The power of suggestion

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was watching Dirty Jobs (Mike Rowe) a couple weeks ago. He was at J.O. Seasoning in Maryland. Supposedly, when you buy seafood and it's already seasoned, most people think it's seasoned with Old Bay. But it's not; it's usually the #2 Seasoning from J.O. The #1 Seasoning is more for everything; seafood, poultry, fries, etc. I got intrigued with the #1 Seasoning and ordered some from Amazon. I think I'll try it on chicken thighs tonight for dinner.

That happens to me often. I see something (or Rick does) and I'll think, "Hmmmm, sounds interesting."

Has it ever happened to you?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching Dirty Jobs (Mike Rowe) a couple weeks ago. He was at J.O. Seasoning in Maryland. Supposedly, when you buy seafood and it's already seasoned, most people think it's seasoned with Old Bay. But it's not; it's usually the #2 Seasoning from J.O. The #1 Seasoning is more for everything; seafood, poultry, fries, etc. I got intrigued with the #1 Seasoning and ordered some from Amazon. I think I'll try it on chicken thighs tonight for dinner.

That happens to me often. I see something (or Rick does) and I'll think, "Hmmmm, sounds interesting."

Has it ever happened to you?
its called brain washed :lol: happens to me all the time watching food commercials . or even reading about some of the stuff you and few others psot up in the whats for dinner thread:flail:.

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got intrigued with the #1 Seasoning and ordered some from Amazon
Believe it or not you got off lightly buying the #1 Seasoning. It’s about product placement - The strategic marketing was for Old Bay, who would have been a sponsor of the show. I’m just guessing, but I get the feeling that you love cooking, like to get a little creative in the kitchen and like a human story? Most people will impulse buy at the grocery store, remember the brand name product and pick it up. You were the second target but in a good way because you supported the independent product. They still caught you though :lol: