The rescuing never ends!

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a desperate plea from an older woman who is being evicted from her home. She takes care of about 20 adult cats around her house, indoor/outdoor and has no idea what to do with them once she has to leave. Most of the females are fixed and a couple of the males, I went over and took pictures of the adults I could find in hopes of finding a home for them. I really want to help her. I took four kittens, about 5-6 weeks old from the house, and also managed to catch two 11-13 weeks old kittens as well. One of the older ones has obviously been bit my something previously, half of her scalp is bald- but looks like it is almost all completely healed. They are in my 'rescue' room at the moment.. i'm at work. It was getting a bit quiet around the house- all of my bottle babies had left and I only had my one little chunky black kitten I was caring for. Now the count is back up to 7.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really never does end, and the more you do and people learn that you help the more and more calls you will get. I'm glad you are so willing to help. Hopefully you can get these cats homes before she is evicted. Since they are used to being outdoors maybe you could find a barn that would be willing to take some especially because they are already fixed.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, :lol3: you did mention recently that you were missing having the babies around! Yes, you are so right - the rescue/foster room will never stay empty for long. :nod: Very generous and kind of you (as usual :heart3:) to help this woman with all of these cats. How awful for her having to be evicted and the burden of worry about what will become of all of those cats. You are doing everything you can, hun! Bless you!! :hugs: :hugs: Vibes for that one little kitten with the head wound that it is completely healed. Poor baby :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: Keep us posted!! ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. I found an ad asking for 6 fixed kitties to be mousers out at a local farm, so i'm giving them a call as soon as i'm off work to see if they can't take in some of them. These kitties are gorgeous, and a few of them are absolute love bugs. Here's some pictures of the ones that I came across in about 30 minutes of being there (I got the kittens then had to get them home.)

Annie. Lady said she's about one year old. Is not spayed, is horrified of outdoors- has never stepped a foot outside.

Tommy, neutered male. They say something went wrong during his neuter surgery, because he is slow and wobbles when he walks and they said he was not like that before they took him in. Very sweet.

Molly, one of the friendliest that is there. She ran straight up to me looking for loves. She is already spayed.

"Feral momma" the mother to the four younger kittens I rescued today. They said they have tried and cannot catch her. I plan on taking my feral cat cage over and trapping her and having her spayed.

Thelma, already spayed and super friendly!

Ginger, already spayed. Seemed timid and scared, but 'grandma' says she has no problem holding her so i'm sure she'd adjust quickly.

I'm going back over tomorrow to take more pictures of the kitties I didn't get pictures of and to also get 'personality profiles' from the 'grandma' about each of them.

Will post pictures of my six sweet new rescue babies tonight when I get home :-)

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, looks like the girls rule with this rescue. Out of the 5-6 week old kittens, we have one all black male, one all black female, one tuxedo female, and a gorgeous dark tabby female. The older two is one boy, one girl, both gorgeous lighter brown tabbies (almost orangeish). Will post pictures here shortly.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Molly is actually Lily* guess I heard the woman wrong.

The granddaughter also sent me a picture and description of another kitty.

Bobbie: Fixed female. Very friendly, loves to be pet and walk on your lap. Drools and sometimes farts when pet. Has a short/stubby tail.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Meet the kittens :-)

Michaelangelo (male)

Picasso (female)

Matisse (female)

Monet (female)

VanGogh (male)

Dali (female.. I also included a closer shot of her wound... looking for advice, do you think the hair will grow back?)

I'm going to pick up VanGogh and Dali's last littermate today, we were unable to catch him yesterday but the woman has him inside now waiting for me.

All getting flea baths (with Dawn) and I have made an appointment for them all to be seen by a vet.

Last edited:

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have someone showing interest in 'Pretty Girl' already. Hopefully I can place most of these sweet babies in homes before she is evicted

And the black female's name I couldn't remember is Grace.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WELL..... I don't know where to start here :rofl: OMG they are all JUST beautiful. I got a laugh out of your comment about Bobbie and his farting. :flail: I think I will break this down and reply to the picture I am talking about. :scratch: OH SO MANY!!!!!! I hope they ALL get homes. :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Feral momma" the mother to the four younger kittens I rescued today. They said they have tried and cannot catch her. I plan on taking my feral cat cage over and trapping her and having her spayed.
Poor pretty momma. She looks to have herpes in one of her eyes. I hope that she can be trapped soon and checked out. Might need antibiotics :dk: She is so pretty. :rub:

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just got back from the vet, $150 visit. Got clavamox, tobramyacin, revolution, and droncit for all 7 kittens. Vet thinks the scarring on Dali's head is so deep she probably will not grow hair back and will be a half-bald kitty for life. Other than that, they're all doing great though. The kitten Monet is already spoken for.

And someone is coming to meet Pretty Girl on Friday and will hopefully take her home with them.

I know poor momma kitty, I am planning on taking my trap over there, having her spayed and treated for anything that needs treated.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My internet connection crashed earlier when I was posting and replying to your kitty photos. :rolleyes: Anyway, back up and running. I was going to add that Dali's head scar did look permanent to me. OH THE POOR little thing. I wonder what in the world happened??? I am just so thankful to you that you rescued all of them and they will be well cared for AND hopefully new loving homes quickly. You are SERIOUSLY an AMAZING kitty champion! Truckloads of vibes to you and these babies :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: AND to the lady you are helping. She must be very grateful to you, hun. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are all very pretty, hopefully it won't be to hard to find them homes.

$150 for all that for 7 kittens is not bad at all. Revolution for 7 kittens would cost me about $100 alone. Your vet must be very nice.

Last edited:

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The woman said she thinks a raccoon might have got her? Apparently they are pretty well populated in that area as well. Poor thing. They'll all be in tip top shape soon though :)

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The woman is very grateful. She actually began crying and telling me how worried she has been since she found out she has to leave her residence. She doesn't want to leave ANY kittens behind. She told me I was her guardian angel sent to help her. Broke my heart and made it melt all at once. This is the reason why I continue to rescue (other than saving the fur babies lives... her gratitude was so sweet and just made me so sad that she's tried so hard to help all of these kitties and now feels so helpless.)

I have a woman meeting Pretty Girl on Friday. Another woman just contacted me interested in Lily. And I have another interested in Becca. Hopefully they will all go to new homes, I REALLY want to try to find all of these adults Furever Homes before Nancy (yay! I found out her name! lol) is evicted on October 27th.

My vet was very sweet and kind. The 4 smaller kittens weighed an average of 14 ounces each, so the under 5 lb revolution was split between them. Then the three older ones were an average of 2.5 lbs, so she took a 5-10 lb revolution and split it between those three. Hopefully it takes care of their fleas and worms. We got the droncit for tapeworms because their fleas were/are so bad. Tobramyacin for the eyes, clavamox for antibiotics. I also have lysiene powder here at home i'm giving them as well.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like i'll be getting 3 new bottle babies as well. My friend called me and said she has three that a momma abandoned and is refusing to care for. My boyfriend is probably going to be upset... he said "NO MORE!" but I can't just let them die.. I have to at least try. Out of the last 3 bottle babies I attempted to rescue, only one has survived. I really hope these three babes make it.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also- 'Pretty Girl' went to a new home today! Yay!