The Wednesday ritual

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do your cats have special weekly rituals? (Edit - never mind weekly, any special rituals at all, lol.)

Tuesdays are the only day when I’m regularly out of the house for more than a couple of hours (knitting group, my one social outing). Daisy expects me to make up for this desertion and dereliction of duty by giving her extra attention and scritches on Wednesday mornings ... even if lying down without falling over is too much for her to manage! :lol:

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure about weekly rituals but Carleton does have a nightly ritual. After dinner he takes a brief nap because you know how exhausted eating a full meal can be, lol. :lol: Then he jumps on my lap while I'm watching tv for oodles and oodles of cuddles.:lovecat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure about weekly rituals but Carleton does have a nightly ritual. After dinner he takes a brief nap because you know how exhausted eating a full meal can be, lol. :lol: Then he jumps on my lap while I'm watching tv for oodles and oodles of cuddles.:lovecat:
Eating a full meal just wears them out, poor darlings!

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little sweeties!
Yes, every day the same. Then they beat each other up :hyper: until nap time. Lulu is quite put out right now because Ash can't play with her. Only one more day until surgery. Vet says that he should do well, and be running and playing in about 6-8 weeks.

20220228_113142.jpg

20221106_123919.jpg

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Sundar and Nilah have 'visitor rituals'. They have their special friends and the moment they walk in the door Nilah is on 'her' stool and Sundar on 'his' chair waiting for their treats (I don't give treats.. only their friends get to do that. That way I don't get hounded. :))

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sundar and Nilah have 'visitor rituals'. They have their special friends and the moment they walk in the door Nilah is on 'her' stool and Sundar on 'his' chair waiting for their treats (I don't give treats.. only their friends get to do that. That way I don't get hounded. :))
Phoebe has visitor rituals too, or rather, The Black Chair rituals! My only spare chair is a vinyl folding one, and Phoebe knows that when I bring it out either Mum is going to do her exercises, or someone is visiting, either of which means a lap for Phoebe to sit on.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback , you have the Dean Russo Abyssinian cat t shirt on in your video ! I wore mine out so I had to get another 😉
I love his designs.....
So that’s who designed it! I’ve had it for ages and mostly save it for going out, which is why it’s still intact.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback I just got my second one from www.themountain.com . They have other Dean Russo kitty designs too..... the shirts last alot longer than most made these days.

Enjoy !

Except I wish the maker of the regular t-shirt style would remember that the women who buy their t-shirts have HIPS!
Cool!
Yes, they’re much better quality material than any other tees I own. I have this one and the black kitty (Witching Hour, I think?) design.
Agree about the hips! I don’t want them brought in at the waist but something like an A line would be useful.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really enjoying our DAILY 3PM ish ritual. Zorro insists we enjoy the late afternoon sun together, while I direct his belly towards the sun and scritch his head.
Zorro is a smart boy!

I’m getting a Tuesday afternoon ritual at the moment - I’m home from knitting group, everyone’s had lunch, and now I’m on the bed and Daisy is lying on me purring and making biscuits on my knees. 😖