The saddest day of my life

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking one day at a time is all you CAN do, you have many others who love and need you and I pray this will help you in time adjust to losing such a sweet little one. To me, it sounds like you did all you could really, there are so many times that even with a vets help, the end result is the same anyway. My cats have leukemia, and I know what a horrible feeling it is to have to stand by while doing all you can to comfort and help them. it has been seven months now since the last horrible episode of sickness, sounding much like what you went through. This was after the vet told me there was no hope and he would die. I know that stress plays a tremendous part in many diseases, and have started all my cats on DMG to build up their immune systems. I get it on Amazon, and so far so good. Like Lysine there has been no real proof it works, but this is like many natural remedies/treatments too, just testimonials of other animal caregivers. I also use a treatment for upper respiratory problems called Nose Relief, and it sure helped with their symptoms.
We just do what we can and leave the rest in God's hands. Guilt and all those should haves, could haves, are always a part of grieving. No one is perfect, you did what you could with what you had. You had already given your little Petey what he wanted most in life, a home and someone to love.
You are a saint to open your heart to so many. No one could expect you to be perfect and know exactly what to do in every instance. we all just muddle through life and do the best we can. To open your home and your heart to so many is truly commendable, you will be blessed for your life.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Remember, Petey's love is spiritual, so eternal, he will always follow your life's journey, he is bound to your soul by the strength of love. Take care and let those remaining babies be a comfort to you in your time of need.....RIP precious Petey. You will never be forgotten, you will have a secure place in a loving heart for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Petey's Dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Those are such beautiful thoughts, di and bob. Thank you so much for that and the condolences and advice! I'm so sorry your cats and you are dealing with such a cruel illness. I pray they beat the odds and when the time finally does come I pray for your healing. You and everyone on here has sure helped in my healing process. God bless you and your babies.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
What a neat looking cat. He thinks he's a parrot in that one photo. :)

I know how much you loved him and he knew too. He looked like one very happy feline.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
So many of us know the pain that you are going through, my friend. I lost my girl, Jeff, in March of last year and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her and how much she meant to me.

I know you felt guilt over his death but you ought to feel pride over his life- the one you gave him. In those photos I see a healthy, confident, and happy kitty. You are his friend, a person he loved and trusted and nothing will ever take that away- not even death itself.

Petey's Dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So many of us know the pain that you are going through, my friend. I lost my girl, Jeff, in March of last year and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her and how much she meant to me.

I know you felt guilt over his death but you ought to feel pride over his life- the one you gave him. In those photos I see a healthy, confident, and happy kitty. You are his friend, a person he loved and trusted and nothing will ever take that away- not even death itself.
Thank you for saying that. I'm sorry to hear you've recently had to experience the loss of a beloved cat and I know you miss Jeff just as much as I miss Petey.

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
boy you are something you really have a lot of nolig about cats and I know you loved them all and they all love you back thank you so much for taking care of poor petey and all the others when they all got sick to them all you are their angel

Petey's Dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
edie56, thank you for the kind words. I am grateful for you and others taking the time to offer condolences, advice, encouragement, praise, etc. through this very hard time for me. I'll always remember the compassion shown here.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well said. Words we should all remember.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet looking cat! I love the photo where he is sitting on your shoulder. So very sweet!
I am so so sorry for your loss of that sweet cat. Yes , as others have said , we can all understand the pain you are now feeling. The loss of such special loved kitties breaks our hearts. The pain over their loss can be unbearable at times.
I was where you are recently , and even with the vet and all the medications and treatment , I still lost my kitty to CKD.
Sometimes , no matter what , they must leave us. I will never understand the reasons why , nor will my heart.
I wish I had the right words to say to help ease your pain. I just know that sweet Petey loved you and still does. Death can never take the love away that you two shared. Never!
RIP Sweet Petey Please watch over the one who loves you so , and bring some peace to their heart!

Petey's Dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Loving Mickey. Your condolences and kind words mean a lot to me. I'm sorry to hear you lost your sweet Mickey recently. I know you loved him as much as I loved Petey so I understand the pain. Rationally we know they will leave us one day, but it seems so unbelievable when that day comes. All the kind thoughts help to ease the transition from grief into the happy memories of our cats that we'll carry with us forever.