The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I might have saved myself $700 today. I posted about my sump pump alarm a few weeks ago and I have continued to have issues with the alarm staying off for a few days and then sounding. So after it went off multiple times today I called for a repair visit. But they charge $250 just to come out and $450 if the battery needs replacement. Couldn’t spend that so a nice gentlemen there walked me through disconnecting the battery cables so the alarm stayed off. While I was looking at it I noticed the cables looked corroded so I cleaned them and reconnected it. About three hours so far and no alarms. Fingers crossed. If it sounds again I will disconnect it and leave it that way until spring.
Alas, no I did not. The darned alarm started up again last night at 2:30 am. So now it is disconnected and I will wait another couple months to find a reasonably priced company to service it. It’s not my main sump pump, just a battery backup that only operates in a power outage so I think I am safe until we get to spring melt and storms.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I signed up for an online study and they just called me. I'm on standby in case the people who are signed up for certain times don't show up. Whether or not I get interviewed, I get $150 (which is more than the people who have the appointments are getting). This is my first attempt at doing this, but I'm pretty excited.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The handyman that I used this fall texted me to see if I was ready to move on the projects I had talked to him about when he was here. Absolutely I said and he will start on Monday. He will be taking down the fifty year old drop ceiling in the basement and doing some electrical lights and outlet updating for me. Getting rid of that ceiling is the first step in getting my HVAC ductwork inspected, sealed and insulated which is at the top of my 2022 to do list.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton has not been as enthusiastic about his wet food that he used to love. He still likes his dry food that he gets as a snack but I don't want him to eat only dry. A friend had given me a bunch of cans of cat food when her kitty passed away. I decided to try one and sure enough Carleton lapped it up. 😋 He's very picky but my positive is finding a new wet food that he enjoys.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We took Carleton to the vet early this morning for his follow up labs one month after getting the I-131 treatment. The vet called just before dinner tonight to let us know his T-4 level is in the normal range. :happycat: He'll have to go back again in two months but for now we're on cloud 9. :cloud9:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a great dentist appointment this morning! I had one scheduled last week but the weather was bad so it was cancelled. Normally it takes 4 months to get in there if something comes up. But with all the covid cases I was able to get in this week and before DH had to leave for work. My dentist herself did my cleaning (which probably means people are out of work too...) but she complimented how well my teeth were several times. I was having issues a few years ago and one of the hygienists there suggested using a kids size toothbrush. Since then; no issues! :yess: That might not be a big deal to some people; but I was so weary of trying to do everything right and STILL having issues. So to me; it's really a nice feeling!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am on day 8 after COVID exposure and still no symptoms so I think I am in the clear. I will thank my booster for that as I had dinner and spent several hours with my son last week on the day before he started having symptoms. He had been at a family gathering at his dads the previous weekend and virtually everyone attending has tested positive for COVID. Most, including him, were fully vaccinated so hopefully no one is going to get seriously sick.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Highly recommend the Cat Marina sleepcast to wind down at the end of the day :catlove: The full sleepcast is on the paid version of the Headspace app but there's a 10 minute version on Youtube.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An order of books for my kids came today and they were ripping into the box before I could get into the room! A series DD has been reading released 3 books recently so she used some Christmas/Birthday money on those. DS had his eye on a few; including a fun graphic novel. It got very quiet very quickly after that. I almost felt bad for making DS do school work. It does my heart so much good to see them loving reading like this!! :redheartpump:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I saved a little sparrow’s life today! I went down in my back basement storage room to get something and happened to catch a flutter out of the corner of my eye. A sparrow was trapped between the basement window and the window well cover and was madly dashing against things trying to get out. It was a bit of a dicey walk outdoors through snow to get to that side of the house but just a second to let him go. Poor thing would t have lasted very long in our cold weather.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone's been talking about wet cat food shortages and it made me nervous so I started calling around to different pet stores today. As luck would have it I found 2 cases at a store only 15 - 20 minutes away and they said they'd hold it for me until I got there. :cool2:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last week was a tech week celebration for the industry to recognize the work techs do :banana1: I've worked at places where the department would have daily fun events planned out for the week. My manger forgot about tech week but still managed to get a lunch together on Thursday to include other teams that support us and there's a breakfast tomorrow. We also got little goody bags that included a Target gift card. Dangerous because there's a Target store across the street from work :anticipation:I didn't forget about tech week so my contribution was chunky chocolate chip cookies and a box of chocolates from the chocolate cafe 🍪🍫

Status
Not open for further replies.