The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a thread about Captain, but he'd been on the streets three times in the past few years, and taken to or found by the same shelter, just down the street a mile or so from us. The shelter didn't say much except that the last time, in December, they called his owner and she didn't ever come to get him.

We were thinking about a bonded pair, a little younger, but when I saw the video of him, that was pretty much that.

He's any where from 7 to 9 years old, likes to exercise his claws in the carpet instead of on the sisal or other scratchers, is a bit of a door darter, and wants to go out to do his business. (We're not letting him out til the weather gets better and I can see how he behaves when he's outside in a harness).

None of these quirks is a deal breaker to us. I keep asking him how in this great big wide world did he end up on the street :(.

He is the biggest lover cuddler sweet boy I could ever have imagined. He's funny, a talker, fetches his paper ball, isn't a very picky eater, doesn't miss the box, and checked out as healthy 🤞💖.

He's basically 💗 wonderful 💗
So happy for you!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to chalk this up as a positive. I am not chewed up and bleeding. :lol: Came face to face with a raccoon this morning at 3:30am. I was walking out to my car to leave for work when I saw the lid to the garbage can lift up and a raccoon poked his head out. He looked at me and I looked at him. We both stopped in our tracks. I quickly hit the "open door" on my key fob. I had to turn my back to the raccoon to get to my car but luckily he stayed in the can just looking at me.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to chalk this up as a positive. I am not chewed up and bleeding. :lol: Came face to face with a raccoon this morning at 3:30am. I was walking out to my car to leave for work when I saw the lid to the garbage can lift up and a raccoon poked his head out. He looked at me and I looked at him. We both stopped in our tracks. I quickly hit the "open door" on my key fob. I had to turn my back to the raccoon to get to my car but luckily he stayed in the can just looking at me.
Do raccoons attack humans if they’re too close?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is official: I am working with the local TNR and cat rescue making memorial pottery and whisker jars. I am behind making pottery because I had the flu and am finally feeling better, but I am back to it. (Hopefully painting again soon, too!) I fired a few, including the one the president of the organization ordered for her mother and the ones I made to honor my Tara. We still have details to work out, but it is 100% moving forward.

20230214_160310 1 1.jpg
The lantern memorial for Casey the dog. Her hair is burned into the pottery.

20230214_160409 1 1.jpg

One of the pieces made from the clay dug from Tara's grave.

20230214_161055 1 1.jpg

The one in the front has Tara's fur burned into it.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is official: I am working with the local TNR and cat rescue making memorial pottery and whisker jars. I am behind making pottery because I had the flu and am finally feeling better, but I am back to it. (Hopefully painting again soon, too!) I fired a few, including the one the president of the organization ordered for her mother and the ones I made to honor my Tara. We still have details to work out, but it is 100% moving forward.

View attachment 443755
The lantern memorial for Casey the dog. Her hair is burned into the pottery.

View attachment 443756

One of the pieces made from the clay dug from Tara's grave.

View attachment 443757

The one in the front has Tara's fur burned into it.
Brava, brava!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do raccoons attack humans if they’re too close?
Not unless they are rabid. Raccoons aren't that dangerous if healthy but they do make me pause when I see one nearby. The cutest encounter I ever had was also at 3:30am. A baby skunk ran out and stood in front of me. He/She was trying to be intimidating by stomping his/her little feet at me but that just made it cuter. Wasn't until he/she turned around and lifted its tail in my direction that I high-tailed it out of there. Plus I knew Momma had to be nearby and she wouldn't be happy with me within inches of her baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.