The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We got notice the end of last week that our health insurance had been cancelled at the end of the year. It wasn't supposed to be. My husband's employer has been assuring us all that we are covered but I had a prescription denied on Monday. Thankfully it has been worked out and my prescription ahs been filled.
If you have lost coverage you probably can pick up a plan the the Affordable Care Act which will subsidize premiums if your income qualifies. You have 30 days after loss of coverage but I would check it out right away.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
If you have lost coverage you probably can pick up a plan the the Affordable Care Act which will subsidize premiums if your income qualifies. You have 30 days after loss of coverage but I would check it out right away.
Thanks! Thankfully our insurance has been reinstated. :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have posted previously about finally getting a new PC and moving from Windows 7 to Windows 11. The switchover has been relatively easy but with the PC change I lost my photo editing software. I don’t do tons but enough so that I must have it and haven’t been able to find any that is reasonably priced. Turns out I don’t need buy anything! I was looking online last night and discovered that Windows 11 comes with built in photo editing software and it’s really easy to use.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MIL’s birthday is coming up but she’s at the point where they don’t like gifts much. Flowers are fun but expensive. I came across an ad for a company called Fresh Cut Paper that make’s basically paper bouquets. I just ordered one for each of our mothers. They look so pretty!! And it says right on the description that they take 4 Forever stamps to mail; so it should be simple! :woohoo:I think they will both love them! I wish I’d found them before Christmas to send the tree version to my Grandma!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I have posted previously about finally getting a new PC and moving from Windows 7 to Windows 11. The switchover has been relatively easy but with the PC change I lost my photo editing software. I don’t do tons but enough so that I must have it and haven’t been able to find any that is reasonably priced. Turns out I don’t need buy anything! I was looking online last night and discovered that Windows 11 comes with built in photo editing software and it’s really easy to use.
~ Sounds nice. I sometimes consider getting a new PC — but I know with all the editing software and word processor sometimes it can become an addiction !!
:hellocomputer:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Sounds nice. I sometimes consider getting a new PC — but I know with all the editing software and word processor sometimes it can become an addiction !!
:hellocomputer:
Not sure what yours is running on but one of the things that pushed me to make the changes is that Chrome is no longer supporting Windows 7 and while I think Firefox still might, the writing was on the wall and the risk of virus increasing so I made the leap. Very glad I did, not nearly as bad or expensive a process as I imagined it to be.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
been a couch potatoe all day eating nachos and drinking hot tea while watching football since its in the 50s under a pile of blankets:lol:
DH watched two games today and both his teams won, the 3rd game Bengals vs Ravens isn't over yet but he's rooting for Cincinnati.

My positive is getting two tops today for 50% off the sale price. It pays to wait until after Christmas for great discounts. :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My aunt gave me a potted amaryllis bulb for Thanksgiving. You never know with her whether it sat on her porch after delivery for days in the cold so when it has produced no signs of growing since then, I assumed it wouldn’t. I had even been thinking this week about just tossing it. But today I spied about a half inch of new stem popping out of the top. Has a very long way to get before I see a bloom but at least it is still alive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.