The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I do the same thing when I see my doctor for my annual physical. I get labs a week before so I can discuss it with the dr. if there's any problem or concerns. Glad you made it home safely. 👍
Yeah, for me it is the whole diabetes thing. You can do well for so long and then suddenly go haywire, so it creates a lot of anxiety and higher blood pressure, if I don’t know the results. . Fortunately, my usual results this time.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that might be an air plant 🤔
I think that’s what I called it at first but I don’t typically keep indoor plants so I didn’t know really. The tag says lightly mist once a week and medium light.

Interestingly I thought it was looking a little more droopy tonight than when I got it so I misted and it almost immediately stood up straighter and then down again. I’m afraid to over-mist it.

I don’t think I’ll really get into keeping indoor plants; but this little one just made me smile.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a small stress induced impulse purchase the other night and I still don’t feel guilty.
View attachment 436239
I need to follow the instructions to lightly mist once a week because I’m not used to succulents. Or whatever this is. I just knew it was cute and I needed it.
I want that!!! where did you buy it

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want that!!! where did you buy it
Lowes! It was in a display when we were walking in the doors. The brand is Live Trends. Let me see if the link works: Kitty Claus- Tillandsia in 1-Pack https://www.lowes.com/pd/LiveTrends/5013272069
There is a polar bear version that’s kind of tempting too. And some elf legs or Christmas jammies. But if course I didn’t pay those any attention the other day because I saw the cat one. ;)
The air plants I used to get were much 'fluffier' than this plant. I am wondering if it is Aloe Vera? It is indeed a succulent-- what type, I do not know. It reminds me of some type of cactus.
And the tag answered my question; its a Tillandsia. It’s pretty small. Maybe it will get bigger and fluffier? It doesn’t have the little points of an aloe and its more flexible. Google says there are around 650 species! :oops:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry to be posting again right after my own post, but I finished my latest painting about 10 minutes ago. The glare is pretty bad because it is still wet; however, you should be able to get an idea of what it looks like.We had a storm come through with mammantus clouds that were stunning. I used it as my inspiration.

"I Couldn't Hide from the Thunder" is the second in the "Sky Full of Song" series.

View attachment 436187

That's amazing!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
While walking in the parking lot to the gym this morning I spotted what looked like a credit card. I picked it up and it was a bank debit card so I immediately brought it to the front desk. They said they'd look up the person in their system to identify whether they're a member. Sure enough they were and the card was returned to the rightful owner. I'm glad I was the one who found it because someone else may have not been as honest. ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton had a follow-up vet appointment today for a blood pressure check. Although not perfect he did not need an adjustment in his med. and because his bloodwork was in the normal range 2 months ago he got a pass on more labs. All in all it was a good visit with the vet who thinks he is an angel. :angelcat: And we think she is his heroine.:hearthrob: Vets like her are far and few between.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I certainly haven't been a frequent visitor to this thread lately. Although it's been very emotional the closing on my mother's house was yesterday. It's one less thing I have to worry about.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is - we went to the shelter where we adopted our last dog and cat to bring a donation of 2 cases of cat food and paper supplies. Of course DH had to check out the dogs and fell in love with a 3 month old pittie. I told him Carleton would have a heart attack if we brought a dog home but I have to admit it was tempting. :anticipation:

Status
Not open for further replies.