The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly it was so fresh that I didn't put anything on it. DH had an asiago bagel and also said it didn't need anything.
Oh, I would definitely need my condiments! I would have probably gotten butter or peanut butter on it.

My positive is my Thrive Market order already shipped. It says it will be here today, but I doubt it. It doesn't say On Truck For Delivery yet. Probably tomorrow, which is still really fast!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my Ancestry DNA test several years ago and received notice today that they have done a major upgrade in their results. Now they can show you specifically what ethnicities you inherited from each parent. Before it was all lumped together and you had to guess what came from each parent. A little easier for me since my mother was almost all Sicilian but even with that a few surprises. Learned today she had some Senegal DNA as well as Greek.

They also said additional parental DNA splits are coming so I will soon be able to see for example what I inherited from my paternal grandmother separate from what I inherited from my paternal grandfather. just amazing.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got myself a new purse and got it all set up. :banana1: For some reason I really don't like spending a lot of money on purses. My purse was probably 4 years old and the leather was getting ready to give way on the straps so it was time. I got it on sale for $25 too. It's big enough to hold my kindle but small enough to not be a real mom-bag either. Those days are over! :lol:

I did my Ancestry DNA test several years ago and received notice today that they have done a major upgrade in their results. Now they can show you specifically what ethnicities you inherited from each parent. Before it was all lumped together and you had to guess what came from each parent. A little easier for me since my mother was almost all Sicilian but even with that a few surprises. Learned today she had some Senegal DNA as well as Greek.

They also said additional parental DNA splits are coming so I will soon be able to see for example what I inherited from my paternal grandmother separate from what I inherited from my paternal grandfather. just amazing.
DD has been studying ancient history all year; ending with the Middle Ages in Europe. After studying this all year I don't think any DNA results would surprise me. People really did get around more than I thought!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ooh, I'll have to get on. We got a few unexpected results, so I'm curious what side of the family they're from.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I got myself a new purse and got it all set up. :banana1: For some reason I really don't like spending a lot of money on purses. My purse was probably 4 years old and the leather was getting ready to give way on the straps so it was time. I got it on sale for $25 too. It's big enough to hold my kindle but small enough to not be a real mom-bag either. Those days are over! :lol:

DD has been studying ancient history all year; ending with the Middle Ages in Europe. After studying this all year I don't think any DNA results would surprise me. People really did get around more than I thought!
I love getting a new purse. I only buy one maker and one style now, far smaller and lighter than what I used to have, so now it’s always the same purse but in different fabrics.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the reminder since I'm about due for a new purse. I really like backpack purses, they're sporty and roomy.
I usually get crossbody ones so I can be hands free without letting it be unattended. It’s probably not such a big deal since I don’t shop with little kids to distract me anymore. I used to clip my “mom bag” to the cart or put it on the bottom; but that’s how it got peed on once. Which is MUCH funnier now… :rolleyes2: :lol:

I went a little bigger this time and got a separate crossbody that was inexpensive. We have one department store here that always has a nice, large selection of purses. Just keep me away from the $40 and up ones!:dunno::lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got J to eat enough cheesy noodles today to count! I must have made the sauce to her liking.
How did you make it? I might try it, I'm craving some noodles.

My positive is my Thrive Market order was just delivered. Just some soups, protein drinks, coffee creamer, and white chocolate peppermint macadamia milk.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did you make it? I might try it, I'm craving some noodles.

My positive is my Thrive Market order was just delivered. Just some soups, protein drinks, coffee creamer, and white chocolate peppermint macadamia milk.
I didn't measure anything except the cheese, so hopefully I can redo it. I melted about half a tbps of the avocado oil butter, then stirred in a tiny bit of flour to thicken it. Then I added a bit of unsweetened almondmilk and .6oz of cheese (serving she needed was .5 oz, so I went a little over in case she didn't eat every drop), stirred until creamy, stirred in the noodles until it thickened up to stick on them well.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I'm glad I discovered 3 quarter length shirts, they make life so much easier, and I don't have to roll/fold up my sleeves. I'm going to completely switch to these next fall/winter.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I drove across town this morning to deliver a load of household things to a “free store” where people on limited incomes can pick out at no cost items they need for their homes. Some was just my excess stuff but quite a bit was things from my mothers house that I didn’t need but were too good to toss. Feels good to have the extra space back and to know someone else can benefit from them.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey's endoscopy is done! He is home! Just waiting biopsy results... On visual, everything looked normal.. so we will see.
He is ok.. just hiding, coming out to nibble a bit...

Kind of relieved... but I want to know why he is always vomiting... and eating foreign objects...

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey's endoscopy is done! He is home! Just waiting biopsy results... On visual, everything looked normal.. so we will see.
He is ok.. just hiding, coming out to nibble a bit...

Kind of relieved... but I want to know why he is always vomiting... and eating foreign objects...
O I know that feeling when you GET HOME. It always feel better to try to do the right thing by your cat, even if it leaves you utterly skint. Rest up and breathe…good luck!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby has never had a picture of his father.It has always pained me something fierce but relations with his family don't exist so I've been at a loss.Well,I discovered that one of his great nephews has been dabbling with ancestry and posted a really nice picture of who would be his (the nephews) great grandfather,and I sent it to my photos and printed off a copy today.Ha!More than one way to skin a ...um...rat!Hubby doesn't know that I did this,so I'm going to get a really nice frame and mat and there will be his Father's Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.