The Story Of The Tiny Kitten

Linda Dwyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About 15 years ago before my husband retired he was working in a machine shop, a truck came in from Texas with a delivery, they could hear a kitten crying and found a tiny beautiful three colored kitten stuck under the truck. She couldn't have been more than a month of so old and it was mid January and bitter cold out. He hid her so the boss wouldn't see her and called me to come get her. She was the tiniest scrawniest kitten I ever saw, her little legs were no bigger than a match stick and she was starving, who knows how long she'd been under the truck and Texas to NH is a long ride. I went and got her, gave her two small cans of food and she still wanted more but I didn't dare give her to much. Took her to the vet where she was found to be full of worms and parasites. Got her healthy and my daughter took her. She still has her, she's getting old now but still plays. We think the truck may have stopped at a truck stop and she got in the truck unnoticed by anyone. But who knows. We had her spayed when she was healthy enough and she has lived with my daughter all these years. She named her hope, lucky little cat, she would have frozen to death stuck under that truck in the freezing weather. By the way my husband's boss never knew about any of this, the other guys never said anything to him and I went and got her as soon as he called

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Linda Dwyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She must have had a guardian angel looking out for her, she landed at the right place at the right time. We will never know where she came from and it doesn't matter, she's had a home for all these years.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Talking about guardian angels. The next question is whoms guardian angel - perhaps ALSO

She must have had a guardian angel looking out for her, she landed at the right place at the right time. We will never know where she came from and it doesn't matter, she's had a home for all these years.
yours and your daus? Or perhaps even just the co-workers on that work place. Being solidaric and keeping mouth shut about something they werent supposed to do, but which they did, in the name of humanity and of being decent people...

Ps. and who knows, perhaps even the boss did get knowledge, but by exact the same reasons pretended he didnt saw nor knew anything...