The TCS US Election Voting Poll

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
On my way out to vote right now! It will be such a relief tomorrow when all the advertisements are done with. The Senate race here has gotten especially tense.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I'm about to head out and stand in line to exercise my Constitutional rights. I voted in this poll the same way I intend to vote at the real poll. Whoever wins the White House - McCain or Obama - he will have a very, very tough job ahead - with the economy and foreign policy in a shambles. I am wondering just where the new pres is going to get the money for the things they are touting, including tax cuts. The US govt is broke.
I'm actually really nervous about where our country is going. I just think it doesn't matter who gets elected things are about to change. I guess it's that whole change is scarry thing.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I literally was undecided up until the point I cast my ballot. It really tore me up a bit that I was having such a hard time making up my mind. I researched for weeks ahead of the election....going so far as to pull up all of the bills in the senate that they voted/did not vote/or didn't show for. I read every last one of them! I spent hours researching both candiates/etc and their history/etc. I went so far as to make out a list with both candidates and list out every single issue I agreed or disagreed with them on (they actually had 5 or so issues they were virtually the same over...thought that was interesting!). I really tried to be as practical about it as possible and choose the person I felt could best do the job. Unfortunately, i'm not a huge fan of eithor McCain or Obama.

It was honestly a tough decision for me...one person I agreed with more on the bigger issues, and the other on tons of smaller issues that I felt were important too. I spent a lot of time praying over it and researching before I cast my ballot.

I wound up voting for McCain/Palin. I feel like out of the canidates, they are more prepared to do a better job of leading our country based on the research that I have done for quite a while now and some of the voting history (keep in mind that this does not mean I agree with everything they do or stand for). That being said, if Obama does get elected, I won't really be that disappointed eithor....I feel like there are good things he can bring to the table as well.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like McCain or Obama, and I certainly wouldn't put my trust in either one, but I'm 100% with Obama on the issues, so that's what decided it for me.

Oh, and plus Sarah Palin has that mask on her face all the time and I can't read her at all and that is a little scary.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going down to the polls this afternoon with my neighbour when she votes, so I can feel part of it

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everyone remembers that there are more than 2 parties, right? I always like to point that out because it seems like people forget that. Yes, the 2 biggies get their names out there more, but they have a whole lot more money behind them! The others may be as much or more qualified and people don't notice because of the hype surrounding the biggies.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my first vote for the day. I will be voting as soon as my husband gets off work in 2 1/2 hours. The both of us are voting for Obama.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

Everyone remembers that there are more than 2 parties, right? I always like to point that out because it seems like people forget that. Yes, the 2 biggies get their names out there more, but they have a whole lot more money behind them! The others may be as much or more qualified and people don't notice because of the hype surrounding the biggies.
Yes, I think we're all aware of that...they are all listed here, and were so on my ballot!

ETA: I voted weeks ago, and did so here as well!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

I actually wish that the race was more fair for the other candidates. I am not a fan of either of the 2 big ones, but I voted for one because I always feel like I'm throwing my vote away if I vote for one of the others. I know that's not the case, but it just feels that way.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I actually wish that the race was more fair for the other candidates. I am not a fan of either of the 2 big ones, but I voted for one because I always feel like I'm throwing my vote away if I vote for one of the others. I know that's not the case, but it just feels that way.
I hear ya. I voted for Nader in the past in order to protest the 2 party system. The result was I lost my opportunity to vote for one of the candidates who actually had a shot of winning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
bumping this up.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First time voter here! I'm so proud of myself that I went in tonight and registered and voted

McCain/Palin for me

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
good idea. I can't wait to see if we are in line with what really happens tonight