The Weight Loss Support Group

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have a dr appt tomorrow where I'll get weighed (and yelled at).
I was only four pounds over what I was last time (still way too high) but my blood work wasn't good at all. :( I really need to buckle down. I've lost a few pounds since the doctor's appointment.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
my husband said that i could order a scale to keep track of my weight but i am not sure what kind is the best to get

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hola. I am trying to lose 10% of my body weight. I have been working out 4ish times a week since November (4 nearly every week, trying to get to 5). I started IF on Jan 28 and lost 3.5# since then.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So on Sunday morning I weighed in at 196.4 (ugh). This morning I was down to 187.6. Still a long ways to go, and I haven't eaten very well lately, but I guess if you want to lose almost 9lbs in 3 days, I recommend pushing another human being out of your body.

I feel super fat and dumpy right now, and I can't exercise except for a little bit of walking, but I'm going to cut back on the insane amounts of coffee and milkshakes and tea I've allowed myself the past few days. And hopefully I'll keep trending downward.

TARTARA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I always been in my larger side of size... but i can lose weight quite easy without even trying or weighing myself... usually i figure it out on my clothes... probably i have to drop some weight again later down the road... L☻L !

Have a good one Ls and Gs !

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
My clothes are getting tighter and tighter. I don't like the way I look or feel. Going to cut some bad items out of my diet and my hubby and I might join the gym.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So on Sunday morning I weighed in at 196.4 (ugh). This morning I was down to 187.6. Still a long ways to go, and I haven't eaten very well lately, but I guess if you want to lose almost 9lbs in 3 days, I recommend pushing another human being out of your body.

I feel super fat and dumpy right now, and I can't exercise except for a little bit of walking, but I'm going to cut back on the insane amounts of coffee and milkshakes and tea I've allowed myself the past few days. And hopefully I'll keep trending downward.
Your body just went through A LOT. It's still trying to figure out what just happened. Cut yourself some slack. :hugs:

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I first saw the title and though "Great a support group for fat cats!!" - yes I have one of those... then I saw it's for us and died laughing because I need that too!

What a wonderful idea.

Congrats to everyone so far. It's not an easy journey and I'm going to take it with you all. I'm 30 pounds over what I should be. I can feel it. I hide it fairly well but hiding it doesn't help with making your staying health.

Looking forward to supporting everyone on this journey. We can do this!!!!

TARTARA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah isn't that difficult, i think that the trick is to convince our selves... !
A family member has lost quite amount of weight the last few months, just been careful with his food (healthier & less) and with walking !

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah isn't that difficult, i think that the trick is to convince our selves... !
Absolutely!!!

I laughed out loud at this only because this means will power..in theory easy peasy! Reality... ummm I have very little. :-)

A family member has lost quite amount of weight the last few months, just been careful with his food (healthier & less) and with walking !
Walking is so undervalued and so good for you.

Congrats to them as it's not easy to stick to your convictions sometimes. Our minds have a way of making our excuses seem somehow valid and reasonable. ;-)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just seeing this thread, and thought I've join in, as all my hibernating (and snacking) over the winter has resulted in a few extra pounds I didn't want. So I'm going to try walking every day (see exercise thread) and watching what I eat, and hopefully those 5 or so unwanted pounds will go away.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i gained 2 pounds and so i have to watch what im doing more diligently
Sometimes it's a yo-yo but that's okay :-) It's all part of the process.

Just seeing this thread, and thought I've join in, as all my hibernating (and snacking) over the winter has resulted in a few extra pounds I didn't want. So I'm going to try walking every day (see exercise thread) and watching what I eat, and hopefully those 5 or so unwanted pounds will go away.
Great goal! You've got this!

Down to 185.2 this morning so 11.2lbs down. I know this is just my body getting rid of extra fluids and not fat yet, but I'll take it!
This is a great start.11.2 is still 11.2 - that's a full size!!! Way to go!

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A piece of advice I'd like to share with you all that my brothers gave me growing up.

I would get upset with the scale as I'd be working hard and GAINING weight. They suggested I not get on the scale too much but rather pay attention to how my clothes were fitting me. (Particularly underwear and bras) I went on the scale after that only every two - three weeks.

They were right. The weight began to mean less to me and how my clothes were fitting told me a lot.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was 181.6 this morning! It's fascinating to watch. Granted, postpartum and or weight loss surgery are probably the only times when almost 15lbs down in 8 days is okay in how rapid it is.

I wonder how much fluid I'm going to lose before I start plateauing. Right now I'm only allowed to go on walks as exercise, though probably burning some calories with breastfeeding.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
A piece of advice I'd like to share with you all that my brothers gave me growing up.

I would get upset with the scale as I'd be working hard and GAINING weight. They suggested I not get on the scale too much but rather pay attention to how my clothes were fitting me. (Particularly underwear and bras) I went on the scale after that only every two - three weeks.

They were right. The weight began to mean less to me and how my clothes were fitting told me a lot.
F FeralHearts yeah , i get on once a week so that im getting overly excited about the weight