The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alright this is a big one for me that I think only you guys will appreciate like I do. I only had a tiny hand in it but I am still just...so so happy for how this turned out. :touched:

A friend of mine was widowed recently. I don't know exactly what happened but I know it was sudden and it's left my friend having to figure out a lot of things quickly for her 2 children and herself. So this friend has been rapidly trying to sell off possessions she can't keep and all the financial aspects of losing him while grieving and everything. She just happened to move to the area DH grew up in in another state before she married her first husband years ago. But she was friends with DH and I back in all our college age/single days when we all lived here.

So she posted on Facebook that she had a home for her cat lined up but it fell through. For some reason she said she wasn't going to be able to take him to her new apartment. My SIL has a huge heart and does a little volunteering at local shelters; so I figured maybe she would know someone. All I did was send the post to her privately. The next evening SIL messages me that she'd gotten in contact with a friend from a local rescue who were going to take care of everything so that my friend and her kids could keep their cat; including paying the pet deposit for her new place! :eek::redheartpump:

They've lost so much. I can only imagine having to give up their cat too was just another heartbreak for them. I think I needed the reminder that even just the little things we do can add up together to make a big difference. :grouphug2:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
to make a big difference
Huge, absolutely huge.

On a lighter note, Captain Jack has found the Black Hole in the house to send a toy into every now and then, typically one of his absolute favorites. He's extremely good at retrieval so when a toy disappears, its serious.

I found one of those yesterday behind the desk - I have no clue how he got it there, but in any case, happy cat :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally found a piece of art that worked for one wall of my living room. There has been nothing on this wall for all the 19 years I lived here because nothing I tried to put up looked right. And the funny thing is that it is a print I love that has been hanging in another room for years. Just never thought of trying it in the living room before.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We were running low on one of Carleton's foods so I decided to try a new wet food. Pates are best for him because he only has one tooth in his mouth. I bought a single can not expecting him to eat it because he's very picky but to my surprise he devoured it. So happy to have found another wet food he likes. :thumbsup:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
St Patrick's Day is coming ☘

Also getting a massage this week, really looking forward to it! So many knots on my upper back/shoulders, Oi!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our city is having their annual St. Patrick's Day parade today and another on the south side tomorrow. My dad used to say, "everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day!" :clover:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I whipped up my best soup yet and I am oh so satisfied with lunch. I just used unsalted chicken stock to cook some baby carrots I'd chopped up and cooked Stelline (little stars) pasta and spinach right in it. Then I topped it with freshly grated Asiago cheese. No spices other than some salt and pepper. THIS is the kind of satisfied I have been looking for since going for making my own soups every week. :cloud9:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Me vs winter, winning for now at least. After months of snow and thaw cycles I have developed ice dams, and yesterday noticed I had water backing up and dripping on my porch. So I made a half dozen balls of salt pellets tied in mesh and with the help of my long clothesline pole dropped them on the ice at the edge of the roof. This morning I have free running water on four of the six and leakage under the eave has stopped. We are supposed to get rain, then snow and then a deep freeze so this may be a short term cure but I can just do it again if I have to.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother woke up to find blood both on her bed and her hallway carpet. Her cats are 19 1/2 and 18 so that was extra concerning! The 19 year old had stumbled getting out of his heated bed the night before so that didn’t help! But she did figure out it was him. Thankfully she already had signed them up with a new vet after their move.

She just got home from the vet. His bloodwork was good!! It seems to be from a tooth so hes got some medicine and they discussed foods and all. It all sounds positive! At his age we just didn’t know what to expect. So I’m really happy and relieved. This is the cat DS is super attached to. They even video chat. :lol: So I was trying to prepare him just in case. Thankfully bot yet!:redheartpump:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I was cleaning out a cabinet last week and came across a small glass lamp base that I have had for so long I don’t even remember when I bought it. I put it in the trash and then pulled It back out. Because its pretty and old I thought I could get a few dollars off of it on EBay. Auction closed today and I made nearly $40! As I was waiting for the auction to end I did some research and it turns out it is a 1930 art deco base to what was called a Skyscraper lamp. It went to a person who specializes in antique lamps and I am happy not only at the cash but that it will eventually be rebuilt into something beautiful and treasured.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Holy flippin' cats, I didn't know if my heart could handle it, the world baseball classic Mexico vs Japan wow wow wow what a game. Right down to the wire bottom of the 9th, Japan is behind, they're up to bat, and they DID IT! Congratulations!!
I will thoroughly enjoy the final game tomorrow US vs Japan.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy flippin' cats, I didn't know if my heart could handle it, the world baseball classic Mexico vs Japan wow wow wow what a game. Right down to the wire bottom of the 9th, Japan is behind, they're up to bat, and they DID IT! Congratulations!!
I will thoroughly enjoy the final game tomorrow US vs Japan.
What time? I would love to watch that.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The tv show, The Good Doctor, is going to have a spin off called The Good Lawyer. The premiere aired last week and it looks very interesting. I can't wait! :anticipation:

Status
Not open for further replies.