The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a funny story from today because it absolutely cracks me up what names my older niece, Noelle, comes up with for her stuffed animals. I went with my sister and my nieces to the zoo today and all four of us got stuffed animals in the gift shop (I had a gift card to use). Noelle brought a red panda with her from home that she named Reddy, not the most original, but then she gets a red fox at the gift shop and names it Night Shift. :flail:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids got to go roller skating for the first time today. It was a group function for DS’s boys group at church but whole families were welcome and DD actually wanted to go. DH skated with them and I held down a table right on the wall so I could cheer everyone on.

DD had looked up videos online beforehand and was doing pretty good by the time we left. DH says it’s harder for tall people to learn to balance. (I’ll have to take his word for it.) DS did the most falling but he was getting a nice little method for pushing along the wall. Both had fun and both kept trying so I’m proud of them.:redheartpump:

DS was taking a break with me and I had him watch this one lady who had been on the floor a while making it look easy. And she wiped out herself when we were watching, It was encouraging to him to see other people having those moments too and still getting up and going again.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Todays positive is about what DIDN’T happen. I had the oven preheated for some cookies I was intending to bake and was also reheating my coffee in the microwave. The microwave was running when I looked down and saw my coffee cup on the stove. Hmm, what’s in the microwave? Eek, it is the cookies, on an aluminum tray. No sparks, nothing. Yanked them out and the microwave is still fine. Kids don’t try this at home.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would LOVE to see an owl. We get hawks in our yard occasionally and bats constantly. My mom and I had an owl swoop closely once when we were laying on the roof at her house to watch a meteor shower. We could hear it calling nearby; but it was too dark to see more than a big shadow. It must have gotten curious about us up there. :lol2:

One time on a trip DH and I were on a back country 2 lane highway and had to stop because there was one sitting in the middle of the road. That was an amazing view!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would LOVE to see an owl. We get hawks in our yard occasionally and bats constantly. My mom and I had an owl swoop closely once when we were laying on the roof at her house to watch a meteor shower. We could hear it calling nearby; but it was too dark to see more than a big shadow. It must have gotten curious about us up there. :lol2:

One time on a trip DH and I were on a back country 2 lane highway and had to stop because there was one sitting in the middle of the road. That was an amazing view!
The year I moved into this house I had an owl living in the large pines behind my house. He was amazing to watch and let you get quite close. When spring came though I discovered that male owls hoot very very loudly all night every night as they try to find a mate. So when he moved on the following year I wasn’t too sorry to see him go.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up a big bag of clementines when I was at Sam’s Club yesterday. For the last year or two the ones at the grocery store have been tiny and either too sour or too dry. These at Sam’s were much much bigger and I was so hoping they were as good as they looked. Happy to say they were just perfectly delicious.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We, like a bunch of others, were hit by a snowstorm and freezing temperatures over Christmas. On Christmas Eve, I saw a tiny fuzzy kitten on my porch. He ran under my porch when he saw me. My neighbor's two youngest daughters went under and caught him. We caught his little orange brother on Christmas Day night.

I got an update from the older sister who has adopted them.

20221224_162914.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Elphaba09 Elphaba09 So happy your neighbor's youngest daughters were able to rescue the kittens and thankful the older sister has adopted them. The last pic of them curled up together is positively precious. :lovecat3:

I received a good coupon and was able to use it toward a self-warming bed for Carleton. I got it just in time too because the temps next week are going down to the single digits. :coldcat:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mom found little paw prints on the trash can at her new house. The garage is separate from the house and came with a cat-flap. She’s pretty sure someone is coming in so she put her cats heated bed he isn’t using anymore out there. :redheartpump: She said she doesn’t plan to feed; but she won’t deny them shelter from the cold. A few neighbors are pet people and she thinks they take care of them. One person keeps garage access open at all times too.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Driving home the other day there were FOUR Bald Eagles in a field not too far from my house. I think that's the most I've seen in one place and never so close to home. I do see some nearby; but not 4! :clap:
Not far from here, there is a Federal wildlife refuge, and it has several bald eagle nests located on it. They even have closed circuit monitors at the visitors center so people can watch the chicks as they hatch and develop. They also have built nesting platforms atop the towers of high-tension power lines, so bald eagles are a fairly common sight in this area. Exactly how many resident birds there are, I couldn't say, but there are more than a few.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom found little paw prints on the trash can at her new house. The garage is separate from the house and came with a cat-flap. She’s pretty sure someone is coming in so she put her cats heated bed he isn’t using anymore out there. :redheartpump: She said she doesn’t plan to feed; but she won’t deny them shelter from the cold. A few neighbors are pet people and she thinks they take care of them. One person keeps garage access open at all times too.
I don’t feed them but I have a couple cats that come every night for water from the heated bowl.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot to mention we saw the movie, A Man Called Otto, the other day. It's a true story and Tom Hanks plays the part of Otto. We don't go to the movies often but it was fantastic. Several of my friends have read the book and raved about it too. I highly recommend it. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.