The Three Lives Of Thomasina - 1963

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw this movie a long time ago. Recently I discovered I had picked up a VHS copy of it in a box of other tapes I got at an auction. Out of curiosity I did a search on line, mostly to see if it had been re-released on DVD. Instead I found that it is posted on YouTube in it's entirety for free viewing. So if any of you want to spend some time watching an old cat classic from Disney streamed for free here is the link:

Something fun I noticed right away in watching it is that they use several different cats with very different markings. Of course as a kid every ginger cat looked the same so I would have never noticed it back then. But now it's pretty easy to tell, not all cats are the same to me anymore. Progress!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There are some extra's at the end of the movie that are interesting. The actress Susan Hampshire, the "witch" talks about the filming and the many orange cats that they used. Then Walt Disney does a little talk about cats. I think some of his facts are a little off but mostly pretty good.
For one scene it mentions that they had 40 Siamese cats in the shoot. That must have been a real challenge. I am amazed at the part where the cat is just sitting there in the rain getting soaking wet. That had to have been really difficult to film. None of my cats would have done it and there likely would have been blood.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thomasina!!! OMG!! Revivinga favorite memory of mine!

I remember, as a child, Thomasina was one of my favorite Disney films. I fell in love with Thomasina.

I do not remember the exact color or markings of Thomasina; however, if she was an orange tabby... I thought she was just a plain tabby.. but perhaps I am mistaken.

If She is an orange tabby, then that means Thomasina is responsible for ingraining my mind and heart with my love for orange kitties....

Thanks for the smile this morning.. I will have to check out You Tube.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even as a child, I knew there were several cats used, and some of them were obviously not female. . .;). But I might have seen the extra features at some point so I knew to look for differences. I was never super fond of the old live-action Disney movies (it annoyed me that they used the same actors all the time), but I watched Thomasina more than a few times.