The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have a newcomer to the neighborhood - a red fox. 🦊 He or she has been running through the yards all day. I wondered what kind of animal was leaving bigger poops in our yard and now I know. :lol:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, I had placed a hummingbird feeder on the deck initially a couple of weeks ago - it's a visual beacon for them at that location. However, it gets too hot in the afternoons so I have to move it to under the pine trees for a few hours since I have no way to shade it otherwise.

In the process of that this year, I decided to just hang it a few branches over where I usually have a second feeder when more hummies show up as the summer goes along, and I thought everybody was ok with that so I stopped putting one on the deck. Then I saw a hummy perched on the top of a neighbor's young tree, looking and waiting for the missing feeder on the deck.

Oh, I felt like such a cretin!! and hurried to fill a feeder and get it out on the deck. Then, of course, over the past couple days I didn't ever see the hummy at this feeder (I don't have a camera on it) and since it's at the beginning of their season and this looked to me to be a new to my area bird, I figured I'd blown it and it had moved on. :sigh::bawling::frustrated:

This morning, I actually saw a ROBIN chasing it! Geez!! I had no idea robins would even care about a hummingbird in what they consider their territory.

Hopefully the tiny one is able to figure out a different flight path or something so it can access this feeder (I've seen one or two hummingbirds over the years that just aren't comfortable going under the pine trees).

... and the positive is; I can stop beating myself up that I failed a hummingbird. I don't know what it is about these little flying jewels, but they really get into a person's heart :loveeyes:.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We had beautiful weather here in NE Ohio this past week. Sun every day...so nice to see.

A tiny baby possum has been eating cat food on the deck sometimes early in the morning soooo sweet!!

Daniella, the tuxedo cat has been letting Robbie, the one right eyed and deformed right eared ginger cat,
eat on the deck while she is eating. She and Cal sit on the deck at the same time as Cal isn't afraid of her any longer.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I have been sticking to my supplement and compression therapy for my lipedema about 95% of the time. (The compression gets extremely claustrophobic at times.) I take my measurements every few days, and I was extremely happy when I took today's measurements. Since I started on 1 April, my waist is 7" smaller, and my thighs are 5" smaller! I am down three pant sizes. I put on a pair of jeans that fit me a wee bit snug before I started all of this and was shocked at how big they are on me. I can put them on and take them off without unbuttoning them. It will be July/August before the full effect is known, but I am so excited right now! I just wish I would stop needing to pee so much! Haha!

Another positive is that my new easel came today. My other one broke, so I have not been able to paint for a couple of days. This one is much sturdier.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I tried, but I just can't seem to get into chocolate like everyone else.
Many of us do not like one thing or another and that's ok, I absolutely can't stand cilantro even though many people love it. :dunno:

Yesterday afternoon DH had to run an errand to pick something up. It was near the lake so we stopped for a coffee drink for me, iced tea for him and a bagel since we were both hungry. We walked to the lake and found a bench in the shade. It was so peaceful watching the sail boats, birds and dog walkers. My positive is kicking back, relaxing and appreciating the natural surroundings. 😊

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My godson was baptized after church today. :redheartpump: I was getting teary eyed so I didn’t even manage a good picture. I was sitting next to my bestie’s mother in law and thinking about her mother who passed about 18 ago now and I could just picture her reaction. She’d be so proud. They were definitely happy tears!:redheartpump:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many of us do not like one thing or another and that's ok, I absolutely can't stand cilantro even though many people love it.
The chocolate drink was better with a little sugar added, maybe it will grow on me. I love cilantro, but it tastes better stir-fried in on med-high heat. What did you get on your bagel, just cream cheese? I love the huge bagels from the bakery at the supermarket, they are much bigger and more satisfying, great for sammiches.

My positive is I put in my Monday order at Thrive Market. I got vanilla, coconut, and coffee protein drinks, sweet potato soup, sweet potato curry soup, butternut squash soup, white chocolate peppermint macadamia milk, and my free gift was Nutpods Sweet Creme Creamer. I really like this brand of creamer with Erythritol in it.
1652710050072.png
1652710062962.png
1652710071371.png
1652710085008.png
1652710092590.png
1652710106366.png

1652710128042.png
1652710138204.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What did you get on your bagel, just cream cheese?
No, it was a cinnamon raisin bagel so cream cheese would't go with it. Honestly it was so fresh that I didn't put anything on it. DH had an asiago bagel and also said it didn't need anything.

My positive is thanks to the warmer temps we had last week the flowers I planted are doing well and starting to grow. 🌻

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids and I raced an angry looking thunder storm to get my young plants back in the garage. We had one bright flash and loud clap while we were outside. And then all we got was sprinkles. :lol: I'm counting it as a workout. ;)
No, it was a cinnamon raisin bagel so cream cheese would't go with it. Honestly it was so fresh that I didn't put anything on it. DH had an asiago bagel and also said it didn't need anything.
I put cream cheese on mine. :lol: I don't usually like sweet and savory so I'd prefer almond or peanut butter; but sometimes that's what we've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.