school and the professors. It's the college I dreamed about going to but the people make me nervous. I keep replying what happened over and over again in my mind. I keep thinking about whether or not I made the right choice by leaving them. The friendships just felt too forced and I have always had a fear of people leaving me whether through death or fighting.

I saw them one time after and as soon as I walked into the room, all the talking stopped. I got nothing but dirty looks. I get anxious just typing this out now. I spent most of the summer depressed and crying. I almost didn't pay my registration fee because I feared going back.

I always viewed college as my safe space where I could let go and be myself but that reality is slowing but surely fading away.

*If you read all of this. Thank you so much. It means a lot.
This is going to sound horrible, painful, and impossible to do--but trust me, once you get the knack of it, it does work, and I'm only trying to help. Change the way you think. You're going to have to do this consciously, and constantly. For example: if you see a group of people talking to themselves who fall silent when you get close to them you said you automatically imagine they're talking bad about you. When that thought crosses your mind, then think, "They were having a private conversation they didn't want anyone to overhear." (It helped me to make up scenarios for the private conversations.) Maybe the dirty looks are less because you walked into the room and more because someone outside the group did. Changing the way you think is a long, hard road (I still fail sometimes), but it does help. :grouphug:

We officially made a deal on the trailer today! We bought it for $3,000 less than the asking price! I'm glad my dad is good at making deals like this because I wouldn't have been able to get that good of a price without his help!

I made a little video of the inside of the trailer. It is pretty nice! And it is very big for a travel trailer!

Well done! :clap: Congratulations on getting such a low price for it! :rock:

I'm sorry your counselling isn't helping. Thank you for your kind words. I know I'm not alone as I've seen many drop out of the program due to their own personal issues and also mental health issues. It's sad. Almost everyone there questions why exactly they decided to join in the first place. And it's for that reason that I know that many will not return. 4 months of summer break gives one way too much time to think while having nothing else to do.

I was actually saving up money to see a psychologist but it was more expensive than I thought. I called so many places but all were too much. It's unfortunate that I have to sit here and let my mental health issues consume me just because I can't afford treatment.

The trailer looks very nice by the way. I imagined myself living in it as I watched the video. :lol:
I know there are free and low-cost options. If you are religious or don't mind receiving secular counseling from a religious counselor, some of the moderate churches offer counseling services. I believe the county health departments also either offer or put you in touch with some low-cost or no-cost options.

I read your post twice and I don't think dropping out is going to help. Basically you'd be trying to run away from you, and that never works. I also experienced extreme bullying in public school and to this day I still feel like people who are talking quietly are talking about me and that people want to hurt me or set me up for failure. My brain just twists all spoken words into the most hurtful of connotations, I don't even realize it, and that just feeds into the wanting to hurt me belief. Now that I've made all the connections I can consciously rationalize things, but it's still tough. And I'm 43, 25 years after leaving the bullying behind, that's how long the mental scars can linger.

First, you need to get the anxiety under control. It sounds like you have social anxiety, where social situations and other people are what triggers you. I definitely recommend looking into free/low-cost counseling, but beyond that see what else helps. I swear by valerian root, I know other people swear by chamomile, and there's probably other non-prescription ways to take the edge off. Note that these options can't make it all go away, if they were that strong they would be prescription medication, but it might help a tad.

Second, don't throw yourself into a huge group. It sounds like doing so in the past just set you up for failure because the anxiety and a bit of paranoia took over. Don't look at the "trendy" people that don't seem to be a good fit. You like art. What type of art? Where can you meet other people who like the same thing? But....of course there's always a but. The stereotype is that a lot of artists like drama in their lives and are emotionally touchy. I don't know if that's true, but if there is a kernel of truth to that, you might want to look at your other likes. Right now baby steps, you don't need people who will be drawn to an emotional roller-coaster.

Look for unusual interests. Geeks are pretty forgiving of social clumsiness since they tend to be socially clumsy. Cooking is another good way to meet others with similar interests. Animal lovers. Find a niche where you fit well. That way you won't end up with the wrong crowd, the crowd that practically lives in bars. Then just reach out to a few people, not a lot. With anxiety, you don't want to trigger it by doing too much too fast. Expand your circle slowly.

Good luck.
:yeah:

I don't really consider myself to be "religious". Therefore, I'd be uncomfortable with that kind of counselling. Some therapy sessions are paid through OHIP but there is a huge waiting list and I haven't found much information about it online that makes sense to me. But I'm really trying to control the anxiety. Having Daisy helps some. She's very active so she keeps me distracted for a couple hours until she falls asleep. Especially when we play fetch in the yard. Felix also loves to chase me around the house which can be fun... until he gets violent. Smokey is also a great lap cat. She'll sleep and drool on my lap for hours. I forget that sometimes when I curl up by myself. I do mostly digital art. I'll see if I can post an example.
Animals can be awesome.

Well I am steaming mad. Went to reorder honeybee's med and I can no longer get it at the price I was. It's now marked up to $130 an inhaler. some bloody company making tons of cash off of our illness. The same meds in the states are $380~! Who the H can afford that? The price used to be $60 an inhaler..now it's $130. I have to order 6 at a time due to how long it takes to get here. I will have to now order every 8 weeks since I won't be able to afford $720 at a whack. I am so sick of the pharmaceutical field racking in BIG BUCKS and don't have reasonable priced meds. There is no generic for flixotide 220 mcg. I am going to now start doing only 1 puff am/pm instead of 2 puffs am/pm. This P me OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:alright:

The cute cat bowls/saucers I ordered online came in the mail today!

View attachment 189027

Some of the reviews online had said they were too small, but I think those people fed their cats primarily dry food. Just holding them in my hand, I can tell they will hold quite a bit of wet food. And since they are much flatter than most pet bowls, they should be more comfortable for their wiskers!
Hey, where'd you get those? They look like they'd be perfect for our cats!

So, a long time ago, I talked about leaving my day job. Well, I gave my notice this past Monday. Starting the middle of August, I'll be focusing completely on my cat sitting business. I'm a lot nervous but even more excited. Days like today tested me a bit, but also reaffirmed that I'm doing the right thing. Even the bad parts of pet sitting make me feel like I'm doing the right thing. I had to take a kitty to be put to sleep two weeks ago, and don't even ask about today (just a very sad situation) but goodness, it never felt so right.
Good luck with the new job!

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tonight I'm thinking about insomnia....Because that's what I seem to have. My mind is filled with thoughts and plans on making sure the kids are prepared for the upcoming school year in less than 2 weeks, Miry's vet appointment on Monday, worrying about my son who's on vacation--even though he's 20, juggling a budget, the upcoming Christmas holidays and being a proactive Christmas shopper, brainstorming to help a friend, tomorrows tackling of housecleaning, etc ad nauseam.....

I loathe when I can't fall asleep. So here I am just posting away at almost 3am and just praying the coffee will get me through the upcoming day.:please:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I'm thinking about insomnia....Because that's what I seem to have. My mind is filled with thoughts and plans on making sure the kids are prepared for the upcoming school year in less than 2 weeks, Miry's vet appointment on Monday, worrying about my son who's on vacation--even though he's 20, juggling a budget, the upcoming Christmas holidays and being a proactive Christmas shopper, brainstorming to help a friend, tomorrows tackling of housecleaning, etc ad nauseam.....

I loathe when I can't fall asleep. So here I am just posting away at almost 3am and just praying the coffee will get me through the upcoming day.:please:
Oh, boy! Can I relate to this! It's been probably months since I've had decent sleep. I went over to my sister-in-laws the other day and she asked, "Why do you look like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders?"
And I said, "I'm tired..." Then she said, "Why are you tired? You don't do anything. You're a young person. How could you be tired?" I didn't even answer her. Didn't want to waste what little energy I had left.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! My dad drives a hard bargain sometimes so he was able to get the sellers to lower the price to a reasonable amount. :D

And I got them on Amazon:

Amazon.com : TarHong School of fish Cat Saucer : Pet Supplies
I'll have to check them out, thanks!

Whenever insomnia hits me I lie with my eyes closed. Even if I don't sleep, at least my body gets rest, and that helps, a little.

Oh, boy! Can I relate to this! It's been probably months since I've had decent sleep. I went over to my sister-in-laws the other day and she asked, "Why do you look like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders?"
And I said, "I'm tired..." Then she said, "Why are you tired? You don't do anything. You're a young person. How could you be tired?" I didn't even answer her. Didn't want to waste what little energy I had left.
I hate it when people do that--assume that your life can't have any conflict in it at all. A couple of months ago I mentioned that I've been having a bit of a rough year to a customer (I had stumbled and broken a trash bag and had to clean up the resulting mess in the parking lot) only to have him round on me about how bad his life is and how mine couldn't possibly be nearly as bad. :sigh: I know that problems can't be measured against each other, but good luck explaining that to someone who's upset that you dare claim you're going through a rough patch in your life. (I didn't go through any details; literally just said, "I'm having a rough year.")

Well, this is depressing me and I need to get a shower so I can sleep for work tonight. I hope everyone has a good day and that the people going through a rough time themselves get good news soon.:sunshine::hearthrob::sleep::sleep2:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

This is what my Gran told me, "Always leave just one dirty dish in your sink. If you can't sleep, get up, wash it, dry it, put it away, and go back to bed." It works for me, or at least, most of the time. Probably because your subconscious recognizes that you got something accomplished, and it helps to silence the rest of the stuff. Dunno. That's just what I think.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad always told me to look outside..

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
This is going to sound surprising but sometimes 500mg of Seroquel doesn't put me to sleep. What I do is directed daydreaming. I start writing movies in my head. I figure out the story as I go along, but I hear the voices and visualize the scenes, as if it were a dream. When you are focusing on that, those "must do" lists and those worries get drowned out. Even if I don't fall asleep I'm enjoying being awake.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More work crap:yelling: I'm done seriously :thud: I'm updating my resume and sending it off to a few companies. I'm tried of being picked on because I'm a complicated introvert. I was told today that people complained about me being too quiet and not approachable. :censored::censored::censored:??? The department has always had this issue with me and that is one reason why I left a little over a year ago for a position in the lab. Unfortunately I'm back in the department again and now have to deal with the same :censored::censored::censored: again. I mentioned this to my previous supervisor since she has first hand experience with how the department works and knows all the gory details of what happened at supervisor meetings during the time when I had supposed performance issues (I was a constant topic at those meetings and a lot of negative stuff was said about me) and she guesses that no one actually complained, either picking on me is just a test for the new supervisor to see how well she can discipline staff or the lab head needed someone to pick on since he can't pick on her anymore (long story).

Why is being an introvert such a horrible negative thing in the work force??? It's far better than hot headed aggressive people who bully others around, which unfortunately I have been the victim of many times.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless you are a raving atheist, look into it. The more evangelical denominations, I'd stay far away from. But the moderate denominations do secular counseling, not just religious counseling. Those denominations promote social good and part of that mindset is offering help to those who need it without cramming religion down their throats. Same reason they will help with past-due utility bills for people not in the congregation, it's promoting social good.

And if there's a strong non-Christian presence where you are at, there might be non-Christian religious gatherings that can also offer secular counseling.

St Johns Wort is scarily good. It is an SSRI. Not like them, not similar effects, it is one. It cannot be combined with another SSRI or anything else that raises serotonin levels unless you're wanting to try and kill yourself by causing Serotonin Syndrome. It's a prescription medication in Germany. Your reaction to it is going to be similar to medicines like Prozac. It's a bit milder, not for major depression, but it will do well for the mild and moderate categories. The only problem with it in the US is the same as any other herbal remedy - there is no guarantee that you are actually getting what you think you are buying. You get the advertised stuff at the advertised strength without any non-advertised additives, all you need to worry about is proper dosing and drug-drug interactions that would be a problem for all SSRIs and discontinuation syndrome when you stop it.
A good place to get reliable information on supplements is ConsumerLab.com Some of their reports are free, but to get the most benefit, you may want to join. They gather information from scientific studies, which they can quote, to determine what an herb or supplement does or does not do. They discuss interactions and cautions. Then they evaluate a large list of products for purity, strength, cost, etc. It's a good way to know what you're buying.

I would beg you to get help for your sake and for those who love you. My granddaughter committed suicide two months before her 16th birthday this last February 1. A large part of the reason was bullying. She didn't fit in because she was raised exclusively with adults and was extremely intelligent. Even in a gifted and talented school, she didn't fit in. There were other reasons, but this was a major one. She didn't tell the psychologist she'd been seeing for years, nor the psychiatrist she'd started seeing a few months before her death. Because she didn't talk about it except to hint at it to her best and only friend, no one knew of the bullying and so no one saw the suicide coming.

Bullying CAN be overcome. A large part of it is self-image and self-esteem. No one can tear you down unless you let them. If you're confident in yourself, what others say won't be important. Remember Susan Boyle, the singer from Britain's Got Talent? She looked like a dowdy little housewife until she opened her mouth and showed the world she could sing. You can be sure she was told many times she wasn't good enough or pretty enough. But she KNEW she was.

Believe it or not, a good place to start building self-esteem is Toastmasters. They're a group that promotes the ability to speak in public. You can bet a large number of their members were bullied because they were timid and didn't fit. It's tremendously empowering to learn to speak to people with poise and polish. How do I know? I didn't use Toastmasters, but I did learn to speak in public and it revolutionized my life. People listen when I speak. I have quite a few acquaintances and a small cadre of close friends. Life is a lot better because I don't worry about what people think of me. I like myself. And that's good.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My doctor had told me if I could not go back to sleep after a potty break to get out of bed, go to another room and read a really boring book. I don't have boring books, what would be the point? All it did was make me really wide awake. So I went back to bed, grabbed the book I had been reading before I had gone to sleep and eventually I would drift off to sleep. I don't read exciting stuff in bed, just something nice and easy and soothing. Just laying there in the dark did nothing but make my mind go faster and faster, from one topic to another, many times digging up stuff from long ago that I would rather forget, embarrassing stuff.
Bullying when I was young and in my culture was not overt but rather sly. Insults were not done directly but you'd hear about it in a round-about way. People moved around because the war had uprooted them so if one spoke differently because of regional dialects then that person was a someone from "someplace else" instead of a "native" although from the same country, just a different region, and was made fun of, titter titter. If one looked different, shorter or taller than the average, wore glasses or had ears that stuck out or had short curly hair when everybody else had long straight pigtails, etc. than that person would be the one that everybody looked at when somebody farted etc. I was short, had curly short hair, wore glasses from the time I was 11 and had come from a different region, so you can imagine that I got it in spades. What saved my self esteem is that I was smarter than most of them, pretty much stuck up because of my intelligence and thus a bit arrogant. I considered these nasty people to be not worthy of my attention, I preferred the library over some ignorant school children any day. So what bullying there was just rolled right off me which I'm sure made that bunch really mad but could do nothing about. I do feel for those who do not have the same attitude I did and to a great extent still do. It has helped me to survive some pretty rough patches in my life.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Chester Bennington is dead. He's the singer for the bank Linkin Park.

It's sad that someone could hurt so much. Equally sad that people can't grasp that there can be so much pain in your heart. And that, as a therapist put it, depression is like rubbing Vaseline on a pair of glasses and wearing them, it just distorts your view of the world. That you believe the world is better off without you. Why can't the normals at least say that while they can't comprehend having those feelings they can understand that those feelings are real and overpowering to those who do have them? People always act so fake, that someone's life was peaches and cream and therefore there's no reason to die, or that someone did the wrong thing by dying. Why can't they just have an intellectual understanding?

I told my daughter the band is toast, they won't be able to get a new singer and keep going. I know that some bands have gotten replacements when someone died of natural causes or accidents. But this has too many parallels to Nirvana, so yeah, I don't think it'll happen.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
More work crap:yelling: I'm done seriously :thud: I'm updating my resume and sending it off to a few companies. I'm tried of being picked on because I'm a complicated introvert. I was told today that people complained about me being too quiet and not approachable. :censored::censored::censored:??? The department has always had this issue with me and that is one reason why I left a little over a year ago for a position in the lab. Unfortunately I'm back in the department again and now have to deal with the same :censored::censored::censored: again. I mentioned this to my previous supervisor since she has first hand experience with how the department works and knows all the gory details of what happened at supervisor meetings during the time when I had supposed performance issues (I was a constant topic at those meetings and a lot of negative stuff was said about me) and she guesses that no one actually complained, either picking on me is just a test for the new supervisor to see how well she can discipline staff or the lab head needed someone to pick on since he can't pick on her anymore (long story).

Why is being an introvert such a horrible negative thing in the work force??? It's far better than hot headed aggressive people who bully others around, which unfortunately I have been the victim of many times.
Oh, I feel for you. I really do. This sounds so much like my life.. I am also a very quiet introvert. People feel that I am standoffish because I do not 'mingle'. I have always been a loner... raised as an only child, being around adults: I learned to be 'alone'.
When I tried to raise some different points at work, or think of different solutions, it was always said that I did not know what I was talking about.. if I thought something could be done better or did something out of the 'norm', I was automatically taken as a malcontent.
I was also told I was unapproachable.

Yes, this is a form of bullying.. but there is no way out of it in the workforce. You just have to move on..it is impossible to deal with or they to change.

I was the 'scapegoat', yet no one admitted that. Things were always my fault.

I honestly feel it began because I was older and had a ton more experience than others in the department. So it was a 'pack' mentality. I was 'different' so I did not fit their ideas of 'normal'. Never part of the pack.

I wish you so much luck.. and ((Hugs))

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My doctor had told me if I could not go back to sleep after a potty break to get out of bed, go to another room and read a really boring book. I don't have boring books, what would be the point? All it did was make me really wide awake. So I went back to bed, grabbed the book I had been reading before I had gone to sleep and eventually I would drift off to sleep. I don't read exciting stuff in bed, just something nice and easy and soothing. Just laying there in the dark did nothing but make my mind go faster and faster, from one topic to another, many times digging up stuff from long ago that I would rather forget, embarrassing stuff.
Bullying when I was young and in my culture was not overt but rather sly. Insults were not done directly but you'd hear about it in a round-about way. People moved around because the war had uprooted them so if one spoke differently because of regional dialects then that person was a someone from "someplace else" instead of a "native" although from the same country, just a different region, and was made fun of, titter titter. If one looked different, shorter or taller than the average, wore glasses or had ears that stuck out or had short curly hair when everybody else had long straight pigtails, etc. than that person would be the one that everybody looked at when somebody farted etc. I was short, had curly short hair, wore glasses from the time I was 11 and had come from a different region, so you can imagine that I got it in spades. What saved my self esteem is that I was smarter than most of them, pretty much stuck up because of my intelligence and thus a bit arrogant. I considered these nasty people to be not worthy of my attention, I preferred the library over some ignorant school children any day. So what bullying there was just rolled right off me which I'm sure made that bunch really mad but could do nothing about. I do feel for those who do not have the same attitude I did and to a great extent still do. It has helped me to survive some pretty rough patches in my life.
Back when I was in elementary school, when the bullying started (I've almost always been bullied), for a while there I tried to make myself fit in; I dressed like the other kids, tried to talk like the other kids, wore my hair like the other kids. After months of effort to be like the other kids one of my classmates said I'd be a nice person to know if only I was like everyone else. After that point, I just stopped caring what they thought--clearly they weren't appreciating the effort it took to be like them. For the first year of middle school, my classmates tried to bully me back into being what they thought I should be--trying to be like the rest of them. I didn't have any of it. When the other girls had long hair, mine was short. When the other girls had short hair, mine was long. (Actually, this was more of a preference thing; the girls wanted short hair in the winter and long in the summer and I preferred the other way around; more insulation against the back of my neck in winter and more breeze to keep cool in summer.) I would have been one of those moody kids dressed in black--except black was the only color I didn't like (and hence didn't wear) and the only mood I had was apathy (for the most part). So--I totally see where you're coming from.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
O. People feel that I am standoffish because I do not 'mingle'. I have always been a loner... raised as an only child, being around adults: I learned to be 'alone'.

I wonder if that's the exact issue? I don't socialize with the rest of the team? Which is hard anyways beause we're split between two buildings. Yes, there's always lunch but I don't want to trek over to the other building. And lunch is my "me" time so I can decompress. If you ask a question, I give you an answer. How can that be an issue? Do I need to explain thngs in more detail or something??? It would also help if I wasn't so frazzled and stressed out all the time. The new supervisor gave us a set schedule to follow every single day and there is absolutely no way I can do all of it without putting in at least 2 hours of OT:headshake:

There are people who are unapproachable in a different way but who are popular with the department. I avoided one person who was on my previous team as much as possible because every time I asked her a question she's rip into me in an aggressive manner and I'd always ended up crying. Yes I complained to the supervisor and HR but neither cared.

My previous supervisor "got" me and had no problem at all with me being who I am. She didn't care for cliques and drama people and playing office games to get what you want. I wish the company had not removed her from her position as a result of the fallout from the failed inspection and the lab head bullying upper management for her removal. :sigh:

Going to check work emails in a bit and then start sending off resumes.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
~creeps in, panting slightly~ Well...the monthly shopping is done, and I was able to get a few badly needed additions to my very limited wardrobe (I can literally pack everything I own other than coats and sleepwear into one suitcase). I'm in good shape for the summer months, and won't be sweltering in jeans anymore. Or having to fall back on a few well-worn skirts that are (yes, literally) circa 1969. And not shredded. Yet. The groceries are put away, the new clothes are folded, I've prowled the forums, and I think I shall now go rot my mind with television, take a bath, and fall into bed. Y'all be safe and happy till I get back, y'heah?

Status
Not open for further replies.