The Trust Between My Cat And I Reached To A Whole New Level!

macyaji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the past my cat always hisses at me whenever I tried to trim her claw and she would struggle like her life depended on it. I always ended up with scratch marks on the arms and it usually requires two person and a lot of time and effort to trim her claws. Often after we trim her claw she would hide under the couch for half of a day and refuse to let us touch her. Recently I noticed that she doesn't struggle anymore whenever I try to trim her claw, though she stills meows during the process as a form of protest, she doesn't try to run away anymore. Also after I trim her claw, she doesn't hide anymore.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update! :thanks: It sounds like you have made some wonderful progress. I've only had one cat that didn't mind me trimming her nails so I can relate to your experience.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That trust means everything, doesn't it? You've done well with and for your furbaby. Good work!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wonderful. I'm sure that makes the job much less stressful for everyone! :catlove:

My Ruby still hates me trying to trim her nails. I don't know if it's a trust issue, or maybe it tickles when I touch her toes. ;)