The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My new back door is all set properly now. The guys were very apologetic about having to come back. They figured out some exterior trim was making it unlevel from the outside while the inside was fine. They had to take it out and reset it. It’s operating perfectly now with no drafts. They were very professional about it all.

Now to rehang my curtains so I don’t feel like people can see inside my house at night. Even if no one is close anyway. :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention we saw the movie, A Man Called Otto, the other day. It's a true story and Tom Hanks plays the part of Otto. We don't go to the movies often but it was fantastic. Several of my friends have read the book and raved about it too. I highly recommend it. 👍
I read the book, several years ago. I think it was a translated from a Scandinavian Language. There is a foreign language film on; I think, Amazon Fire Stick, called; A Man Called Ove. A Man Called Otto is the American version of the book/movie.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mentioned previously that I am donating some pottery and/or artwork to the local TNR/cat rescue for their fundraiser auction. I am now in talks with them to create whisker jars and memorial pottery (either urns or pottery with the fur burned onto it) for them to sell to help support them.

I did a memorial horsehair piece for my neighbor's daughter and my son turned one of the jars I made for him into a whisker jar.
image.jpg 20230128_172659.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So we bought a new (used) car yesterday! It's a 2018 Subaru Forester and is much bigger than my Chevy cruze and my husband's two door Civic. I'm glad we'll have something that will accommodate two rear facing car seats when the new little one

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got to take DS on a “breakfast date” this morning. We normally don’t get up and out that early but I wanted to go to a new stores grand opening. The line to get in ended up being insanely long! So we got him a haircut, had some breakfast and then went in the new location for a local pet store and found Mooch some birthday gifts. (Of course I gave her one immediately. ;) :lol: )

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Two very useful purchases from the dollar store this morning. First was a drain cleaning thing that looks like a long strip of plastic with barbs on it. I have had a slow draining bathroom sink for a long while and thought it was worth trying this cheap gizmo. You just shove it down the drain and the barbs hook the gunk and pull it up. Totally gross and horrifying results but $1.25 very well spent for a sink that now drains properly.

The second item was a telescoping magnet rod. Worked great to pick up all the stick pins that dropped and rolled under furniture last week while I was working on the cat mats. It will also come in handy in the basement for screws and other metal bits I drop when puttering down there.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sister and I often send one another little gifts, whether for a holiday, get well or special occasion in our lives. Our parents used to celebrate Valentine's Day so we both love the holiday. :hearthrob: I was buying something on sale for myself and since we have the same taste I bought one for her too and sent it as a Valentine's gift. She lives out of stare. Yesterday I received this in the mail from her.

IMG_1832.jpeg

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Where did you find him?!
I don't have a thread about Captain, but he'd been on the streets three times in the past few years, and taken to or found by the same shelter, just down the street a mile or so from us. The shelter didn't say much except that the last time, in December, they called his owner and she didn't ever come to get him.

We were thinking about a bonded pair, a little younger, but when I saw the video of him, that was pretty much that.

He's any where from 7 to 9 years old, likes to exercise his claws in the carpet instead of on the sisal or other scratchers, is a bit of a door darter, and wants to go out to do his business. (We're not letting him out til the weather gets better and I can see how he behaves when he's outside in a harness).

None of these quirks is a deal breaker to us. I keep asking him how in this great big wide world did he end up on the street :(.

He is the biggest lover cuddler sweet boy I could ever have imagined. He's funny, a talker, fetches his paper ball, isn't a very picky eater, doesn't miss the box, and checked out as healthy 🤞💖.

He's basically 💗 wonderful 💗

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.