The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sorry about that. I have a terrible time getting the bags or boxes of litter at the pet store from the shopping basket into the trunk of my car and then from there into my rolling cart at home and then out of that onto the patio. Old age is hell
, getting weaker every year, just can't pick up those heavy items anymore. 
No need to apologize.  I'm sure I'll be ordering on-line when I'm older as well.  I just let the guys get the heavy boxes when they're around.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to buy 42-lb bags of Fresh Step at the store for $15-17 each, four at a time, and carry a dead body's worth of litter into the house. Then I had to start using Dr. Elsey's litter, which is cheaper online. I actually get the "classic" or whatever it's called - it's sold as an add-on sometimes! I get two 18-lb bags at a time. I have them on subscribe and save on Amazon!

And yes, those things are heavy as heck. Thankfully the delivery guy usually puts it inside the door since mom is there to open it. And yes, sometimes the bags leak. Oh well. I'm more concerned with Oscar tearing into the bags because he LOVES tearing into this litter (it's not even the Cat Attract!).

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I had ordered 2 boxes of 40lbs each for $24.00, too good a deal to miss and I don't have any guys (or strong gals) around to pick them up for me.
That's a heckuva deal.  I'd go for it in a heartbeat if World's Famous Cat Litter ever had a sale like that!  

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I have used World's Best for years but lately I find that it does not clump as well as it  used to but it does weigh a lot less. Then i found this big plastic can of litter in the laundry room and it's clay litter which is heavy but also clumps better. So when this Arm & Hammer thing came along I jumped on it , I still have a big bag of World's Best and will use that up, I tried mixing it with the clay litter but that does not work, the clumps just fall apart. Will see how the Arm & Hammer works out. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the Arm & Hammer litter too. . .they sent them each in a HUGE box with enough brown packing paper to fill the car, lol. The recycling corner of my storage area is looking a bit crowded. I suppose it's nice that they were boxed separately so the UPS guy didn't have to lift an 80-lb box but they could have used a smaller box! Or just slapped a label on the litter itself. They came on the same day as my Subscribe and Save order of 2 bags of kibble and 4 bags of crystal litter. Poor UPS guy!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone, you might want to check out SoPhresh litter on DrsFosterSmith.com.  Brought right to your door, shipping is free for over $19, and I order the 30# tubs, which are recyclable.  I get auto-delivery and have done so for some time, so can't tell you the price to the cent, but think it's around $11.99 per 30# tub.  It's high quality, clumping litter, low dust, and controls odor well.  If you go physically to Petco, you can refill the tubs at an even lower price.  Best deal I've found on something that really does meet all of our needs.

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do not know where to put this. I have three cats. One is feral + VERY hard to get a picture of. Well tonight is cold so I wanted to check on my Smokey. Tiger went with me. I got Cally inside looking out, Tiger looking at Cally inside, and if you look on the right there is a blue blanket. If you look at the blanket towards the bottom you will see a partial black head. That is Smokey. I tried sooo hard + that is all I got. Any suggestions.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything belongs in this thread.  It's "What's on your mind," after all.

Keep taking care of Smokey as well as possible.  Sooner or later you may find him photo-bombing the others. 
  Other than that, nope.  Cats will be cats.  They have their own priorities, and I think pictures are pretty low on the list.

Margret

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did it. I did it. I did it. I put the carport lights on. Shut all lights in house off. Put a small pile of treat on the rug in front. I snuck the door open and took a picture of Smokey. I have one from spring time and now one from now. Of course it was through the glass door so it is not clear. As soon as that picture was taken he ran into his house. lol

kittylove14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As we say in our family i got "shit on" at work today by 3 people first thing in the morning and then by two more before i exited for home an hour late. i am so to speak broken spirited. not sure i will be returning anytime soon. cried once at work and twice after, id cry more but my face hurts and i got up extra early so i just don't have the energy. i didn't wanna going to go to work today but i made a deal if god did his part with the weather i'd do my part suck it up and go in. for what. to get shit on. i'm sorry for the rant. i am just a body at work just a cog in the wheel and for the most part i am ok with that. until people shit on you and you turn around and realize hey no one here gives a damn.

Last edited:

kittylove14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Alicia88 - thanks for the turn-on to Arm & Hammer litter from Amazon, I got the two boxes within 2 days, delivery piled one on top of the other, it's so heavy that the bottom box started to buckle. I had a really hard time getting them inside, they had been left in front of my door. Big sign on the boxes "HEAVY".  The boxes are made to pour out of. No way can I do that. I will have to cut the top off and use a big measuring cup to scoop the litter out of it. But I will have litter fro quite a while.
sorry to tangent here because i hadn't read the thread all the way- but did u ever try chewy.com? they also ship auto and they have sent my litter in nice separate boxes. i have 6 liftable boxes for 6 boxes of litter piled up in my garage. i tried jet.com and the shipping packages /boxes came damaged and awkward. love chewy love it.

kittylove14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What happened
when i type it up it sounds stupid but that's the point-- people are so insensitive. something that can wait or isn't urgent seems astronomical to people. is it really worth shitting on others for. i'm going to try to remember that the next time i flip out over something little or attempt to be overbearing with people. i was treated as a vending machine and not a person.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
My diabetic kitty client isn't doing very well today :( Been throwing up and going outside the litter box (poo and pee). He's staying with his grandparents (his owner's parents), I just check his blood sugar and give insulin. It's high, but it's been high most of the time. He has a mass on his pancreas which causes it to go up and down. Poor baby. I just hope he holds out for his mama to get back home. She's not due back till Thursday though.

I think he'll be going to the vet tomorrow to get checked out, and possibly staying there a couple of days so they can make sure he gets fluids and what-not into him. He's eating, but throwing up.

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We did a home inspection on the house and everything came up mostly okay. There are a few things we'll have to ask for the sellers to fix prior to the sale.

Today we have snow. I took the cats out in their harnesses to see it. Carrot went out on the porch walked out in the snow, sat in it briefly, then walked right back to the door. Angua vanished as soon as I got her harness out, so she and I didn't go out. Ruby went out with her new harness, but looked at me like I was crazy when I took her out. 

I love your cats' names. My four FELV fosters are Esme, Nanny, Sam, and Tiffany. Their space is called Terry's room. I also have Wee Jock. Teppic originally came to us named Ramses and was a great kitty until he passed a few years ago.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your cats' names. My four FELV fosters are Esme, Nanny, Sam, and Tiffany. Their space is called Terry's room. I also have Wee Jock. Teppic originally came to us named Ramses and was a great kitty until he passed a few years ago.
That is awesome! We wanted to name Ruby, Tiffany instead. But It just didn't fit her. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  Congratulations!  Color me impressed.
As we say in our family i got "shit on" at work today by 3 people first thing in the morning and then by two more before i exited for home an hour late. i am so to speak broken spirited. not sure i will be returning anytime soon. cried once at work and twice after, id cry more but my face hurts and i got up extra early so i just don't have the energy. i didn't wanna going to go to work today but i made a deal if god did his part with the weather i'd do my part suck it up and go in. for what. to get shit on. i'm sorry for the rant. i am just a body at work just a cog in the wheel and for the most part i am ok with that. until people shit on you and you turn around and realize hey no one here gives a damn.

What happened
when i type it up it sounds stupid but that's the point-- people are so insensitive. something that can wait or isn't urgent seems astronomical to people. is it really worth shitting on others for. i'm going to try to remember that the next time i flip out over something little or attempt to be overbearing with people. i was treated as a vending machine and not a person.
  Never forget -- we love you.
My diabetic kitty client isn't doing very well today
Been throwing up and going outside the litter box (poo and pee). He's staying with his grandparents (his owner's parents), I just check his blood sugar and give insulin. It's high, but it's been high most of the time. He has a mass on his pancreas which causes it to go up and down. Poor baby. I just hope he holds out for his mama to get back home. She's not due back till Thursday though.

I think he'll be going to the vet tomorrow to get checked out, and possibly staying there a couple of days so they can make sure he gets fluids and what-not into him. He's eating, but throwing up.
Poor baby.  I hope his mama makes it back in time.

Margret

Status
Not open for further replies.