The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My happy moment of the day today, which probably only someone who sews will appreciate was finding a vintage pair of Gingher scissors circa 1950’s at the Goodwill. They are one of the best known name in scissors and like a lot of things the quality of the vintage ones is many times better than modern made. The additional bonus was that this pair was still super sharp and cut wonderfully.
When I was a girl,my Mom did quite a bit of sewing and her prized posessions were a pair of Gingher scissors and pinking shears,and they each had their own storage box.I have no clue where she got them from...her Mom maybe....or what happened to them,sadly.How wonderful for you!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a girl,my Mom did quite a bit of sewing and her prized posessions were a pair of Gingher scissors and pinking shears,and they each had their own storage box.I have no clue where she got them from...her Mom maybe....or what happened to them,sadly.How wonderful for you!
If you have ever had to cut fabric with a dull or poor set of scissors you know how precious a good pair is. I am sorry that your mom’s got lost.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Another stroke of luck, which have been in short supply lately. Last night I went to use some vanilla and the cap to the nearly full 8 oz bottle just shattered. Vanilla is outrageously expensive stuff and I sure don’t want it evaporating. The flat top to the cap was still intact so I temporarily set that on it and started looking online for a replacement cap or bottle, but they were way too expensive. This morning while making coffee I realized that the bottle my coffee syrup came in was very close to the size of vanilla bottle and when I tried the top I could not believe it but the cap fit perfectly! So my syrup, which is nearly gone anyway is capless and my precious vanilla is safe.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two positives for the day.

Firstly, I have less than a week until my art show is over and I just sold my fourth painting! Yay! I went in not expecting to sell any. Secondly, one of the kittens has gone to live with his new family. Cillian now lives next door! He is adjusting well and seems happy. I feel better knowing he is right next door with people I know and adore.

We backed out of the planned adoption of Clementine. The man who was going to adopt her was not going to get her fixed and mentioned to someone he and my husband work with that he was going to let her be an indoor/outdoor cat. Nope. The fact that he was not going to fix her was enough to make us back out, but the fact that he was going to let her outside unfixed and only ever having been an indoor cat left no question.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two positives for the day.

Firstly, I have less than a week until my art show is over and I just sold my fourth painting! Yay! I went in not expecting to sell any. Secondly, one of the kittens has gone to live with his new family. Cillian now lives next door! He is adjusting well and seems happy. I feel better knowing he is right next door with people I know and adore.

We backed out of the planned adoption of Clementine. The man who was going to adopt her was not going to get her fixed and mentioned to someone he and my husband work with that he was going to let her be an indoor/outdoor cat. Nope. The fact that he was not going to fix her was enough to make us back out, but the fact that he was going to let her outside unfixed and only ever having been an indoor cat left no question.
That is fantastic. Which ones did you sell?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
the cap fit perfectly!
I LOVE when things like this work out!!

A couple good things around here, it rained last night (more than .02 inches for a change!) which meant we didn't have to water this morning - a nice little break, and we figured out how to take care of a negative review for a product seller who ended up making good on the situation.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is fantastic. Which ones did you sell?
Thank you!

These are the four I have sold. My son is sad that I sold "Under a Sky Full of Song" (the yellow and blue one) because he wanted it. I promised to paint something in the same style with a different field and a darker storm in the sky.

20220625_115017.jpg 20220625_115122 (1).jpg 20220625_115103 (1).jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thrift store comes through again. I am remaking and recovering a couple of couch pillows and yesterday afternoon I went to the only two fabric stores in my area looking for the right material. What I was hoping to find was a faux suede fabric, preferably in some shade of teal to go with the colors in my new living room art. I could only find suede in upholstery fabric and it was SALE priced at $40 a yard which was clearly not going to happen.

So I thought I would start checking thrift stores. It might take months but sometimes you can find fabric or a piece of something that could be taken apart and repurposed. First store I checked, my local Goodwill, had a two yard piece of TEAL ultra suede fabric for $5.99. Seriously, how lucky was that - maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I completed my absolute FIRST Painiting, at a painting class! I had so much fun! I am so unartistic, it is crazy. I cannot draw a straight line with a ruler.. but I finished..
We had a great bunch of people. The organizer told me, she wanted to get upbeat, fun people for the building's premiere painting session.
There were 15 women in the class. The artist/instructor is in his 30's has a great personality, provided everything we needed and played some great music as we painted away!
Three staff members kept encouraging us. It was so much fun. We were all so cheerful, and supportive of each other.
We all asked for more classes!!

There are many mistakes in my painting, but I did it! And I improvised a holly/Christmas tree as an addition. The supplies are ours to keep.

Here is my 'painting'
EE1B976F-5C98-4E40-AC0B-B9B5A35E56AB.jpeg

We were given instructions on mixing colors to achieve the original, and then he said--do your own colors! So I did..
Mine is much more muted than the others. I did not have such a heavy hand with the paint.

My hand was a mess! I think I was the first one to get it all over their left hand!! Everywhere, under fingernails, etc...
I also added the roots to the base of the tree.
Being right handed, I need to focus on symmetry.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I completed my absolute FIRST Painiting, at a painting class! I had so much fun! I am so unartistic, it is crazy. I cannot draw a straight line with a ruler.. but I finished..
We had a great bunch of people. The organizer told me, she wanted to get upbeat, fun people for the building's premiere painting session.
There were 15 women in the class. The artist/instructor is in his 30's has a great personality, provided everything we needed and played some great music as we painted away!
Three staff members kept encouraging us. It was so much fun. We were all so cheerful, and supportive of each other.
We all asked for more classes!!

There are many mistakes in my painting, but I did it! And I improvised a holly/Christmas tree as an addition. The supplies are ours to keep.

Here is my 'painting'
View attachment 426978

We were given instructions on mixing colors to achieve the original, and then he said--do your own colors! So I did..
Mine is much more muted than the others. I did not have such a heavy hand with the paint.

My hand was a mess! I think I was the first one to get it all over their left hand!! Everywhere, under fingernails, etc...
I also added the roots to the base of the tree.
Being right handed, I need to focus on symmetry.
I like it!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The Rockies, (Denver Colorado Professional Baseball team) has drafted PITCHERS!! Holy cats, nobody can figure out what happened and who caused the management to open their wallets--in an intelligent manner no less.

Considering we had a true Dream Team of infielders and outfielders a couple years ago but our pitching was abysmal, this is better late than never, and as always, Rockies fans are ever hopeful.

World Series, better watch out :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.