The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a decent job on our thanksgiving turkey today. I don't mind doing things like that; but since it's not something I make often it's not something that I get to practice so it's a lot of pressure! :lol:
Was the turkey thawed? Mine was really soft on the outside but still full of ice inside. And, are you as exhausted as I am?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Dollar Store alert for those that shop there. They have recently added a $3-5 section and I
picked up a nice poofy bed cushion for the girls for $5. They are about 20 inches across and went through the washer and dryer great.
F64FC1B7-F3E1-43E6-A67F-46F5AAFD6C87.jpeg

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Was the turkey thawed? Mine was really soft on the outside but still full of ice inside. And, are you as exhausted as I am?
There was a lot of frozen juices still in the center but the meat felt defrosted. It was done in 3 hours so I guess it was ok.

I got a nap in yesterday and was still ready for bed before everyone else was. I did not want to get up today but I had a delivery coming. I feel better now. I spent some time outside in the sun putting up some Christmas decorations. It felt good!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot to post this yesterday but DH and I stopped at a grocery store that had blueberries and raspberries on sale for 99 cents a pint. We bought three of each and as we were checking out I did a double take. One of my favorite special ed. students was the bagger. I was so excited because it had been five years since I had him in class I wasn't sure if he would remember me but he did. :thumbsup: As soon as we left the store I texted one of the other teachers I worked with and he said he couldn't wait to go to that grocery store to see him.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was surprised to get a check from the state of Massachusetts yesterday. Apparently we all overpaid in taxes last year and they have to give some back.
Now that's what I call a pleasant surprise! :thumbsup:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We went to our annual Holiday White Elephant Party today. A prize is given for the worst gift. The one I picked kept getting stolen so I ended up with a set of 3 toilet lights that has a motion sensor and colored lights. :lol:

IMG_1788.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went to our annual Holiday White Elephant Party today. A prize is given for the worst gift. The one I picked kept getting stolen so I ended up with a set of 3 toilet lights that has a motion sensor and colored lights. :lol:

View attachment 438035
My husband would probably like these. I should get some in place of the present he spoiled saying he didn’t want it. These and the Greenbay “cheese” pattern briefs that showed up in my ads today. :lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t know if this is positive or negative, but, our only store got burgled for the first time in its long history. The very next day, the entire town rallied and raised all the $ that was lost! Very heartwarming to know so many folks CARE, esp. near Xmas time.

Status
Not open for further replies.