The Siamese girl who stole my heart

Dafquez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had 15 cats over my lifetime, fostered 5 (2 who wound up being palliative), cared for shelter kitties for a short time, and until this past July, I had 5 cats. No one's passing has affected me more than my girl Nyla. Even though it's been 5 months since she left, I still cry sometimes, like I am now. Nyla had been the cat of two elderly humans, one died, and the surviving one was taken to a care home. The rotten ppl responsible for taking Nyla's surviving parent away just left her there to fend for herself. I saw her post, and picked her up. I've never had so much trouble integrating a new cat to the group, she was very nervous, but she eventually came around. She was very sweet, very attached to me (as I was to her), and had her quirks, like when she would chatter at me out of concern if I was coughing.

I am posting here to pay tribute to her, but to also put it out there that I am on the search for a Siamese girl to adopt. I know no one will ever replace her, but I am stuck on the breed now. I love the chattiness and quirks. I have another cat, Kyan, who quite clearly has Siamese in his line, given his body type, chattiness, and how attached he is to me. My youngest is a girl, 6 years old, silver tabby named Leilanie, and the other three are 14, 12, and 12. Although the 14 year old still tears around like a kitten from time to time, I would still like to have a Siamese girl closer to Leilanie's age for a companion as the other three start to slow down. We're in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Pic attached is Nyla.

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Nyla was a beauty❤ So sorry for your loss of her. My Quinn is a pb and they are really so different. My Wizard and Angie were mixes. My Wizarduni, not a day goes by that I don’t miss him and think about him I don’t like to play favorite with my cats and I have loved and still love all of them more than anything but Wizard was just- I don’t know I don’t have the words to describe it and tears come to my eyes as I say that. I think Quinn is a little similar in some ways although he’s much more of a pain in the butt. 😹 He is super dominant though which Wizard was not. I still think of all my babies though and miss them all so much.

The thing about Siamese cats and I know this may be the same for some other groups I’m sure is that they are your guardian it is not the other way around lol- but you are their slave as well.

I would try the rescue groups in your area and try the Siamese cat rescue I don’t know if they adopt to Canada as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dafquez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww Nyla was a beauty❤ So sorry for your loss of her. My Quinn is a pb and they are really so different. My Wizard and Angie were mixes. My Wizarduni, not a day goes by that I don’t miss him and think about him I don’t like to play favorite with my cats and I have loved and still love all of them more than anything but Wizard was just- I don’t know I don’t have the words to describe it and tears come to my eyes as I say that. I think Quinn is a little similar in some ways although he’s much more of a pain in the butt. 😹 He is super dominant though which Wizard was not. I still think of all my babies though and miss them all so much.

The thing about Siamese cats and I know this may be the same for some other groups I’m sure is that they are your guardian it is not the other way around lol- but you are their slave as well.

I would try the rescue groups in your area and try the Siamese cat rescue I don’t know if they adopt to Canada as well.
I have done SO many searches and have been unable to find much any Siamese specific rescues, and limited Siamese listings in general rescue groups.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A1565852-8B9E-4215-B5D2-139833E02D3D$L0$001~photo.gif
Dafquez and kitties, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm d6de63c951a6c6aeac8e765a1757a51b.jpg to you all.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about Nyla :alright: She sure is a sweet gal :redheartpump: :hearthrob: You may want to pay a tribute to her here in crossing-the-bridge.19

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS.

Condolences on the loss of Nyla. I can tell she was a special cat, and I'm glad you were able to give her a happy home after the loss of her original humans.

As for your search for another Siamese cat, I think, if it's meant to be, like Nyla you'll find one, when there's a cat out there that needs someone like you.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise