The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am just happy with being a new mom and having my first baby. I am 34 years old and it took us almost 2 years to get pregnant because my thyroid hormone was super low and it was causing me not to get pregnant as well as I had a ovarian cyst that had popped Right before trying to get pregnant and it was pretty stressful. It wasn’t like a bad sister or anything. It just was like a normal cyst but I had to wait for that to heal to keep trying for pregnancy. We always want to kids we just didn’t know it would take this long, so and then being pregnant was fine , it was just a lot being a preschool teacher while pregnant because I was very tired after that but I have a happy and healthy baby and that’s what we were all hoping for also because my mom‘s first baby she ever had was a premature baby, and she had passed away after living for two hours while born so that was always stress factor too.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I put my big girl panties on and started the new snowblower this morning. I bought it more than a month ago and have been procrastinating with a variety of excuses for not starting it, when it has been pretty much just anxiety holding me back. Took a couple minutes to get the settings right but then it started fine and I am feeling relieved and ready for winter snow.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My son in law's birthday is coming up so we got him some gifts. DD picked out a blanket on Amazon that she knows he'd like. Did she choose one that is available with Prime? Of course not. She chose one that had to shipped from China. Hopefully it won't be too late. It shipped last week. His birthday is next week.

They are in the process of buying their first home so I also got him a Lowe's gift card for house stuff. The girls got him a gift card for Moe's Southwest Grill. They are running a deal on gift cards right now. You get an extra $10 for every $30 spent so for the $100 I spent they will get $130. You can't beat that. If anyone likes Moe's buy some gift cards and use them when you go. The bonus cards are e-cards and are sent to email in $5 increments. I already got the bonus e-cards so I just forwarded them to DD.

1699124528892.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A longtime very dear friend of ours passed away recently which I know does not sound positive. But we spent the afternoon with close friends reminiscing and sharing stories about her life. I think it helped all of us to appreciate what a kindhearted and thoughtful friend she was to us. :rbheart:

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news for people who shop Amazon but don’t have Prime. Now in areas where they are available you can elect to have packages delivered to a locker rather than your doorstep. So much more secure and convenient. This option used to require a Prime membership.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I brought my car in for service today but they were so busy they thought I'd have to leave it overnight. I really didn't want to be without a car for two days but had no choice. I got a call in the late afternoon that my car was done and ready for me to pick it up.:thumbsup:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD and I had a little girls day attending a local Holiday Market. The day started in the 40s but it was in the mid 50s with little to no breeze by the time we left.

I just tested my purchase of a lilac scented goatmilk lotion from a local company. I found their soap last year and noticed my skin needed much less moisturizing over the winter!

I was also able to get a couple more stained glass sun catchers from another little family business. They look so nice in my window near where I sit for school every day. Especially once the trees are bare; the pops of color brighten my days.

DD used her money on a pair of earrings for herself and some Christmas ornaments to give as gifts. There were so many creative, unique, and beautiful things to see. I miss my much more extroverted mother stopping at every booth to chat and compliment the craftsmanship. Especially at the less busy tables!

I debated taking her to lunch too; since we always included that when my mom still lived here. We decided to head home and now I’m ready for a nap.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hired the neighbors son to prepare a Christmas dinner for my family on Dec. 17th, worked out the menu and the grocery list. We will be traveling up till the 16th so I am going to be a little on the slower side on the 17th. He was a chef in Denver till Covid, he moved back here and has been doing a plant business but still loves to cook. So this gives him his cooking outlet and me a "don't run around like a chicken" outlet. Win/Win.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven’t wanted to celebrate or announce this until I knew it was a continuous behavior but twelve and a half years after her adoption Willow has decided that under the right condition, she not only accepts but loves to be petted. For all these years anything more that the lightest finger tip touch would send her into hiding but now I can pet her, even two handed, scratch behind her ears or even pat her rump.

The odd thing is that the only time she deems this to be acceptable is in the evening when I am lowering the blinds. She comes running at the sound, hops on the bench and almost demands her pets. After a short while she is done and back to her “don’t get too close to me” self. It’s weird but real progress.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found new glasses I like without having to try on everything in the store. :crazy: It was the first pair I tried on too. I’m so glad to see metal frames coming back in style although there are a lot that are still way too 80s/90s for my taste. I even spotted a pair that looked just like ones I’ve seen my grandpa wearing in old pictures.:lol: Big and bold might be in; but I have no desire to relive and revive the fashion mistakes of my childhood.:lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Week is almost over and then only have to work 3 days next week with a 4 day weekend.

Oldest son traveled to Alton, VA and then up to Princeton, NJ and made it home safely last night. I worry when he travels because he is constantly hurting himself at work or doing dumb 22 year old stuff that results in things like flying out the back of a pick up truck. :frustrated:

Status
Not open for further replies.