The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished snow blowing for the third time in two days and moving on to packaging and maybe even wrapping some Christmas gifts. Yesterday afternoon I finished making a birdhouse as a gift for my brother in law. I wasn’t intended to start trying to make some until after the holidays but three days of being stuck in the house due to snow gave me time to fiddle.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
AT this point, we ALL need to re-evaluate what gifts we have in stock!!
I was doing that this morning and realized I was missing a couple gifts that I know were delivered. Tore through every room and closet and couldn’t find them. Finally found them in a box under the bed. Don’t remember putting them there but must have been when I was straightening for Thanksgiving.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had plans to meet a friend for lunch today. The weather was not great, i.e. snow showers, windy and cold plus the restaurant was not close but I didn't want to disappoint my friend. My positive is that I had a wonderful time and, best of all, the restaurant has a bakery so I picked up a gingerbread scone to bring home. :yummy:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD and I saw the most AMAZING meteor the other night! I've seen some good shooting stars over the years; but this was different! I was driving down a dark country road and it was LOW and WIDE and BRIGHT! We both yelled and I almost hit the breaks! I mean it was through the front dash and sort of between my direct and peripheral vision so for a split second I thought airplane because it was basically going the same direction we were and it seemed so close! I've got goosebumps just remembering. It was SO cool!!
And the extra positive is that now you have cookies to eat, yes? Or did she give them all to the other kids.
Yes!! To my surprise they didn't finish them so I had ione while driving home to hold me over for dinner. We have more dough in the fridge too. :yummy:
I was doing that this morning and realized I was missing a couple gifts that I know were delivered. Tore through every room and closet and couldn’t find them. Finally found them in a box under the bed. Don’t remember putting them there but must have been when I was straightening for Thanksgiving.
I used to shop clearance stuff over the summer to get some toys for my kids for Christmas and what not. There was this one little stuffed flamingo in a little purse that took me 2 Christmases to get to DD because I hit it so well. :lol: Now I keep my yearly spreadsheet to track everything. And a tote in the garage for when stuff gets here. :lol:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Dog & Cat Lovers
Oct 17

~♡~
"Today on my way home from work I found this kid in the middle of the road. I looked to see if he belonged to anyone, if he had other dogs with him... Nothing... He was alone and crying non-stop. We went to the vet, he didn't have a chip and so I decided let's be a family! We came home and I put him to bed...He's sleeping so deep, calm and happy. His first photo happy... And I want many more to follow. Thank you for coming into my life! Animals choose us. .." ❤
main-qimg-28760be6df8788ef13acb240281e26e9-lq.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Putting on a happy face since after nearly 3 long weeks the sun is finally out today. 🌞
Yes! So wonderful to see the sun and Lola is happy her bird shadows are back. The sun also helps keep my house warmer on these cool winter days. It streams in the south facing windows and really heats up the hardwood floors.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Putting on a happy face since after nearly 3 long weeks the sun is finally out today. 🌞
Yes! So wonderful to see the sun and Lola is happy her bird shadows are back. The sun also helps keep my house warmer on these cool winter days. It streams in the south facing windows and really heats up the hardwood floors.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to visit the dementia aunty this afternoon to help her with some stuff and drop off her Christmas gift. We were talking about snow and she mentioned that she had a small snowblower in the basement she didn’t use anymore. I took a look at it and darned if it wasn’t the exact electric snow thrower make and model that I had used and relied on for nearly 24 years until it broke last year. I was so sad when that happened and have had it apart in my basement in the hopes I might be able to repair it. No need to now, since I have an exact duplicate and it works perfectly!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally have warm mittens! Over the years I have bought so many pairs of gloves and mittens to try to keep my hands warm on these super cold days. In the last few years I have really been struggling with cold hands to the point where I will need to come in and warm up numb fingers a few times when snowblowing. But not anymore. A month or so ago I took a risk on some $60 mittens on Amazon that were sheepskin with shearling fur on the inside. I have never paid that much before and I really hoped this wouldn’t be a big waste of money. I was outside this morning for more than 40 minutes at ten below and my hands weren’t even cold, let alone numb!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I took that step about 8 years ago. I have Raynaud's. My fingers are always cold, and turn bluish when I shovel or clean off the car. I bought a pair of LLBean down ski gloves. They are the warmest gloves I have ever had. Very bulky, but so warm and waterproof. I love them.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Dog & Cat Lovers
Oct 17

~♡~
"Today on my way home from work I found this kid in the middle of the road. I looked to see if he belonged to anyone, if he had other dogs with him... Nothing... He was alone and crying non-stop. We went to the vet, he didn't have a chip and so I decided let's be a family! We came home and I put him to bed...He's sleeping so deep, calm and happy. His first photo happy... And I want many more to follow. Thank you for coming into my life! Animals choose us. .." ❤
View attachment 438926
Amazing! He looks so happy!!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A month or so ago I took a risk on some $60 mittens on Amazon that were sheepskin with shearling fur on the inside. I have never paid that much before and I really hoped this wouldn’t be a big waste of money. I was outside this morning for more than 40 minutes at ten below and my hands weren’t even cold, let alone numb!
I was just thinking about asking you, since we're running into the same thing for both of us where especially the tips of our fingers get cold, and then numb :(. Its great to hear there's something that works 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.