The Positive Thread - 2024

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work Kwik Kwik !

I didn't have anything positive today until I read about the tick. I remember once when my brother and I were playing Monopoly. First, I made myself a peanut butter sandwich, bit into it and the bread had mold on it. Ick! Then, I felt something on the back of my neck. It was a tick! I don't have the kind of time or patience for the remedies where the tick doesn't leave his fangs in your skin. No, I start running and screaming, "Get it off me! Get it off me!" And whoever is with me basically has to chase my down and tackle me. Reading about the tick, (not to mention the shock of the calmness), made me laugh out loud. Thank you @Margot Lane for giving me something cheerful to write about. (It was funny thinking back, as long as I never ever get a tick on me!) Or put another moldy piece of bread in my mouth.
I am so that way when it comes to ticks. Once when my son was young I had to go find a neighbor that was willing to take a tick off of him because I just couldn’t . Right now in my area we have to be esoecially careful with ticks because there is an outbreak of tularemia which can affect humans as well as cats and dogs and it is thought to be spread by ticks and then contact with an infected pet or human.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
It may be wierd but I am totally excited about a paper towel holder. I picked up a plain, seemingly nothing special one at the thrift store to use in the garage. But when I was cleaning it I realized it has a ratcheting mechanism in the base that has just enough resistance so that when you pull with one hand you get exactly one sheet and the remainder stays nicely on the roll. Genius. It’s now been promoted to my kitchen paper towel holder.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wished you happy birthday in the What's For Dinner thread but what the heck, you can never have too many birthday wishes.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :dance:Hope you enjoyed your special breakfast with friends.
Fell asleep so early and woke up not long ago ,thinking" well another year(:thank God!) and then I came here and got MORE happy birthday wishes.....it gave me a really big smile and yes,,alot of HAPPY 💖thank you neely

iPappy iPappy
Thank you dear Friend😘

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We went to the Botanic Garden yesterday and saw the famous Corpse flower which is the largest unbranched inflorescence plant in the world. It's slightly over 5 ft. tall now but can grow up to 8 ft. :eek2: It hasn't bloomed yet but when it does the flower is beautiful and known to stink.

IMG_2433.jpeg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to the Botanic Garden yesterday and saw the famous Corpse flower which is the largest unbranched inflorescence plant in the world. It's slightly over 5 ft. tall now but can grow up to 8 ft. :eek2: It hasn't bloomed yet but when it does the flower is beautiful and known to stink.

View attachment 478994
Why is it called a " corpse flower"?