The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you considered getting them to a vet and getting them some medical attention as well as s/n? Just saying....
Thought about it but can't catch them. A trap was put out by someone in the neighborhood but was unsuccessful.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
My very old car had a bumper bar that was coming adrift and a big dent on the back. I got a quote but it was huge.. I told the guy it was way more than the car was worth, and he wrote back telling me what I could do to fix it (thinking I was some young bloke who knew cars). I wrote back saying I'm a 66 year old with no knowledge at all of cars (I said it in a amused way). He texted me yesterday saying he had the day off and did I want him to have a look at it. I took it round and he re-attached the bumper, knocked out the worst of the bump and showed me how to prime a and paint it. And wouldn't take any payment.
He also told me that until ten years ago he was a chronic junkie. He went into rehab and was helped enormously. Now he tries to pay it back. I was so touched by his attitude, and very grateful for his help.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started cryotherapy to try to help my leg more. It has not done much for the pain in my leg, but it has helped the pain in my hip a great deal. It is horrifically cold especially for me because I hate the cold), but it is a different kind of cold because I do not feel cold all the way through my body. (I hope that makes sense.)

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gf managed to get 3 of graycies paws trimmed good today with one back left for next weekend:yess:such a relief for me now no more worries about long dew clawsalong with:biggrin: hurting while grooming or injury from a stuck claw on carpet /blankets etc.already got safe landing areas for her when she decides to run full tilt up her trees

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got some one-on-one time with DS today. He had an annual checkup so afterwards we went to a bagel place that’s usually out of the way. He wasn’t sure about the different spreads and tried to say he didn’t want anything but he’d already said blueberry bagel. So I ordered him that with Nutella. I guess he’s never had it before because at the first bite his eyes simultaneously got big and rolled back. :flail: I wish I’d recorded it!:lol:

I got my jalapeño-cheddar bagel with cream cheese fix too. It was nice to do something just the 2 of us.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some one-on-one time with DS today. He had an annual checkup so afterwards we went to a bagel place that’s usually out of the way. He wasn’t sure about the different spreads and tried to say he didn’t want anything but he’d already said blueberry bagel. So I ordered him that with Nutella. I guess he’s never had it before because at the first bite his eyes simultaneously got big and rolled back. :flail: I wish I’d recorded it!:lol:

I got my jalapeño-cheddar bagel with cream cheese fix too. It was nice to do something just the 2 of us.
:biggrin:home work motivation hehe

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had SUCH a good day today! The plan for the day was for my son and his gf to bring over the sofa I was buying from him and to get my old sofa out of the house. It is a monstrously heavy recliner and so the plan was to hack the padding and cushions off to get down to the wood frame and then try to saw it into manageable pieces. A big undertaking but it seemed the only way to get it out. But when we tipped it over we discovered we could just take out a dozen bolts and the sofa broke into arms and three sections. They weren’t exactly light but easy enough for a couple people to move and take outside. What we thought might take a could hours was done in twenty minutes!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is we went to a coffee party this afternoon. The store where I buy my beans was celebrating their 5th year in business. They had free coffee, nitro cold brew and snacks. It was nice to talk to the owners and see their roastery without the commotion of being at the actual store.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My art show is coming up rather quickly. If anyone is in or around NE Ohio and wants to see it, it is to be held from 27 June to 24 July in the B. Smith Gallery located on the third floor of the Medina Library.

My husband had requested that I make "The Last Queen of May" less "abstract-y" and "more recognizable" as me. He also did not like the lilacs. So, here is the updated version. (In daylight, her eyes look a wee bit too dark, so I might change them.) Overall, I can live with the changes. Since it is his painting and he is thrilled with it, I cannot be unhappy with it. (It is wet and the light is making it look shiny in parts.)
20220617_103451.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My art show is coming up rather quickly. If anyone is in or around NE Ohio and wants to see it, it is to be held from 27 June to 24 July in the B. Smith Gallery located on the third floor of the Medina Library.

My husband had requested that I make "The Last Queen of May" less "abstract-y" and "more recognizable" as me. He also did not like the lilacs. So, here is the updated version. (In daylight, her eyes look a wee bit too dark, so I might change them.) Overall, I can live with the changes. Since it is his painting and he is thrilled with it, I cannot be unhappy with it. (It is wet and the light is making it look shiny in parts.)
View attachment 423555
It's still gorgeous! I'm glad your husband loves his painting.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My art show is coming up rather quickly.
Your painting, The Last Queen of May, is fantastic. To say your talented would be an understatement since you are definitely an accomplished artist. 🤗

My positive is getting my first pedicure of the summer today. It was a special treat I don't do very often.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sawed down the legs on my living room end table today. It’s only been on my to do list for fifteen years and I have procrastinated because was afraid I couldn’t do it evenly. Made a mess and had do some sanding to get them even but now both my end tables, and the lamps that sit on them, are exactly the same height.

Adding on to my positives - my bargain bare root river birch tree is FINALLY showing signs of still being alive. A tiny tiny bit of green today!

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I received notice that the class action settlement for one of my computer components was completed and that I had a choice of gift cards for the payout. Now I have an extra $3.81 cents in my Amazon account. It might be enough to buy a cat toy
Don't you just love class action suits!! :flail:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you just love class action suits!! :flail:
Yes, they settle for millions, a large portion of which goes to attorneys and those affected get pittances. In this case I have no idea was the problem was with my computer‘s “Optical Device” and giving us the choice of a number of different gift cards like Target or Amazon made it so easy, I will settle for my $3.81

Status
Not open for further replies.