the right amount of food

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am giving my kitty 1/4-1/3 c of Acana kitten dry and 1 tsp of Performatin Naturals kitten 4 times a day, Is that enough ? breakfast 730 ie 12 noon lunch 530 dinner and 830=9pm pm last meal also sometimes give in cooked chicken , and some cheese once in a while

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Re: Cheese. Cats are lactose intolerant.

From what I understand, kittens should be fed as much as they’ll eat to sustain healthy growth.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The general rule is to feed kittens as much as they will eat. Kittens have little tummies and eat a ton because they're growing. Many people feed a few canned food meals daily and leave a bowl of dry food out for the kitten to snack on. Many kittens can devour an entire 3 oz can of food in a single meal and still want more :lol: I'd increase the tablespoon of canned food to an entire can. If the kitten doesn't eat the entire can, save the rest for the next meal and adjust portion amounts for the next can.

Plain cooked chicken and other meat are fine as an occasional treat. A few small pieces weekly is plenty. You don't want to give too many treats of any kind too often because that can cause pickiness and a cat who will refuse to eat anything but treats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went to the grocery store and bought 2 Fancy Feist shredded for a change I think variety is good

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's fine to rotate between a few different brands. Many cats like a variety of food / textures / flavors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's fine to rotate between a few different brands. Many cats like a variety of food / textures / flavors.
thank you for input I am now feeding Performitin Naturals kitten pate chicken flavor

Last edited:

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can't feed cats by the can because they have wildly different calories per can. You have to figure out the calories per ounce of whatever you are feeding them.