The Weight Loss Support Group - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Abby's been sick for over a week and I haven't been cooking and we have been living on takeout - Chinese, pizza, etc. She seems to be slightly over the hump, so I'm hoping to get back to cooking and eating better.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't need to lose weight then! You're tall. Nothing wrong with exercising though.
It's hard to know what the right weight is because the BMI chart says anywhere from 125 to 160 pounds is healthy for my height. That's quite a wide range.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to know what the right weight is because the BMI chart says anywhere from 125 to 160 pounds is healthy for my height. That's quite a wide range.
It just depends on how you look and how you feel. If you don't have protruding ribs (underweight) and you feel strong, then you're probably fine. Did your doctor say you needed to lose weight?

I don't need to lose weight. But I am flabby and would like to firm up with some muscle.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did your doctor say you needed to lose weight?
No. I went from 180 down to 153 last time she weighed me in November, but she didn't say anything. I don't see her again until March 17th. I don't think she will care as long as I don't go below 125 and I don't skip any meals.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I went from 180 down to 153 last time she weighed me in November, but she didn't say anything. I don't see her again until March 17th. I don't think she will care as long as I don't go below 125 and I don't skip any meals.
I think 125 will be looking too skinny for most women your height. Don't be too hard on yourself. Good to just eat as healthy as you can and get your body to be strong.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday morning weigh in. I lost 4 pounds this week, so down to 137 pounds. It was by accident. My mom bought me some pretty long sleeve turtlenecks, but it was so hot in here from the wood furnace, I was sweating so much. Is that healthy, to lose weight by sweating like that? I guess it's similar to a sauna.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Squash! I realized this is a fantastic class of veggie! I use it in a few Korean recipes but I've been using it for eating healthy. It tastes pretty decent sauteed with a little bit of oil, salt, white pepper and garlic! We have it alongside fish or a pan grilled chicken breast. With a little bit of rice (half brown and half white) of course. The carb content is very low too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is everybody else doing? I didn't lose any weight at all this week, so still at 137 pounds. I replaced all the batteries in my scale and now I get a consistent reading every time. I'm so close to my 135 pound goal, but no dice this week.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was inspired by Shakira at the Superbowl halftime show, so I started doing some of her hip shaking dance moves as exercise. It really works. I finally hit my goal weight of 135 pounds. It took 6 months to lose 45 pounds, but I did it the healthy way this time. Now I just have to keep it off.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's something interesting. I decided to eat fat-free lunches for a week and I gained a pound. I think foxxycat foxxycat is right. She told me that we need a little bit of fat at every meal to be able to digest properly or something like that. I'm glad, because fat-free food tastes terrible!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, this thread died. Monday morning weigh in was 128 pounds. Probably will go up this week because I bought some more instant cappuccino. But I will try to limit myself to 1 or 2 cups per day. That stuff is loaded with sugar.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
well, my weight has been fluctuating by the same friggin' 3 lbs for a while now. It's driving me nuts.
I suppose that's actually doing pretty well considering how much we've been going out to eat lately. Gotta cut back on that.
I'm doing an FVP (fruit, veggie, protein) day to try and give my metabolism a jump.
Also, more run/walk/pilates/ with my weight training.

Status
Not open for further replies.