The Weight Loss Support Group

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A group of us started posting and supporting each other in our weight loss journey in June of 2013. Not everyone stuck it out, but some of us did and there were ups and down, but weight was lost. I'm one of the ones that fell off the wagon. Going to try to do better this year.

It's 2022 and time for a new thread and new goals and hopefully more people joining in. :)

We'd like to share tips, ideas, recipes, etc. There are soooooo many different diets and theories out there and what works for one may not work for another. We'd like to know what is or isn't working for you.

If you aren't serious about this, then this isn't the thread for you. Sure, everyone has off days and falls off the wagon, but if all you are posting are excuses, you will get called out. :) Some days, particularly lately, I need to get called out.:lol: Of course if you are happy with your weight and just want to cheer us on, c'mon in! :lol:We'll take all the support we can get. :D

*Just a note that that while fad diets may work for some in the short term, they may not work for everyone and please check with your doctor before starting a fad diet or taking any type of supplement. You may have a condition or be taking a medication that doesn't jibe with your fad diet or supplement. :)

So who is in? All are welcome and can join in at any point during the year.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well this went nowhere in 2022. :flail: Changing the title to 2023 and bumping it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to need to lose weight this year. I've already gained too much.

It's not going to happen for about three months, though, so probably see you then. 🤰🥴

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'll be here and try to stay this time. I'm at the heaviest I have been in years and need to do something about it.

While I've been able to walk again, I'm leery about walking on the treadmill or outside. For some reason, I'm worried about my knees giving out. If it happens on the treadmill, the treadmill isn't going to stop and it's going to be ugly. If I'm halfway through my 4.2 mile route that I used to walk outside and my knee gives out, I need to figure out a way to get home. I don't know what's wrong with my thinking, other than I'm getting older. It bothers me.

So, while I am getting at least 10,000 steps in every day (and have been for a couple of months now), I'm getting those steps by walking throughout the house. Getting my floors in by walking down to the basement and back.

Anyway, I'm here. I won't post my current weight, but will post losses and gains, as well as my exercise for the day.

Anybody going to join me?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I posted in the exercise thread...so I'll do it here too. I'll be starting my little program up again next week...well, that's the plan anyway. Just want to keep myself accountable.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched a documentary produced by NOVA the other day, it was called "The Truth About Fat". It was pretty good and offered a few little tidbits that I found interesting.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weighed in this morning. It wasn't pretty.
Me too. I'm up 40lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I know I'm not supposed to really try losing weight now (though I feel like baby has plenty of fat reserves to take from), but once we're done with all the Christmas/birthday treats, I want to try not to gain too much more.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I weighed myself Monday morning. I'm choosing Monday mornings as my weigh in day to track progress as it is not recommended to weigh everyday. I'm currently at 145.5lbs. Not to bad considering I was also on day one of my "lady time"...I'm sure next week will be a more accurate weigh in. When I last weighed myself at the beginning of October, I had reached 143.5 after my few months of exercise....my starting weight for the first few weeks fluctuated between 147 and 149. So that means that thankfully, I probably did not gain back anything I lost during my 3 month hiatus from exercising. I haven't measured myself yet...

I have also decided to start a new eating schedule. I won't call it a diet because what I'm going to try and implement will be something I will hopefully continue with. Due to my work schedule my eating habits were a little all over the place, even though I usually ate pretty good overall, I do know I need more fiber. I also tend to not eat anything all day until dinner on most days, which could be contributing to over eating at dinner time. Intermittent fasting is not necessarily a bad thing, which is basically what I do naturally, but compounded with stress and hormone issues and about 3 years of bad food rather than balanced finally caught up to me.

With the new year, I now have a new work schedule and will be sure to bring small fiber and protein rich snacks for in between seeing my clients, this should help me not ravage my overfilled plate of food at dinner time, but will also ensure more fiber and nutrients to help with my energy. My snacks will only be fruit, veggies, cheese and nuts. And never enough to "feel full" just little nibbles so I don't feel hungry. This week for my produce it's pears and carrots. I don't have any nuts yet but I think I'll just bring an extra piece of cheese and a couple crackers for the "salty crunch" part.

I'm also trying to get back into meal prep so that I don't just grab the frozen pizza to put in the oven or a box of Hamburger Helper....During the 3/4 years when things were really tough...the foods I made were all about quick and comfort...not exactly healthy.

Anyway...wish me luck!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't weighed myself and really don't want to. I'll be going to the doctor next week and will get weighed then and hear about it I am sure. :cringe: I've been trying to make better choices overall and eat less. My pants don't' seem quite as tight as they were.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to lose weight and get my blood sugar and A1C down. When I use the word diet it always deters me. I've used MyFitnessPal and I just don't have time for all that. I'm going to try to take my dog out for more walks (we went today). I have to just do the best I can and not beat myself up when I fall out of line.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been mostly steady this week, and possiblydown a couple lbs of water weight/Christmas sweets. I'm trying not to gain too much more, but know it's not good to lose a lot now.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have a dr appt tomorrow where I'll get weighed (and yelled at).
I feel for you! That will be me next week. I did get on the scale Saturday. It's bad, but could be worse. I'm a bit lower than I was when I saw my pulmonary doctor in September.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've still got a couple of months before I can buckle down on weight loss, but I saw this hydration calculator a few days ago and wanted to share it. Drinking enough water is so important in weight loss, and inputting my current stats, I'm definitely not drinking enough.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine said I need to drink just over 9 cups a day. (I converted it as it's easier for me to visualize a few cups rather than several ounces)

For those thinking about drinking more and staying hydrated. Just keep in mind that you also get water from foods like fruits and veggies. And things like juice, tea are also acceptable. While coffee (caffeine) is a diuretic, and will make you pee more...you do get some liquids from drinking coffee too.....not that drinking coffee all day is good for you... ;)
While some liquids other than water do contain sugars and possibly caffeine, I just want to caution that there IS such a thing as overhydration. And too much plain water can throw of your electrolytes...so just be conscious about your choices. Staying hydrated isn't just about drinking a poop ton of water...it's about increasing your liquid intake...from several different sources and making sure that your activity level promotes proper absorption throughout your body.