The Side Crawl

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have a cat that likes to do the side crawl? Lulu likes to pull herself along the carpet on her side, using her front paws. She has always done this. Is it a common thing? None of my other cats ever did it. :dunno:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My former cat, Murphy, used to do that if she was feeling silly and also if she was lying down and saw me she would sometimes scoot over to me that way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My former cat, Murphy, used to do that if she was feeling silly and also if she was lying down and saw me she would sometimes scoot over to me that way.
Exactly! Lulu does it when she's happy too and she gets a really good long stretch.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Omypaw, the team player, likes to drag himself sideways by grabbing the bottom of the couch and pulling along with his paws. He is a freak. Loves to play, play, play!! But doesn’t want to expend to much energy. Has to save that for the best squeaky toy in the world, Cheetah.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omypaw, the team player, likes to drag himself sideways by grabbing the bottom of the couch and pulling along with his paws. He is a freak. Loves to play, play, play!! But doesn’t want to expend to much energy. Has to save that for the best squeaky toy in the world, Cheetah.
My Mamie used to do that! She just loved zooming along on her back under the front of the couch.

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yea, Max does this cooooonstantly. Flops sideways and drags his back legs around, to the point that I brought it up with his vet thinking there might be a neurological reason despite him running and jumping around fine when he feels like it. She put a hand over his eyes and did a few things to test his reflexes and told me he's just fine. I guess some cats think it feels extra nice and make it their go to move. :p

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We had a couch shaped like a curved L. Whitepaws used to run full tilt at the bottom of the couch, lay on his side and rip along the bottom get back on all fours at the end and tear off for another circuit around the house, all without breaking his stride.

D_H

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Torti does it sometimes (when she's freaking out and running around the house making voices that sounds like the kid from The Exorcist) on the side of the mattress. Imagine that's the first thing you see when you wake up :lol:

When they were kittens both of them used to crewel upside down on the bottom of the couch ..

Edit: found a video!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Torti does it sometimes (when she's freaking out and running around the house making voices that sounds like the kid from The Exorcist) on the side of the mattress. Imagine that's the first thing you see when you wake up :lol:

When they were kittens both of them used to crewel upside down on the bottom of the couch ..

That look in her eyes!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh my heart - she looks SO much like my former girl Murphy who will always be the cat dearest to my heart. Wildest, craziest thing in the world until she reached old age. A picture of her
7613E59F-D9A9-4680-A6FD-14B4824484AC.jpeg

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All our cats do this on the carpet in the living room. Mostly Nobel before his arthritis worsened. It was easier for him than running so he'd shoot himself across the carpet at a toy.