The war with bugs

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You know, when I was a kid, and throughout much of my early years, I would go out of my way to hunt those pesky flies, mosquitos and other bugs that would fly about the house. I'd do everything in my power to make sure they were deceased. Now, I'm reminded and take great joy in Prince and Nikita, as they zero in on an annoying fly that has flown into the apartment and chase it. The three of us have worked together to destroy this pesky intruder and I am proud to have companions to share in my lifelong war with bugs. XD. A little late night humor for you brought to you by the likeness of Matt, Prince, and Nikita

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
honestly, I might have to intentionally let in a bug or two to give Puar some daytime entertainment while I'm at work. Maybe a grasshopper or cricket to give him a fighting chance (I have really high ceilings) hahahaha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, yeah I can see doing that just to create some sort of entertainment for the kitties. It's interesting though, now that I think about it. I keep my apartment pretty clean, though when I first moved in there were small cockroaches everywhere with the occasional straggler after the complex bombed the place. Seeing one was rare but still one might rear its ugly head; but once I got Prince, and then Nikita, those appearances have been strangely rarer. I've seen maybe one since I got Nikita in February of 2018-even since Prince when I got him in November of 2017. I'm not sure if it's just that I have clean habits and don't leave trash around or if it's because the cats may have prevented the arrival of some. Who knows, but certainly bugs don't last long around us LOL

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get stink bugs too. The cats catch and try to eat them, although they seem to taste terrible to them. They also like pantry moths. Those are challenging to catch and seem to be more edible.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing makes a cat happier than a fly in the house. Spot one and the relentless chase is on, and when caught a delicious snack. I have always thought they taste like a raisin to a cat.

My house has centipedes, which Willow also enjoys chasing and catching. But either they bite going down or don’t taste very good because I will inevitably find a centipede carcass a number of times during the summer months, with all its legs removed.

The only insect my cats have not enjoyed is carpenter ants. In my previous home I had an infestation and after spraying there were thousands crawling out to die on the basement floor for weeks. The cats wouldn’t go anywhere near them and seemed to find them as revolting as I did so I had to build raised ramps for them to cross the floors to their litter boxes.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There's something about spiders that fascinate my cats, past and present. They especially enjoy when they put their paw on one and it scurries away so they have to chase after it. 🕷

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Jemima and Lucca were scuffling around the kitchen and dining room one evening not too long ago. I saw Jemima leap, then I knew they were chasing a fly. Trilling, chirping and what ever you call the weird sound cats make when they see birds, as they chased this great little “bird”😆
Then Jemima leaped again and whacked it hard with her paw. They looked and looked around the area. I got curious as it seemed to disappear. My watering cans were there so I looked inside; sure enough, a fly. That fly was the fly from hell!! Omg I was truly grossed out! I’d never saw a fly like this one, so I tried to drown it. Guys, it wouldn’t die! I was so spooked by it’s appearance I put the can in the garage. I looked this fly up and it was called a “flesh” fly. Ugh 😑
AND it can cause botulism or blood poisoning if ingested 🙀😫🤢!! Yeah, insects 🐜😳

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Ants sandwich is a Ninja when it comes to playing with those she will eat them sometimes but she rather slap them around and watch me scream

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greg and arnold have chased all animals and birds out of their enclosed yard......so now the only things left to hunt are insects. I often see the boys pouncing on a moth or some other unfortunate insect in the lawn.

Im amazed by gregs agility and have seen him catch a fly mid air and pin it to the ground with just one paw.

Here he is intently watching a bee..........you can just see the back of it in the flower of the hosta. I have to watch the boys closely so they dont catch wasps or bees.

20190729_091258-1.jpg

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Eating a centipede last night I freaked out just heard the crunch sorry I just hit the button spooky just plays with them gets bored and let's them go for some reason

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I am actually disappointed that I rarely have roaches anymore. Though they might come back since the exterminator no longer sprays at my apt outside because of the virus. I loved seeing them hopping. Now I occasionally flies
20170414_143746.jpg