The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Let's hear something positive going on in your life. Something as small as a good cup of coffee, a sunny day or a phone call can be a small positive in your life. Remember to keep it positive. :hearthrob:

I have $65 in Kohls cash and 20% off. Looks like I will be doing some online shopping today. :lol:

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw a great sale on ammo at 2A Warehouse.😁 300 5.56 plus an ammo can for $150. I don't have much money, but that's 50 cents a bullet. Gotta take that one.
And no, I'm not a hunter. Just big on self preservation.😄 My dad used to design weapons for the gov't and shared his love for weapons with me.💗

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So cute!!

DD just syood there and jabbered the first time I took her out in a snowsuit. :lol: I think it took me longer to get her in all that getup than we spent outside!:rolleyes2:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was Sports Sunday, Chicago Bears 🏈 beat the NY Giants today but unfortunately the Blackhawks 🏒 lost to the Flames. After a snowstorm overnight the sun came out this afternoon melting most of the ice and snow on the streets.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I might have saved myself $700 today. I posted about my sump pump alarm a few weeks ago and I have continued to have issues with the alarm staying off for a few days and then sounding. So after it went off multiple times today I called for a repair visit. But they charge $250 just to come out and $450 if the battery needs replacement. Couldn’t spend that so a nice gentlemen there walked me through disconnecting the battery cables so the alarm stayed off. While I was looking at it I noticed the cables looked corroded so I cleaned them and reconnected it. About three hours so far and no alarms. Fingers crossed. If it sounds again I will disconnect it and leave it that way until spring.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Between the holidays and New Year's I forgot to post this positive - a pic of a hot cocoa cupcake I bought DH for his birthday. I knew if I baked a cake he would be eating it over the next week and shouldn't have that much sugar so a cupcake was much safer. 😉

IMG_1371.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A big thumbs up for Amazon. I found out on the 2nd that the cat food I ordered through Chewy, that should have been delivered this week, was out of stock. Amazon carried it so I ordered from them even though they estimated delivery around the 16th. That would leave me almost a couple week gap in Willows’s preferred food but better than waiting who knows how long for it to be back in stock at Chewy. Got the update from Amazon today that it will be arriving this Friday! No gap at all!

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Small positive - I had to see a new doctor today. I won't lie, I always get a little nervous when it's a Dr. I never met before but he was highly recommended by my current doc. He turned out to be extremely nice and very professional. He put my mind at ease and I told him the next time I see him I hope it's at Starbucks, lol. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I got my entire 2022 calendar organized and filled in all the important dates, e.g. appointments, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I go through the previous year's calendar and transfer everything I need to save for the new year. 🗓

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 70% finished with Hobbit's quiet book based on Lord of the Rings. This one is more a storybook than an activity book, but I am making one of those next. He has seen a couple of the pages and really likes the Balrog page. He keeps opening it and laughing while I am working on a different page. Obviously, the pages are not in their finished state, and I know the Balrog's horns are supposed to go down and not up, but I did what was easiest. Besides, I think he looks cute and Hobbit thinks he is funny. (I have 13 cats. Ignore that cat hair, my fellow cat parents!)

***This is my first attempt at anything like this, soI know it is far from professional looking!

20220106_213207.jpg 20220106_213213.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.