The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a good birthday. J is now fully vaxxed against covid, and while I thought she was having a reaction to the heated milk last week, it must have been a fluke because it hasn't happened again, which means she passed! I can eat so many things again. Pancakes, creamy soups, milk chocolate! This is super huge.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I think J is going to be excited about being able to eat all the mac and cheese she wants now, too. And I dug into my white chocolate bunny stash from Easter last year that I had frozen for this day.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your car is a beauty klunick klunick !
Thanks. It's completely not what I wanted but I was desperate. :lol: My car has been leaking oil for months and we'd have to put a quart in every week. Transmission was repaired and it still leaked. All the new cars in our area are sold before they even hit the lot so we looked at used cars. I wanted a Camry LE in any color except black or white. I ended up getting a black Camry SE which is the more expensive version of the Camry but I got it at a really good price. Pretty much the MSRP for a LE.

Dealership gave me $2000 on my 8 year old Camry LE with over 280,000 miles on it and we put down another $4000. Because we have zero debt, our credit score dropped into the 700s when it was in the 800s when we were paying a mortgage. The new car loan should get us back into the 800s but we are planning on paying off the car quicker than the 6 year loan so it will be short lived.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My tax refund finally came :yess: I was worried my tax form got lost in the mail or in the IRS' hands :fear:The last time I checked the status of my refund online, it just said to check again later.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I reconnected with an old friend who recognized me from when my youngest was in pre-school. Her son and my daughter were best buddies. They tried to keep the friendship going when they started kindergarten but lived in another area and eventually lost touch with one another. I don't know how she recognized me after all these years but she did so we arranged to meet and catch up next week.:rbheart:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We met a friend for brunch today then went back to her house to meet her 2nd dog. She wasn't planning on a 2nd pup but she volunteers at an animal shelter and couldn't resist. She also has 3 cats and this particular one who is also my favorite likes to sit in the bowl on top of her dining room table. 🤣

IMG_1686.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You might recall from my posts that just this year I have had two massive pine branch drops from ice storms, had the soffit and facia torn off in a windstorm, the neighbors tree broke off and took out a section of my fence and had large branches in my tree break off. Well we had a big bout of severe weather last night, leaving hundreds with downed trees and thousands without power and I had NOTHING!!!! I am feeling thankful.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
started on a new med for depression and it kicked in a few weeks ago....what a difference it has made! :woohoo: :yess::clap:

A baby albino skunk paid a visit few mornings ago. Very pretty and unusual.

A mama and her kittens have been eating on the deck...very feral..they are gray and I want to scoop up the runt and kiss
him all over.

what have you been up to?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
started on a new med for depression and it kicked in a few weeks ago....what a difference it has made! :woohoo: :yess::clap:

A baby albino skunk paid a visit few mornings ago. Very pretty and unusual.

A mama and her kittens have been eating on the deck...very feral..they are gray and I want to scoop up the runt and kiss
him all over.

what have you been up to?
Glad you are feeling better!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD and I got our hair cut for the first time in over a year for me and longer for her. I was growing it out after my last big donation left it shorter than I prefer it. I only had her take a couple inches this time. My stylist is easing back into work after surgery so another one did DD’s hair. It was waist length and she had about 6” cut off so its still well below the middle of her back!

Then we picked up my mom and DS and did a little shopping at a home decor type store where DS did NOT die from boredom and I did find a cute wall hanging floral thing for DD’s room for 75% off. Then we went to use the free ice cream tokens they earned from the library’s summer reading program. ☺

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haven’t posted on here in a while, and I hope everyone is doing well.
2022 has been a blast! We welcomed a 10 month old English Mastiff puppy into our family. What a sweet heart she is. Her, Eveliina and Augustus are getting along so well :hearthrob:. I have also been doing very well in university and have been maintaining a first class standing. It has been interesting to go back and get another degree, and I am loving it. Oh, Hubby and I just got back from vacation from seeing family which has been a long two years. Feeling blessed.🥰

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mom and I finally got to take the kids to a used book place that we've been wanting to visit for ages. They have DVDs and CDs too. Its in a flea market type place and everything is $1 or $3 if it's a set. They have things somewhat organized by category but otherwise you get to browse through and I love that! The building isn't air conditioned so it was kind of hot but we will go back again in the fall. I might have walked out spending an even $20... But I'd paid for my mom's things since she had taken DD to the bathrooms. And a few things were gifts.

I found some books that were illustrated fashion history by decade; so I got a few for my bestie who was going to come but has had a cold. DD found herself a cookbook she's been reading. (Literally reading a cookbook and asking me about the ingredients. :crazy:) DS found a big history of NASA book and a compilation book of pictures of things on cats. He thinks it's hilarious and keeps showing us all stuff. I found some travel books on places hes interested in too. The Christian fiction section was kind of small and I found a number of books I've already read but they still had some good looking stories so I got a few to make my purchase even.

I found out they do trade ins also. So this could be a really good resource for us in the future. The vintage section looked neat. Hopefully I can browse that better when it's cooler. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.