The Trouble with Cat Tribbles

Festus Haggen

Puuurrr Love
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone. I live in Reading PA and our city is filled with stray cats. I do what I can but one night on the way home my partner and I came across a beautiful gray kitten. I gladly shared some of my food with her and continued home. My partner scooped her up and well.... she got larger because she got took care of. My girlfriend came by and said she's pregnant. I replied you lie she's a kitten you're hallucinating. She wasn't. I had every intention of taking them to the SPCA 3 times but horrible news reports about animals always broadcast. Now I have 8 kitties and no partner because he died on 8 October. Here's the thing mama's in heat again and the boy kittens could mate Mommie they're not thinking relations with your mama is wrong. What I am asking for is prayers. I have a fixed income but I know what can happen through prayer, concentration of thought and meditation. My given name is Kate and mama is Cleopatra Elizabeth. Thank you all for your time. May your life be filled with love, loyalty, harmony and much mirth.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, I am so very sorry for your loss.

As for the mama cat, is there a low cost spay clinic or a government clinic in your area that can fix the cat for free, or very minimal costs? Otherwise, she will get pregnant again and you will end up with many cats.

As for the rest of the kitties, do you have friends who can adopt any of them? Better to have them all fixed, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Festus Haggen

Puuurrr Love
Kitten
Purraise
First of all, I am so very sorry for your loss.

As for the mama cat, is there a low cost spay clinic or a government clinic in your area that can fix the cat for free, or very minimal costs? Otherwise, she will get pregnant again and you will end up with many cats.

As for the rest of the kitties, do you have friends who can adopt any of them? Better to have them all fixed, too.
Thank you. And yes I will be calling them and no and believe me I went to Facebook and pulled up friends from school and past boyfriend no luck. But that could change. Especially since we're in the the mouse in my house season. Which I don't suffer because of my cats.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a separate room you can keep either the boys or the girls until at least one group is spayed/neutered? Strict separation can be effective birth control, as long as there are no escapes.

Keep in mind that males can be fertile for a few weeks after neutering (sperm hiding in the tubes) so don't let the boys around the girls until the girls are spayed or a month after the boys are neutered, just to be safe.

But, yes, call every animal welfare agency and vet within reasonable distance and ask if they know of any programs or grants that could help you get them all fixed.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I use a low cost spay and neuter clinic for my spoiled rotten baby princess because I have to. They turned out to be wonderful, even though they sounded like an assembly line on the telephone.

When I had my colony, I wound up over my head very quickly. Your cats may very well qualify for the same services my cats received when I TNR'd them: they were neutered, given rabies vaccines, and their ears were notched to make sure that other caregivers of community cats knew who still needed to be TNR'd and who was already done. IIRC, I also got some help with antibiotics for eye infections.

The spoiled wotten pwincess in my avatar came from a feral colony. The caregiver listed her on Craig's List and she was a much better fit than any pedigreed purebred that was available.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are LOTS of programs in or near Reading. Since my google search turned up so many, I'm just going to link the search page for you!

Or not. TCS has a glitch...HOWEVER...I searched Low Cost Spay/Neuter near Reading PA.

My prayers, you have!

~wanders off to report the glitch~

Festus Haggen

Puuurrr Love
Kitten
Purraise
Do you have a separate room you can keep either the boys or the girls until at least one group is spayed/neutered? Strict separation can be effective birth control, as long as there are no escapes.

Keep in mind that males can be fertile for a few weeks after neutering (sperm hiding in the tubes) so don't let the boys around the girls until the girls are spayed or a month after the boys are neutered, just to be safe.

But, yes, call every animal welfare agency and vet within reasonable distance and ask if they know of any programs or grants that could help you get them all fixed.
Thank you I've thought about doing that but was afraid to call alot of places for fear of getting labeled. I wish there was a way I could barter for the operations. Yes barter. I'd have no problem cutting lawns and household care weekly. Might sound strange but I used a website like that years ago and it worked out well.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Might sound strange but I used a website like that years ago and it worked out well.
No it doesn't, but it might be too political to discuss in depth on a friendly pet forum. Kate, please DM me the link if the site is still around or maybe we can talk about it in the lounge:

when you get things sorted with their operations. No Nonsense Spay and Neuter looks the most promising from what my search engine turned up but I don't know the area.

Since you are a recent widow, I want to make sure that folks are aware of the physiological effects of grief on short term memory:
and other ways we might be able to help make things just the slightest bit easier for you and the cats:
tl/dr:

I'm so glad you have Cleopatra.

Festus Haggen

Puuurrr Love
Kitten
Purraise
No it doesn't, but it might be too political to discuss in depth on a friendly pet forum. Kate, please DM me the link if the site is still around or maybe we can talk about it in the lounge:

[/URL]

when you get things sorted with their operations. No Nonsense Spay and Neuter looks the most promising from what my search engine turned up but I don't know the area.

Since you are a recent widow, I want to make sure that folks are aware of the physiological effects of grief on short term memory:
[/URL]
and other ways we might be able to help make things just the slightest bit easier for you and the cats:
[/URL]
tl/dr:
[/URL]

I'm so glad you have Cleopatra.
Hello thank you for sending me these links things. I have to tell you I am not computer smart at all and if I use the wrong lingo or don't know how to do or undo or go to or gone to and now I am stuck like a hamster on a wheel and can't get out please forgive my Jethrow Bodeenisms. I was reading yesterday and learning about breaking up stages. I look forward to exploring and learning more. Now about communicating using a more secure format I can dig it. But would it be okay to PM me through this site
Thank you so much for everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
DO NOT WORRY about calling a lot of places. The worst you would be labeled is "responsible and caring," especially if you explain the situation as you did to us! Jes' sayin'...

Festus Haggen

Puuurrr Love
Kitten
Purraise
I sent you a private message through the forum software with my email address. You should have an alert in the red area where updated subscribed threads, purraise received, etc. are. Just let me know if I'm being too vague--or too opinionated in the future, lol.
Regarding your opinionatedness or not you are entitled to express yourself in whatever words you want to. There may be times when I don't like what you say but I would lay down my life for your right to say it. Paraphrasing, "from my cold dead hands". And I never knew what this country meant to me or how important it was to me to be an American until I lived overseas.