The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There has been a bit of upheaval and stress going on here for the last month or so. I was doing good again until Friday night when my emotions got me after I dropped my kids off for an overnight with my mom and stepdad. (Our only local family.)

And then yesterday instead of meeting my mom, stepdad and kids for my birthday meal out it turned out to be a surprise party with my bestie and her family, my stepsister and her 5 kids who live about 3 hours away and 2 of my stepdad’s siblings who live 2 hours away. I don’t normally like a lot of attention like that but it was good.

And then my dad, stepmom and cousin with her family walked in. They live about 7 hours away so TOTAL shock. I bawled. Which I like doing publicly less than anything. But seriously!! Thankfully no one recorded!! 😅

The fact that my mom and DH pulled a surprise party wasn’t a full shock. But seeing my family?! That meant the world to me.:bawling::redheartpump:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
There has been a bit of upheaval and stress going on here for the last month or so. I was doing good again until Friday night when my emotions got me after I dropped my kids off for an overnight with my mom and stepdad. (Our only local family.)

And then yesterday instead of meeting my mom, stepdad and kids for my birthday meal out it turned out to be a surprise party with my bestie and her family, my stepsister and her 5 kids who live about 3 hours away and 2 of my stepdad’s siblings who live 2 hours away. I don’t normally like a lot of attention like that but it was good.

And then my dad, stepmom and cousin with her family walked in. They live about 7 hours away so TOTAL shock. I bawled. Which I like doing publicly less than anything. But seriously!! Thankfully no one recorded!! 😅

The fact that my mom and DH pulled a surprise party wasn’t a full shock. But seeing my family?! That meant the world to me.:bawling::redheartpump:
Awesome!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :clap: :woohoo::clap2::hugs::dance::bday::musicnote:

SO sorry about the stress. You can always pm me.💖

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Happy Birthday!!!! 🎂🎊

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all. I’ve had so many emotions in the last 48 hours I felt like I almost didn’t know what to feel at any one given moment. :rolleyes2::dizzy: My cousin had to go home the same day (Thats one major long day for people whose youngest is 2!! Seriously Rockstars!!) but I got to spend today with my Dad and his wife so that was nice. Plus we had leftover lasagna and things from the restaurant yesterday. (My favorite little Italian place.)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. I’ve had so many emotions in the last 48 hours I felt like I almost didn’t know what to feel at any one given moment. :rolleyes2::dizzy: My cousin had to go home the same day (Thats one major long day for people whose youngest is 2!! Seriously Rockstars!!) but I got to spend today with my Dad and his wife so that was nice. Plus we had leftover lasagna and things from the restaurant yesterday. (My favorite little Italian place.)
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful one.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally found some wonderfully comfy yoga, leisure pants that don't hurt my body!! I bought 3 pair.
I almost feel like I'm not wearin' nothin'😎

I love the cooler weather...been reading on the deck when I can.

What's up with yyyyyou guys?
1665041981872.png

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Susan.💝 How are Willow and Lola? Any pics?

I have the black pair on and I can't wait for the others because of their cheerful colors.👍
Well, we are on month 14 of the introduction and still keeping Lola in her room evenings and overnight because Willow refuses to come out if Lola is free. The dynamic is that both are afraid of the other but Willow hides and Lola attacks when scared. Might be this way the rest of their lives but they are both reasonably happy with the current set up so I can live with it. Lola has turned out to be a Velcro cat and would be on my lap continuously if allowed. So sending her back to her room in the evening also gives me the break I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.