The Sweetest/most Adorable Thing Your Cat Has Ever Done?

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
A couple of weeks ago Freya did the cutest thing I had ever seen. She was on her window perch and a squirrel came right up to her on he other side to check her out. They checked each other out for a bit, then Freya looked right at the squirrel and chirped a nice clear, "Hello" at the squirrel and reached out with her paw towards the squirrel, pressing it against the glass in a really clear gesture of friendship.

After that, I'll always imagine Freya as being like a talking animal in a children's show who walks around waving at and greeting all the other animals with a cheerful "hello, Mr. Squirrel.", since she almost literally did just that the one time.

So, I'd love to hear of sweet moments from other cats...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That's adorable!

Abby does a lot of cute things. One thing she is doing a lot lately is begging to have the air conditioner put on. She will either site in front of and stare under we get the hint or will lie on her back with all four paws in the air to let us know she is warm. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a cat who loved air conditioning when I was younger. She'd gaze at it in loving adoration for hours. She never asked for it to be turned on, but I probably never gave her cause to worry in that regard, since I have a low heat tolerance.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Missy really loves our two chicken; she spends much time with them in the chicken run, observing how they eat and scratch and move ; she often sleeps in the run while they are resting. Last week I saw Missy coming to the chicken's rescue, after they called out an 'alarm cackle' caused by the presence of an unknown cat in their run. Missy chased the cat and the chicken calmed down. I was really touched by this act of unconditional friendship
upload_2017-7-11_23-14-57.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As so many cats have shared/share my life, I could probably write books on this subject, especially as I think almost everything cats do is adorable (even Elvis' meowing about the house late at night when I'm trying in vain to sleep!); but one thing that comes to mind is our angel Samuda and his "thievery" of our angel Marley's sweater. This was an old, soft blue sweater of mine that I put on a comfortable chair in the living room; Marley loved it and would spend quite a bit of time curled up on it. One day Samuda decided he was going to liberate it. I have 35mm series of photos of him doing this. He took it into another room, where he could use it, he thought, without anyone knowing about it. :cutecat::redheartpump:

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Saipha and Mishka are so close that they don't like being in different rooms. Whenever one can't find the other, she starts meowing, and even if the other is fast asleep, she'll wake up and run over to groom and comfort the first.

The other adorable thing they do is in the morning. If I've slept in and it's breakfast time, Saipha will start licking my face, and Mishka will lick my toes. No respite on either end!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm at my desk and Seal is hungry, he will get on the chair behind me, stand and put his paws on my chair and then pat me on the top of my head with one paw. It is so cute, but I wish he would sheathe his claws while he does it! :kneading:

When I lie down, Leonid will stand on my chest and nuzzle and head butt me. If I make kissy noises, he will lower his head so I can kiss his forehead. What a love-cat! :redheartpump:

When I groom Diamond, he loses it! He struts back and forth, rubs against everything, rolls over and makes silly noises. I laugh, but it is hard to get the grooming done. And he needs more grooming than any other kitty I have had. :lol:

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In 1999, my cat Sarah and I moved from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. My other cat, Eric, who is 17 today, came into our lives when we moved back to Los Angeles three years later. Sarah and I were tired after a 4-1/2-hour drive. She slept most of the way in her carrier, but was wide awake as we drove to a motel in our new city. Things were hectic the next few days, so one afternoon, we were in bed for the night by 6 p.m. I awoke a few hours later to find her sleeping like a human, with her orange head on my pillow. She looked so peaceful she was almost smiling. I kissed her head as she stirred, but remained asleep. It is a moment that is in my memory, but unfortunately, I didn't have a camera nearby. She feels the safest sleeping next to me, or on one of my shirts, with my scent on it. She was dumped at my church at three months old. She is 19 now. What a treasure she has been!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily is a rescue who was abandoned with a litter of five kittens, and she still has separation issues. If Mingo and I go into another room, she will get a squeaky mouse and toss it and play with it, crying loudly. It's the only time she meows or plays with the mouse. She sounds so pitiful. She wants Mingo to come play with her, using the squeaky toy as bait. If I come back into her room or call her, she will stop crying. Although it's sad, it's adorable to me that she would go to such lengths to get us to come back to her.

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I keep all of Huxley's toy in one cupboard. He is definitely a creature of habit and has a routine he follows almost religiously. When I get home after work, he comes out to greet me, I pick him up for a cuddle and when I put him down, he leads me to the cupboard where I keep all his toys, gets on his hind legs and looks at the cupboard while meowing to say "playtime mama". Once he's "hunted" his pray aka one of his wand toys, he eats. He gets very confused if I try to switch the order around.

My mom's cat Neige loves to play fetch, and like dogs, when she wants to play, she picks up one of her toys,brings it to me, and drops it at my feet, or jumps on my lap and drops it there if I am lying on the couch. So cute!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In 1999, my cat Sarah and I moved from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. My other cat, Eric, who is 17 today, came into our lives when we moved back to Los Angeles three years later. Sarah and I were tired after a 4-1/2-hour drive. She slept most of the way in her carrier, but was wide awake as we drove to a motel in our new city. Things were hectic the next few days, so one afternoon, we were in bed for the night by 6 p.m. I awoke a few hours later to find her sleeping like a human, with her orange head on my pillow. She looked so peaceful she was almost smiling. I kissed her head as she stirred, but remained asleep. It is a moment that is in my memory, but unfortunately, I didn't have a camera nearby. She feels the safest sleeping next to me, or on one of my shirts, with my scent on it. She was dumped at my church at three months old. She is 19 now. What a treasure she has been!
Awww, Sarah sounds like such a sweet lady! And a huge Happy PURRthday to Eric! Long, happy, healthy and loved lives for them both! :zzzcat::cutecat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm at my desk and Seal is hungry, he will get on the chair behind me, stand and put his paws on my chair and then pat me on the top of my head with one paw. It is so cute, but I wish he would sheathe his claws while he does it! :kneading:

When I lie down, Leonid will stand on my chest and nuzzle and head butt me. If I make kissy noises, he will lower his head so I can kiss his forehead. What a love-cat! :redheartpump:

When I groom Diamond, he loses it! He struts back and forth, rubs against everything, rolls over and makes silly noises. I laugh, but it is hard to get the grooming done. And he needs more grooming than any other kitty I have had. :lol:
Such sweet cats!!! btw, your icon is beautiful. Did you create it?

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank-you! I love these sweet kitties so much. I just wish they got along as well with each other as they do with me!

The icon is by Swiss artist Paul Klee, 1879 - 1940. Most of his stuff is in the public domain, now.