The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
47 degrees today! Still more than a foot of snow on the ground but melting fast. Cant get through the yard because of snow but I put one of my birdhouses on the wall of my front door entry way. I never use this door so the birds might as well have another nesting spot, which they will start looking for soon.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will keep my fingers crossed for you and the cats, what a wonderful thing. Hopefully there's a fund that can help keep them as healthy as possible with vet visits 🤞❣
Yeah, I will be keeping an eye on them to be sure they are treated well. It did not turn out well for a cat that was living here with her owner.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Was that cat not comfortable around different people ?
It was before I moved here. The resident's family decided she should have her cat with her. We are allowed to have a cat or dog but the resident must be able to take the pet to the vet, feed it and keep the litter box clean. I was told that the resident did not do much for the cat and the cat died. I was told that the cat either starved to death or that she beat it to death. One lady said she blamed the staff for not stepping in to help the poor cat. Anyway I will be sure the two cats are well cared for.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This weekend has been nice. DH and I had an actual breakfast date Saturday morning just the two of us. We even stopped at a couple stores nearby while we were out. We basically spent the whole day together just relaxing (with and without the kids). I needed that.

Today the weather was so nice we went for a long walk at a nature park he’s wanted to go to for a while. Then lunch. The fresh air and sunshine felt good!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe you should make it a monthly habit. Wouldn't that be nice for the two of you? :rbheart:
I can’t tell you how much I would love that. Since my mom moved away I don’t have someone to help really. I don’t let them do overnights with anyone else yet (if ever) so being able to prioritize time together has been hard.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t let them do overnights with anyone else yet (if ever) so being able to prioritize time together has been hard.
Are they old enough and responsible to be alone or could you get a babysitter, maybe someone from church they are familiar with? The daughter of one of my best friends was a youth pastor and babysat for us when our kids were younger. Funny story about her - before my husband and I left to go out we told her to keep the toilet lid down since we had a 10 month old kitten and I was worried he might try to jump in. Sure enough she forgot and he fell in the toilet. :eek: Fortunately our kids rescued him, he was wet but fine and she apologized over and over. We still talk about that story with her to this day and she still blushes from embarrassment. :blush:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are they old enough and responsible to be alone or could you get a babysitter, maybe someone from church they are familiar with? The daughter of one of my best friends was a youth pastor and babysat for us when our kids were younger. Funny story about her - before my husband and I left to go out we told her to keep the toilet lid down since we had a 10 month old kitten and I was worried he might try to jump in. Sure enough she forgot and he fell in the toilet. :eek: Fortunately our kids rescued him, he was wet but fine and she apologized over and over. We still talk about that story with her to this day and she still blushes from embarrassment. :blush:
DD is old enough to be left in charge for a while. That's what we did this weekend. She's been left in charge when I've had dental appointments recently too. (I broke a tooth. :rolleyes2:) She's mature and responsible. DS gave her a hard time when we ran to walmart but I had a talk with him and let him know that I understood why he was upset but if he wants to be left home too; he can't act the way he was. He was upset because we gave him Kindle time and it shut off and DD didn't know the password. He doesn't get a lot of screen time. We have a home security system so theres that too. It's coming in really handy because without my mom; options for daytime sitters are extremely limited. My BFF is going through cancer treatment again but keeping DS during DD's well visit soon. It's close to her house and should be during one of her times where she is recovered from the last treatment. Our new church is big; but we haven't made many connections like that yet. Partly because we live farther from the church. Now that we joined the homeschool group there I might meet some older teens. I really need a pet sitter too! :rolleyes2:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my gosh! The Colorado Rockies actually came to play baseball today!
Opening Day, Rockies 7 Padres 2
WOW, wouldn't it be amazing if they actually have good enough pitching to be able to do this for the rest of the season for a change?
...an ever hopeful fan 😀

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a dental cleaning appointment today and lucked out not because she didn't find any cavities but because I got home just in time before we had severe storms with high winds and hail hitting the side of our house. :storm:
" Take care of your teeth ! You will need them when you get old. " 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.