The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok so the curriculum I was hoping to catch on sale went on sale after the other one ended last night. So now I'm finished buying books. :thud: It was about $30 off that one plus free shipping again (another $15). This is definitley the most I've had to spend on school books; but I still did get good deals and found ways to save. So I'm not complaining; I'm just saying! If I'd gone with even an online school it would have been a lot more; so theres that too. :) Now to enjoy the last 5 weeks of summer! :cloud9:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele wanted a 'get out of town day' today, down to Chautauqua County and a winery whose products we favor. We got there early, parking in the shade, when a woman walked up and asked if we there for the anniversary. Anniversary? Yep, Michele had ordered some wine online, unknown to me. The woman had our order all ready, with a surprise- a bottle of wine with a label bearing our names, and a 'Happy 50th Anniversary'. It's a few days early, but who am I to quibble?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele wanted a 'get out of town day' today, down to Chautauqua County and a winery whose products we favor. We got there early, parking in the shade, when a woman walked up and asked if we there for the anniversary. Anniversary? Yep, Michele had ordered some wine online, unknown to me. The woman had our order all ready, with a surprise- a bottle of wine with a label bearing our names, and a 'Happy 50th Anniversary'. It's a few days early, but who am I to quibble?
What a wonderful thing for her to do!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the parents on a local homeschooling group made a very nice document showing which stores give educator discounts to homeschoolers complete with instructions on how to get it. I really appreciate that! Now that our main books are bought I can start focusing on supplies and things like that. (Especially Target and ThriftBooks!) Every bit helps! :banana1:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
While shopping at TJ's this afternoon I ran into one of the trainers who retired from the gym where I work out. We became good buddies during the pandemic because there were so few people there. He looks intimidating but actually he's the nicest guy. He introduced me to his wife and when my husband came looking for me in the store the four of us were chatting for awhile. 😁

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the parents on a local homeschooling group made a very nice document showing which stores give educator discounts to homeschoolers complete with instructions on how to get it. I really appreciate that! Now that our main books are bought I can start focusing on supplies and things like that. (Especially Target and ThriftBooks!) Every bit helps! :banana1:
It's always nice to be recognized, and rewarded, like that, especially in times like these where every dollar saved helps. There are a number of places where I shop that give a 10% discount for veterans, everything from big-box stores to independent places, and the savings can really add up. And it's much better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to get some gorgeous pictures of the supermoon last night. I went to my son's house because he has a better view. The moonlight hitting the fog made it even more beautiful! The first one is from Tuesday for comparison.

20220712_221556.jpg 20220713_233841.jpg 20220713_233903.jpg 20220713_234128.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My happy moment of the day today, which probably only someone who sews will appreciate was finding a vintage pair of Gingher scissors circa 1950’s at the Goodwill. They are one of the best known name in scissors and like a lot of things the quality of the vintage ones is many times better than modern made. The additional bonus was that this pair was still super sharp and cut wonderfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.