The Sweetest/most Adorable Thing Your Cat Has Ever Done?

Discussion in 'The Cat's Meow' started by sargon, Jul 5, 2017.

1. sargon

sargon Thread Starter TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 22, 2016
    St. Louis Metra Area
    A couple of weeks ago Freya did the cutest thing I had ever seen. She was on her window perch and a squirrel came right up to her on he other side to check her out. They checked each other out for a bit, then Freya looked right at the squirrel and chirped a nice clear, "Hello" at the squirrel and reached out with her paw towards the squirrel, pressing it against the glass in a really clear gesture of friendship.

After that, I'll always imagine Freya as being like a talking animal in a children's show who walks around waving at and greeting all the other animals with a cheerful "hello, Mr. Squirrel.", since she almost literally did just that the one time.

So, I'd love to hear of sweet moments from other cats...

2. AbbysMom

AbbysMom At Abby's beck and call Staff Member Moderator

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    That's adorable!

Abby does a lot of cute things. One thing she is doing a lot lately is begging to have the air conditioner put on. She will either site in front of and stare under we get the hint or will lie on her back with all four paws in the air to let us know she is warm. :lol:

raysmyheart, dustydiamond1 and tarasgirl06 purraised this.
  3. sargon

sargon Thread Starter TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 22, 2016
    St. Louis Metra Area
    I had a cat who loved air conditioning when I was younger. She'd gaze at it in loving adoration for hours. She never asked for it to be turned on, but I probably never gave her cause to worry in that regard, since I have a low heat tolerance.

raysmyheart purraised this.
  4. Purr-fect

Purr-fect TCS Member Alpha Cat

Apr 20, 2017
    Greg and arnold are also very interested in squirrels.......and definitely want to get "closer"

raysmyheart and tarasgirl06 purraised this.
  5. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Top Cat

Feb 18, 2017
    IMG_0722.JPG This picture says it all... Charlie loves rolling around on my bed.

6. mama africa

mama africa TCS Member Alpha Cat

May 9, 2016
    Missy really loves our two chicken; she spends much time with them in the chicken run, observing how they eat and scratch and move ; she often sleeps in the run while they are resting. Last week I saw Missy coming to the chicken's rescue, after they called out an 'alarm cackle' caused by the presence of an unknown cat in their run. Missy chased the cat and the chicken calmed down. I was really touched by this act of unconditional friendship upload_2017-7-11_23-14-57.png

7. kashmir64

kashmir64 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 9, 2017
    Arizona
    It's happening right now. Samai has been curled up on my lap for the past 45 minutes and I have no bloody wounds on my legs. Someone switched my cat.
    She's so cute right now. Too bad it won't last.

8. daisyd

daisyd TCS Member Super Cat

Jan 21, 2017
    London
    I like this sleep pose ! It's so cute and shows she is comfortable

Attached Files:

raysmyheart, dustydiamond1 and tarasgirl06 purraised this.
  9. tarasgirl06

tarasgirl06 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    As so many cats have shared/share my life, I could probably write books on this subject, especially as I think almost everything cats do is adorable (even Elvis' meowing about the house late at night when I'm trying in vain to sleep!); but one thing that comes to mind is our angel Samuda and his "thievery" of our angel Marley's sweater. This was an old, soft blue sweater of mine that I put on a comfortable chair in the living room; Marley loved it and would spend quite a bit of time curled up on it. One day Samuda decided he was going to liberate it. I have 35mm series of photos of him doing this. He took it into another room, where he could use it, he thought, without anyone knowing about it. :cutecat::redheartpump:

10. Ardina

Ardina TCS Member Alpha Cat

Apr 10, 2017
    Saipha and Mishka are so close that they don't like being in different rooms. Whenever one can't find the other, she starts meowing, and even if the other is fast asleep, she'll wake up and run over to groom and comfort the first.

The other adorable thing they do is in the morning. If I've slept in and it's breakfast time, Saipha will start licking my face, and Mishka will lick my toes. No respite on either end!

11. boris diamond

boris diamond Cat Valet Top Cat

Mar 27, 2015
    When I'm at my desk and Seal is hungry, he will get on the chair behind me, stand and put his paws on my chair and then pat me on the top of my head with one paw. It is so cute, but I wish he would sheathe his claws while he does it! :kneading:

When I lie down, Leonid will stand on my chest and nuzzle and head butt me. If I make kissy noises, he will lower his head so I can kiss his forehead. What a love-cat! :redheartpump:

When I groom Diamond, he loses it! He struts back and forth, rubs against everything, rolls over and makes silly noises. I laugh, but it is hard to get the grooming done. And he needs more grooming than any other kitty I have had. :lol:

12. ericsmom1000

ericsmom1000 TCS Member Adult Cat

Jan 18, 2012
    Los Angeles
    In 1999, my cat Sarah and I moved from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. My other cat, Eric, who is 17 today, came into our lives when we moved back to Los Angeles three years later. Sarah and I were tired after a 4-1/2-hour drive. She slept most of the way in her carrier, but was wide awake as we drove to a motel in our new city. Things were hectic the next few days, so one afternoon, we were in bed for the night by 6 p.m. I awoke a few hours later to find her sleeping like a human, with her orange head on my pillow. She looked so peaceful she was almost smiling. I kissed her head as she stirred, but remained asleep. It is a moment that is in my memory, but unfortunately, I didn't have a camera nearby. She feels the safest sleeping next to me, or on one of my shirts, with my scent on it. She was dumped at my church at three months old. She is 19 now. What a treasure she has been!

13. DreamerRose

DreamerRose TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 11, 2015
    Naperville, IL
    Lily is a rescue who was abandoned with a litter of five kittens, and she still has separation issues. If Mingo and I go into another room, she will get a squeaky mouse and toss it and play with it, crying loudly. It's the only time she meows or plays with the mouse. She sounds so pitiful. She wants Mingo to come play with her, using the squeaky toy as bait. If I come back into her room or call her, she will stop crying. Although it's sad, it's adorable to me that she would go to such lengths to get us to come back to her.

tarasgirl06, PushPurrCatPaws and mama africa purraised this.
  14. maggie101

maggie101 4cats Alpha Cat

Apr 20, 2014
    Houston,TX
    Every morning my cats Josie and Peaches lick each other. Josie is like Peaches mentor. Peaches was found in a hole 5 weeks old. Josie was 10. Josie plays referee when Peaches and Maggie fight

raysmyheart, ericsmom1000 and tarasgirl06 purraised this.
  15. huxleysmom

huxleysmom TCS Member Adult Cat

Apr 13, 2017
    I keep all of Huxley's toy in one cupboard. He is definitely a creature of habit and has a routine he follows almost religiously. When I get home after work, he comes out to greet me, I pick him up for a cuddle and when I put him down, he leads me to the cupboard where I keep all his toys, gets on his hind legs and looks at the cupboard while meowing to say "playtime mama". Once he's "hunted" his pray aka one of his wand toys, he eats. He gets very confused if I try to switch the order around.

My mom's cat Neige loves to play fetch, and like dogs, when she wants to play, she picks up one of her toys,brings it to me, and drops it at my feet, or jumps on my lap and drops it there if I am lying on the couch. So cute!

16. di and bob

di and bob TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 12, 2012
    Nebraska, USA
    My almost seventeen year old lays besides me every morning on the kitchen table. He has his own baby blanket,. He always reaches out with his paw and snags my hand from my Kindle, and pulls it so he can rest his head on it. A morning ritual. It is so incredibly sweet!

17. JMJimmy

JMJimmy TCS Member Alpha Cat

Feb 7, 2016
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    No question, cutest thing ever done by any of my cats:

raysmyheart, tarasgirl06 and huxleysmom purraised this.
  18. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Awww, Sarah sounds like such a sweet lady! And a huge Happy PURRthday to Eric! Long, happy, healthy and loved lives for them both! :zzzcat::cutecat:

raysmyheart purraised this.
  19. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Such sweet cats!!! btw, your icon is beautiful. Did you create it?

boris diamond purraised this.
  20. boris diamond

boris diamond Cat Valet Top Cat

Mar 27, 2015
    @tarasgirl06 Thank-you! I love these sweet kitties so much. I just wish they got along as well with each other as they do with me!

The icon is by Swiss artist Paul Klee, 1879 - 1940. Most of his stuff is in the public domain, now.