The reality of feral cats in the time of COVID-19

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the TNR I got Lelia from can't do spay/neuter right now, though they were recently able to get medical care for a cat with a damaged eye and are still posting adoptable cats on their facebook page.

There's going to be major backslides after years of hard work. :disappointed:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the TNR I got Lelia from can't do spay/neuter right now, though they were recently able to get medical care for a cat with a damaged eye and are still posting adoptable cats on their facebook page.

There's going to be major backslides after years of hard work. :disappointed:
I know the feeling of backsliding. Working with the county shelter here, I have watched the gradual improvements and then, shutdown. The animals there are actually safer in some ways for this moment. No euthanasia. No intake either except for emergencies but animals are still up for adoption. The Cat Cafe nearby appealed for help. I was desperately worried about those cats. All are now in foster homes and funding, donations totaled 250responses in one week. Things are bad in many ways but people are reaching out to help. I know TNR is suffering but with more humans with free time, maybe something positive can come in the future. New recruits when things reopen? We certainly need them. This is a chance to grab people’s attention. Let’s keep working to spread word about the need. There are ferals in limbo in the shelters. They need fostering or adopting! For every cat pulled off the streets until Spay/neuter services are available, there is one less out there to breed. Foster homes desperately needed so spaces in shelters can open up. Ferals can become socialized and be wonderful companions. We may need to shift directions for the moment but we can still keep working for change. Please tell the TNR who rescued Lelia, hang on! We adapt. We’ll find a way. :alright:

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
YOU ALL HERE ARE GREAT! I'm no great typist no great cat savior just due diligence on the feral outside & watch over him morn & nite, & now ALL day now til when this virus ends??? So, I protect him in this apts come hell or hi water!

He is off n on morn vs nites, BUT HE DOES...

...COME & LUVS HIS RAW VITAL ESSENTIALS dog BEEF, BUT ITS OK, AS HAS TAURINE ETC -- SO NO WORRY RE HIS EYES OR COMPROMISING HIS HEALTH.

JUST fyi FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LUV UR FERALS TOO!:)

TY all here for kind efforts as W/OUT you ALL/us they'd be so lost as ferals in need!

I wish I could save the world but can't but..can do it ONE kitty feral at a time. Our indoor has yet to meet our outdoor 1/2 fixed boy but she may or mayn't like him. He's such a good boy tho & I sing his praises as g/f thinks I'm nuts. Haha, so be it!;)

Also, he seems ok but is after females in heat:( But can't do ANYTHING TIL THINGS SETTLE. THIS IS HARD YET EASY-- AS IT GIVES ME CHANCE TO BOND W/ HIM AS i AM always HERE & I LOVE SEEING HIM--WHEN HE COMES, AS HE'S BEEN OFF N ON MORN N Nites!

My keypad is obviously messed up. I think it got wet. Sorry its a mess.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
THIS NEEDS DELETED!!! MADE ERROR!!

YOU ALL HERE ARE GREAt! I'm no great typist not cat savior just due diligence on the feral outside & watch over him morn & nite, & now ALL day now til when this virus end??? So, I protect him in this apts come hell or hi water!

He is off n on morn vs nites, BUT HE DOES...

COME & LUVS HIS RAW VITAL ESSENTIALS dog BEEF, BUT ITS OK, AS HAS TAURINE ETC -- SO NO WORRY RE HIS EYeS OR COMPROMISING HIS HEALTH.

JUST fyi FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LUV UR FERALS TOO!:)

TY all here for kind efforts as W/OUT you ALL/us they'd be so lost as ferals in need!

I wish I could save the world but can't but..can do it ONE kitty feral at a time. Our indoor has yet to meet our outdoor 1/2 fixed boy but she may or mayn't like him. He's such a good boy tho & I sing his praises as g/f thinks I'm nuts. Haha, so be it!;)

Also, he seems ok but is after females in heat:( But can't do ANYTHING TIL THINGS SETTLE. THIS IS HARD YET EASY-- AS IT GIVES ME CHANCE TO BOND W/ HIM AS i AM always HERE & I LOVE SEEING HIM--WHEN HE COMES, AS HE'S BEEN OFF N ON MORN N Nites!

My keypad is obviously messed up. I think it got wet. Sorry its a mess.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I would love to foster I really am a bad candidate for it. I would end up with 50 cats if I did that. I become too attached to them.

Even when Snuffles was around I became attached to her and it was hard to take her to the shelter she was a stray who was dumped because some @$$ didn't want to pay for her medical expenses. She lived in the shed and I started feeding her after I saw she was eating garbage from a nearby dumpster. When winter came around I had to get her to a shelter or she was going to die out there. The shelter ended up having to put her down though because she had septic shock.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I would love to foster I really am a bad candidate for it. I would end up with 50 cats if I did that. I become too attached to them.

Even when Snuffles was around I became attached to her and it was hard to take her to the shelter she was a stray who was dumped because some @$$ didn't want to pay for her medical expenses. She lived in the shed and I started feeding her after I saw she was eating garbage from a nearby dumpster. When winter came around I had to get her to a shelter or she was going to die out there. The shelter ended up having to put her down though because she had septic shock.
:hearthrob:
10325_1225350800374_1427132454_30681171_1792713_s.jpg
:hearthrob:Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Cherished, sweet Snuffles. *My heartfelt condolences for your loss, and my gratitude to you for giving her the care that you could.
I love all cats, too, and I know that I cannot save every one. But helping ONE is far better than not. Fostering ONE cat helps that cat to survive. What caring person would pass that opportunity up if they have the space in their heart and home? Just sayin'.;) It's not about us, it's about THEM. They need people to come forward now more than ever. I hope you will reconsider.