The Weight Loss Support Group - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stopping by to post.
Haven't gained in almost 2 years now so that's a plus but have not lost in months so that's kind of disappointing. Maintaining so I guess I've figured out what it takes to just be status quo.
But not thrilled with that. Anyone else totally stressed by the state of the world in general these days? I know for sure this is a huge reason why I'm not being quite as diligent as I normally would be. That, and my job has become incredibly overwhelming as well.
Thankfully it's warming up, which means getting out more and walking!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm dreading weighing myself tomorrow. I had so many sugary cappuccinos this week! I'm fine if I have just one per day. But if I increase it to 2 per day, then I keep going and say I might as well have 10!!! :eek2: I'll have to limit it to one per day or give it up entirely. That much sugar is not healthy.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've managed to keep off 2 of the pounds I lost after my FVP day.
Great job! 👍

Monday morning weigh in is 126 pounds. So I didn't gain any weight from the cappuccinos. I'm shocked, but I guess I caught it in time. I will stick to one per day this week.

According to the BMI chart, I should stop at 125 pounds. That must mean that most models are underweight, because they are taller than me and I know they weigh less than 125 pounds!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've lost a few pounds. :woohoo:
I think it is because I've been going for a short walk almost every day.
Great job! That's how it all started for me too. I was 180 pounds and now I'm down to 125 pounds. I started going for 20 minute walk, then 1 hour, then 2 hours. I lost 55 pounds without doing any hard core exercising, just walking and stretching.

Last edited:

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Only 14 pounds to go. :cloud9: looking to be around 90.

Specter is at her goal weight, slightly chunky is how I like to keep her in case she goes off feed, it's less hectic.

Last edited:

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I weighted myself a few days ago and I've gained 5 pounds. Not a huge surprise, since I fell off the wagon, so to speak. It definitely made me realize that I need to change something or else I'm just going to keep gaining weight. I had been in denial before. So, I'm going to start jogging. I did my first jog this morning and it made me feel great mentally.
How's everyone else doing?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My doctor wants me to gain 8 pounds, I'm supposed to be at 125, but I'm 117 pounds now.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like there haven't been any new posts since August. I've been reading all the posts and it seems I will get a lot of encouragement here.
I read about intermittent fasting on Dr. Merkin's website and started using that method before the pandemic. I lost a few pounds and then gained them back while being in the house all the time. This month is a new start for me. I want to not only lose weight but get my blood sugar down and get rid of diabetes.
Has anyone used intermittent fasting, and how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.